Complete

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I would like to thank ZekkenKryberLiu,  attada84, and taenosaurus for the upvote. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning sun had kissed her awake. Slivers of light peeped through the drawn blinds, casting thin golden stripes across her beautiful face. Tiffany kept her eyes shut as the sunlight emanating outside her window irritates her.

 

Tiffany yawned and stretched her arms to her sides finding out that the space right next to her is empty. She opened her eyes and frowned when she didn’t find Taeyeon inside her room. She sighed and sits up, looked for any trace of the person she’s been looking for but found none.

 

She went out of her room and began to look at every nook and corner of their apartment to search Taeyeon but she wasn’t able to find her. She even went to check Taeyeon's closet in her room and finds that some of her clothes are still hanged there.

 

She was so sure that she went home last night with Taeyeon, that they spent the night together in her room. She was so sure that she and Taeyeon made up and it wasn’t just a dream.

 

Then a foolish thought suddenly comes to her mind. Tiffany started to think that maybe she has gone too far by limiting her relationship with Taeyeon, keeping they’re ‘just best friends’ status. She thinks that maybe Taeyeon has already grown tired of her, that it could be the reason of her frequent rendezvous with Jessica.

 

 

Tiffany sank on her bed and started crying. She doesn't know what to do anymore. She's tired of feeling alone. And it will hurt her so bad if Taeyeon leaves her again this time, after everything she has done for them.

 

Instead of moping about it, Tiffany shed her tears and retrieved her phone. She thinks that maybe Taeyeon just went out for a moment or visited Hyeonhyuk so she dialed her. But the moment she placed her phone on her ear, it instantly directed to her voicemail.

 

Tiffany tried and tried to call her but Taeyeon's still cannot be reached. Then she contacted Seulgi thinking that Taeyeon could be with her right now. The younger girl's phone kept on ringing until she finally answered the call. "Ne, Fany unnie."

 

"Did you just wake up, Seul? I'm sorry if I bothered you."

 

"No, it's fine. Is everything okay?" Seulgi said in a reassuring tone and asked her.

 

"Yes, yes. I just thought that maybe Taeyeon went there for a moment but it looks like she didn't." Tiffany replied worriedly.

 

She heard Seulgi yawn and say, "Is she not there? Don't worry, unnie. My Taeyeon unnie is old, she can manage herself. Just eat your breakfast."

 

"Okay, Seul. Bye. Sorry for waking you up.” She said and ended the call.

 

She tried to call Yuri this time and she sighed in relief when her friend answered the call at the second ring. "Is Taeyeon there?" she straightforwardly asked.

 

"Good morning to you too, Fany-ah. Is there a problem?" Yuri greeted and casually asked her.

 

"There's nothing good yet in the morning, Yul. It's Taeyeon. She's gone."

 

"What do you mean that she's gone?" Yuri queried.

 

"She’s already gone when I woke up. Is she not there?" Tiffany asked, hoping that her girlfriend is just there with Yuri’s cousin and nephew, hanging out with them.

 

She can hear footsteps from the background. Tiffany assumes that Yuri’s checking if Taeyeon’s really there, and after a few seconds she replied. "Hyeonhyuk and Dean are still asleep. Maybe Taeng just went out for a jog."

 

"I called her a few times, Yuri-ah. Her phone's keep on directing to her voicemail." Tiffany told their friend in concern.

 

"How about her sister? Maybe Seulgi knows." Yuri nonchalantly responded, as if she’s not alarmed that Taeyeon’s missing and might have left Tiffany again.

 

"I called her before calling you and she also told me that Taeyeon isn't with her. Don't you think my father did something to her. Don't you think---"

 

Yuri sighs and cuts her negative thought as she calmly said, "Fany-ah, chill. I'm going to call the other girls and ask them. Let's not jump into conclusions, okay? If Taeyeon doesn't come back after lunch, we'll come and get you so we can look for her."

 

"What if something really happened to her? Maybe we should call the police." Tiffany said, still worried that something bad might have happened to Taeyeon..

 

"No, no. We can't let the cops get involved, not when media's attention is still with the two of you."

 

Tiffany sagged her shoulders and closed her eyes for a moment, thinking that her friend’s right. The media’s interest with them might have diminished but there are still few who keeps an eye for them, as if waiting for them to take their relationship into the next level or end everything.

 

"Then what am I supposed to do? I can't lose her again, Yuri-ah. I can't." Tiffany winced as the thought of living her life again without Taeyeon crept into her mind again.

 

"I'll call Sooyoung and accompany you there. Just don't do anything silly, Fany-ah. Your Taeyeon's okay. Just eat your breakfast first, okay?"  Yuri finally said in a worried tone.

 

"Okay. Just call me right away when you reach Tae. Thanks, Yul."

 

Tiffany suddenly finds it odd when both person she just called had told her to eat her breakfast. She checked their dining area to see if she can find something Taeyeon related and found an American breakfast prepared for her. She was too busy looking for Taeyeon that she didn't notice it and the note along with it.


She grasped the letter and read it.

 

I forgot to charge my phone last night so you probablt won't contact me.
Something urgent happened. I'm sorry for not waking you up. Eat your breakfast.
I love you, Miyoung-ah. See you later.

-

 

Taeyeon walks back and forth, trying to memorize her lines for her confession later. It isn't the first time that she's confessing her love for Tiffany and asking her to be her girlfriend, but the thought of getting dumped scared her.

 

She stared at the room that she's in right now. No decorations. No balloons, flowers or confettis. Jessica told her to make things simple, and she hoped that this simplicity will be enough for Tiffany.

 

'It's the thought that counts anyways.' Taeyeon told herself.

 

Minutes later, her official phone started ringing. She creased her eyebrows, wondering on who would call her using her other number when she only uses it for work.

 

Her own question was answered when she sees Sooyoung's name on the screen. She remembered that she gave Sooyoung her contact number before so that she could get some updates on Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon answered the call and placed the phone on her ear, letting the person on the other line speak first. She can't let her cover be blown. Tiffany must not ask to see her yet, not when she's not finished restoring the room to its former look. And she hasn't retrieved yet the coat she asked from her cousin, Heechul.

 

“Ya. Eodiya. I heard from Yuri that Fany called her and your sister to look for you.” She finally heard Sooyoung's nagging worried voice.

 

She was relieved that it was only Sooyoung and then answered, “Can you keep her busy for the meantime?”

 

“What exactly are you doing, Kim Taeyeon? In case you don’t know, I have also noticed how you were avoiding Tiffany these past few days. Why are you avoiding her?” Sooyoung said like an angry best friend confronting her best friend's lover who just cheated on her.

 

“I’m not avoiding her!” Taeyeon defended herself.

 

“Then what’s with the sudden meetings? Don’t use the hospital as your reason because I swear Taeyeon, it won’t work on me. I know everyone’s schedule and you know that.”

 

Sooyoung acting and talking like that started to scare Taeyeon. She already get used of Sunny and Yuri reprimanding her, but not Sooyoung. The woman may look easygoing and bubbly on the surface, but just like Tiffany, you must not get into her bad side.

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes for a moment and pursed her lips. For a moment, she thought that she would be needing Sooyoung and their other friends' help to keep Tiffany distracted, even just for a couple of hours.

 

“Fine.”

 

“Now tell us. What are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter