How Great Is Your Love?

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I would like to thank AAAAAK,  ReVeluv-Sone, 2vinsblog, NoSocialSkills, and peroro47 for the upvote. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After having dinner and letting Tiffany Chaerin and her friends back to the parking area, Taeyeon didn’t bother herself and went back from what she’s doing the entire day. It’s been a long time since the last time she wrote her unsaid thoughts, and getting in this kind  of situation with Tiffany inspired her.

She hopes that she’ll have the opportunity to let Tiffany read what she’s written for her. She hopes that after she tells Tiffany everything, the person she loves will still accept her and build future with her.

Taeyeon snorted and shakes her head. ‘You’re already planning to have a future with her and yet you’re not doing anything to win her back. You pabo.’

 When she’s done writing the last line of her composition, she smiled and closed her notepad. Her eyes started to search for Tiffany but the brunette is nowhere from her sight.

Taeyeon began packing her things and gets noticed by Sooyoung. “Where are you going?”

“Tiffany’s missing. I should find her.” She replied and zipped her backpack. She was about to leave and go look for Tiffany when Sooyoung spoke.

“Ah. About that. That bipolar girlfriend of yours informed me that she’s leaving.” Sooyoung informed, not minding referring Tiffany as Taeyeon’s girlfriend because it’s all what they wanted – for Taeyeon and Tiffany be together again.

“And you didn’t try to stop her?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. She already get used with her friends stopping Tiffany from avoiding her and it surprised her that Sooyoung didn’t do anything about it.

“Mmm.” The tall woman just replied casually.

“It’s already late in the evening, Sooyoung! How can you let Tiffany go especially she didn’t bring any car with her.” Taeyeon yelled at her, worried that something might happen to Tiffany, that she might bump into a drunk jerk and start harrassing her.

Seeing the discomfort and concern from her friend’s face, Sooyoung placed her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder and looked at her with a smile. “Chill, Taeng. We let her go because we want you to go out and follow her. You know where’s the only place she’ll be heading near here. She’s safe.”

“We know that look you’re giving CL-ssi and Tiffany earlier. You know it’s a fake relationship but you’re still getting jealous.” Yuri stated, and everyone started to gather around her.

“Maybe it’s about time for you to tell her, unnie.” Seulgi added, giving Taeyeon a reassuring smile.

Taeyeon can see the concern on her sister and her friends’ faces. She appreciated the support that they are giving to her and Tiffany.

She wanted to smile at them but after hearing Tiffany’s answer at her random question last night made her frown. “But I asked her last night if she wanted to hear my reason. She said it doesn’t matter to her anymore since I already left her.”

Her friends just shake their heads and chuckled as if it’s just normal for them what Tiffany told her. Then Hyoyeon said, “You know that our friend is such a drama queen. Just go and spill it all out.”

Irene nodded in approval and said, “I hate to admit it but Hyoyeon unnie’s right. My cousin is such a drama queen.”

“Go, unnie. You’ll eventually have to tell her everything later so why not do it now? Don’t prolong the pain. It’s better if you confront each other. The important thing here is you’ll finally tell her the truth.”

“Seulgi’s right. We don’t have any idea about what’s really happening with you or Fany unnie but, I think that you still have a chance, Taeyeon unnie.” Wendy said, earning approving gestures from Yeri and Joy.

Taeyeon nodded a few times and finally gives her friends a subtle smile. “Okay okay. I’ll go now. Thank you for teaming up just to make me look like an idiot.”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes and snorted. “Well, you are.”

“Hah. Thanks, Syoung. I don’t know how Tiffany managed to be with you for all these years.” Taeyeon sarcastically told her friend.

“I didn’t leave her, that’s why.” The words came out from Sooyoung’s mouth naturally.

When she saw the disapproving look from everyone. She made a sheepish smile and said, “Oops. Sorry.”

-

Tiffany’s enjoying the view of the sea as the cold breeze of the morning wind caressed her face. She never felt carefree until now. It was like the waves carried away all of her burdens for a moment and gave her peace. Peace. That’s all she wants. She wants to forget everything and move on with her life.

But the longer she stays there, the longer Chaerin’s words echoed into her mind. ‘She left you and she did come back for you. You know, it’ll be a lot easier for the both of you if you’ll stop being so stubborn.’

Tiffany sighed and turned her heel to leave the beach when she saw someone’s façade blocking her way. She looked up and saw the face of the woman she loves and the very same woman who broke her heart into pieces. Taeyeon was standing there in front of her, her face repentant.

"Taeyeon. How did you…” she refrained herself from asking by answering her own question and shakes her head in dismay. ‘Sooyoung.’

“Miyoung-ah." Taeyeon muttered her name, not knowing how to begin.

"Please, Tae. Not now." Tiffany pleaded. She already knew why the blonde is here. Taeyeon will probably ask her to hear her out again. But wanting to avoid it, she left the others without bidding any formal goodbye.

She badly wants to hear her reason, but she thinks that she’s not ready for it yet. She doesn’t know what to do after she’ll know about the reason why Taeyeon left. She’s scared that Taeyeon’s reason might not be enough for her to believe.

"Please." Taeyeon begged.

‘Don’t deprive yourself of the happiness you deserve.’ Chaerin’s advice echoed in her mind. Tiffany suddenly thinks that if she let this chance slip away, she'll lose Taeyeon forever.

Tiffany breathed deeply and finally looked at Taeyeon. “Okay.”

Taeyeon’s face brightened as soon as Tiffany uttered that she’ll finally let her explain. She started finding the right words to say as she doesn’t want to mess her chance with Tiffany. She needs her to understand that she did it out of fear. That she had to do it to keep her and those people around her safe from Mister Hwang’s heinous threats.

She was about to start speaking when Tiffany interrupted her, “But we need to go back to the rest house first. I don’t want the both of us die in cold.”

Tiffany started to walk while Taeyeon just followed her from behind. The rest house wasn’t that far from where they have been.

When they arrived inside the rest house, Tiffany halted in the living room and faced Taeyeon with her arms folded. Taeyeon knew that it’s already a cue for her to explain so she sagged her shoulders and directly looked at Tiffany’s eyes.

“It’s your father. He knew about us and didn’t like it.”

Tiffany’s eyes widened at the revelation. She wasn’t expecting for Taeyeon to speak like that at her father. All this time she thought that Taeyeon left her because being with her is tiresome and her love will never be enough for her. She was expecting lame excuses. But this,  it never came to her that her father would have done such thing.

When she’s still at it, Taeyeon continued explaining. “I’m sorry, Miyoung-ah. I only did what I think what is best for you. I know how important your family is, your dad is for you and I can’t take that away from you. I love you, Miyoung-ah. I always have, and I always will. We’re just in the wrong situation that time and I didn’t have the choice but let you go.”

Tiffany shakes head in disbelief and finally replied, “That’s impossible. My dad can’t do that to us. He was nice to you.”

“He was, not until he knew that his daughter is dating her girl best friend.” Taeyeon said, putting an emphasis on the word ‘girl’ for Tiffany to understand.

"I... I don't know. Why you didn't fight for me? We could've found a way together." Tiffany weakly said as tears started to fall down from her eyes.

“I...” Taeyeon hesitated to answer that question being thrown at her. She also asked herself about that many times, on why she didn’t fight for them.

The two of them went silent for a moment, their eyes still holding each other’s gaze. Tiffany badly wants to understand Taeyeon. Her reason was valid but still unacceptable for her. Tiffany wiped her cheeks stained with tears and breaks their silence. "You should have still come back for me. Four years, Taeyeon. Four years, and you did nothing."

"Oh God, Tiffany! I did everything to get back to you! When I heard that you got sick because of me, I went back to Seoul. I was already there to see you when... when..." Taeyeon stopped herself because she thinks that it isn’t right if she tells more about what her father did.

When Tiffany noticed that Taeyeon has no intention of finishing what she was saying, Tiffany snapped at her. "When what?! Tell me Taeyeon!"

"Y-your dad. He went to me and threatened my family.” Taeyeon said in a low voice.

"No. You're lying. My dad can't do that." Tiffany said in denial, not welcoming the thought that her father can do this to her.

"She's saying the truth, Miyoung-ah. Your dad almost conspired with my father to bring Taeyeon noona's family company down. I heard them talking about it before."

Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at Nichkhun’s direction who was standing just beside the door. It seemed like he’s been there for the whole time and just broke his silence to testify for Taeyeon.

She can’t believe that Nichkhun has also something to do about this. She feels disapponted that the person who remained loyal to her is actually just like them. But there’s no use of showing her disappointment right now. Tiffany just shakes her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter