My Best Friend

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I would like to thank mortable,  pandaeyes17, alex097, BJPark, and Alwaystaeny3981 for the upvote. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Taeyeon was still surprised at the sudden revelation that Tiffany just made to the public. She wasn’t expecting that Tiffany will rebel like this to her father. She hated to admit it but she admired the other woman’s boldness and introduced her to everyone as the love of her life.

The moment they arrived at their apartment that day, Taeyeon just looked at Tiffany and watched as the latter nonchalantly takes her seat on the couch, grabbing the remote control from the coffee table and the television.

Tiffany were flipping channels and stopped when she found at the channel that she’s been looking for. Taeyeon looked at the screen and a snippet of what happened earlier just outside the Hwang Corporation replayed.

Some responses from the netizens about the subject matter were also shown at the report. Majority of them are symphatizing for the both of them, but there are also some who criticized them.

Taeyeon joined Tiffany on the couch and observed her for a moment, on how she’s dealing with all of these. Then she shifted her gaze again to the television screen and analyzed everything.

"So, does this mean that we're---"

"Let's just stay as best friends for now, Tae." Taeyeon shifted her gaze back to Tiffany and saw that she’s serious about it.

"Oh. Okay." Taeyeon tried to hide the disappointment on her face but it was too late.

Tiffany placed her hand above Taeyeon’s hand and gave it a light squeeze. She looked apologetically at Taeyeon and said, "Please don't misunderstand me, Taeyeon-ah. I love you. It's just that I don't want to lose you again."

Taeyeon held Tiffany’s gaze. She could see that it was also difficult for Tiffany to tell those words to her but she understood. She gave her a reassuring smile and said, "Okay. Let's deal with that."

"Are you sure?"

Taeyeon nodded and said, "Mmm. As long as you're stuck with me, it's fine with me."

"I'm sorry, Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany said guiltily.

Taeyeon placed her arm around Tiffany’s shoulder and pulled her closer. She let Tiffany lean on her shoulder and then she said, "No. I'm sorry, Miyoung-ah. Thank you for giving us a chance. I love you."

"I love you too."

 

"Taengoo. Ya. Earth to Kim Taeyeon~" A tiny voice said impatiently as she sees her friend spacing out again for the umpteenth time.

Taeyeon blinked a few times and looked at her friend who’s not that pleased with her idleness. She got used of Jessica giving her that look and just said, "I'm sorry. What is it?"

"You're thinking about how she indirectly dumped you, aren't you?"

"I'm not."

Jessica shakes her head and smiled. "Don't worry, Taeyeon-ah. You've worked hard these past few days. It's going to be worth it."

"You think so?"

Jessica gives her a reassuring nod and said, "Tiffany is a romantic person. And you know, I wouldn't have accepted your favor if I didn't know her that much."

Taeyeon sighed and nodded at her friend’s words."I know. Thank you for helping me despite of your hectic schedule."

Jessica waved her hand in dismissal and said, "Oh, it's fine. By the way, will it be okay if I play?"

Taeyeon jerked her head to the side and furrowed her eyebrows. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Jessica just gives her a sly grin as her eyes darted towards the entrance of the cafe. Taeyeon turned her back to see on what her friend is looking at and her eyes widened as she sees what or rather, who it is.

She clenched her teeth and gives Jessica a forced smile. She has already an idea on what is running on her friend’s mind right now and she doesn’t like it so she asked, "What are you thinking, Jessica Jung?"

"Don't worry. She'll get back into her senses after this. You'll be assured that Tiffany really loves you and wants to have a future with you.”

-

After having that lunch with Sooyoung, Tiffany decided to go somewhere else and clear her mind for awhile as she’s still sullen about Taeyeon cancelling their supposed to be lunch together.

Sooyoung offered her that she could come with her but she politely refused, telling her close friend that she can manage herself. Tiffany then finds herself standing outside the cafe that she and Taeyeon she usually goes to.

The cafe’s security guard opens the door for her and she stepped inside the cafe. Her eyes searched around for a secluded spot where she could enjoy her coffee until she surprisingly finds the person she’s been looking for the whole day.

She smiled as Taeyeon approaches her, but the smile instantly fades away when she sees the person who seemed to be with her.

Tiffany gives Taeyeon a stern look then moved her attention towards the reason why her lunch date was cancelled. "Sooyeon."

"Miyoung." Jessica said with a curt smile.

"Why are you with her?" Tiffany didn’t even hide the bitterness in her tone.

"Our meeting was unexpected, Fany-ah." Jessica casually explained to her.

Tiffany finally looked at Taeyeon and snappingly said, "Where did you go?"

Taeyeon wasn’t able to answer her question and just gives her an apologetic look. Jessica’s the one who replied for her instead. "We had lunch and just talked about some random stuff."

"Just random stuff, I see." Then she finally shifted her gaze to Taeyeon and bitterly said, "I thought you're busy with some things in the hospital and here you are."

Jessica chuckled and mockingly say, "Don’t tell me that you’re jealous just now, Tiff?"

Tiffany clenched her fist and controlled herself. She looked again at Jessica and gives her a forced smile. "No. Why would I be jealous?"

Jessica shrugged her shoulders and innocently said,"Because your best friend has ditched your lunch date and ate with me."

Best friend, not girlfriend. The term that Jessica just used to describe her relationship with Taeyeon irritated her.

Tiffany raised her brow and irritatingly replied, "Excuse me?"

"Well, I told you years ago that your best friend is cute and I like her, didn't I? You just didn't give me a call."

Taeyeon already sensed the rage that is building up inside Tiffany and before hell breaks loose, she gets in the way and gently holds Tiffany's hand. She holds contact with Tiffany's eyes and soothingly said, "You're still going to buy something at your favorite store, right? Let's go. I heard that the collection that you are waiting just arrived."

Then she takes Tiffany out with her and gives Jessica a frown before leaving.

Taeyeon assumed that Tiffany didn't bring her car with her so she immediately took her inside her car and fastened the seatbelt for her. Then she went her way to the driver's seat and fastens her seatbelt, turning on the car engine right after.

Tiffany looked at how calm Taeyeon is right now and scoffed. She shakes her head in disbelief then asked, "Why are you with her? And best friend? Really, Tae?"

"We're best friends, aren't we? I just can't tell anyone that you're my girlfriend when it's not true. I am just your best friend." Taeyeon as a matter of factly stated as she sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter