Something Kinda Crazy

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are we there yet?” Tiffany asked her best friend as she catches her breath. They’ve already been hiking for more than one hour and yet, they still haven’t reached their destination.

 

While they were doing grocery yesterday, Taeyeon suggested out of the blue that they should do something adventurous for a change. Tiffany suggested that they could just go to the amusement park but Taeyeon reasoned out that she wants to do something new that they could treasure for the rest of their lives so she came up with the idea of hiking at the outskirts of town and have some connection with the nature.

 

Tiffany wanted to lecture her best friend on how wrong it is to trek at this time, that it is just useless and no fun. She was about to speak when the breathtaking view in front of her made her shut her own mouth.

 

“Wow. It’s so beautiful, Tae.” Tiffany said as soon as she found her words.

 

Her eyes were mesmerized with the beauty of the sun sending an army of light flashing the trees in surprisingly different shades. Flowers in the meadows were sprouting up in an amazing discord of the colours to dazzle her senses and eyes as beautiful ranges of colors from yellow, green, purple, pink, red and others that struck her.

 

While Tiffany is being enthralled with the beauty of the nature in front of her, there’s Taeyeon who is very much captivated with her beauty. “Yeah, it’s beautiful.”

 

“I didn’t know that something like this still exists in Seoul.It’s so wonderful, Tae.” Tiffany said in amusement.

 

“Well, I’m glad that you like it.” Taeyeon replied and shifted her gaze at the beautiful scenery.

 

“My complaining and nagging all the way up here is just worth it. Thank you for bringing me here, boo.” Tiffany said in appreciation and took her glance at Taeyeon who is solemnly engulfing herself with the view in front of them

 

Taeyeon breathed heavily as she looked at Tiffany. “Yeah. I just hope that your loudness didn’t disturb the other hikers.”

 

Tiffany made a face and slapped her best friend’s arm lightly as she said, “Ya. You can’t blame me for that. I just thought it would just be nonstop hiking into the woods.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled and said, “It is pun intended, Fany-ah. Wait, where are you going?”

 

“I’m going to look around if there is something more interesting here. Do you want to come with me?” Tiffany said as she started walking around.

 

“There’s nothing more left in there, Fany. It’s written in the guide that the trail just ends here.” Taeyeon said tiredly as she took her seat on the bench attached near the bushes.

 

“Well, if you don’t want to join me then I’ll just check it myself.” Tiffany said nonchalantly and just continued exploring the place.

 

“Okay. Just be careful and come back soon.” Taeyeon reminded her. She wanted to accompany her best friend but her exhaustion is catching up with her.

 

Tiffany was a bit disappointed that Taeyeon didn’t follow her but still she managed to explore beyond the trail by herself. Just like what has her best friend said, there’s nothing more left there in the threshold of the trail but a cliff showing her a clearer and better view of the nature.

 

After a few minutes of relishing what the nature has offered to her eyes, Tiffany decided to head back where Taeyeon is. She could hear her best friend’s laughter as she walked. Tiffany wondered if Taeyeon’s just laughing by herself but it surprised her that she’s not alone, and seeing who she was laughing with just triggered her jealousy.

 

Tiffany approached the two and said, “Hi. I didn’t know that we’ve got company.”

 

Taeyeon and the other girl stopped from their chatting when they noticed Tiffany’s arrival. Taeyeon lookedat her brightly and said, “Oh, Fany. I thought you’re going to take a long walk.”

 

“I just don’t feel like strolling anymore.” Tiffany said nonchalantly and takes her seat right next to Taeyeon.

 

“Here. Take some.” Taeyeon handed her the flask filled with water. Then she took her towel and started to wipe Tiffany’s face that is covered with sweat.

Tiffany drinks up the water and thanked Taeyeon afterwards.

 

It caught Taeyeon’s attention that her best friend’s eyeing the other person sitting next to her. She almost forgot that someone has joined their company. “Oh. I’m sorry. Fany, meet Jessica Jung. Jessica, meet---”

 

“Hwang Miyoung.” Taeyeon looked at her new friend in daze. No one dared to call her best friend with her Korean name. It made her surprise even more when Tiffany didn’t scowl at the girl.

 

“It’s been a long time, Jung Sooyeon.” Tiffany smiled brightly. But the other girl already knew that Tiffany’s already sending her some signal to go away.

 

“Wait, you two know each other? Wow.” Taeyeon gaped at the two of them.

 

Tiffany disregarded her best friend’s words and gave Jessica a hostile look, “When did you come back? I thought you decided to not leave the States anymore.”

 

“That was like two decades ago, Tiff. I had to fix some things here for my company. But don’t worry, I already fixed it and I’m leaving tomorrow.” Jessica openly said and reassured her old friend.

 

Taeyeon saw how her best friend rolled her eyes when her new friend mentioned about something. Then she suddenly thought, ‘Two decades? Twenty years ago? We’re still in grade school that time. Is Jessica one of our classmates that Fany had arguments with?’

 

“Tiff and I were best friends before she left. We didn’t have a proper farewell so here we are.” Jessica smiled briefly at Taeyeon as she answered her unvoiced question.

 

Amidst their conversation, Jessica’s phone made a sound. She checked to see what is it then looked apologetically at the two, more on Taeyeon saying, “I’m sorry but I have to go now. It was very nice to meet you Taeyeon. Thank you for the drink.”

 

She gave Taeyeon a quick hug which made Tiffany fume in jealousy. Jessica saw how her former best friend reacted. Then she came to hug her and whispered into her ear saying, “Your best friend’s kind of cute. I wonder if she already has a girlfriend. Just give me a call when you dump her.”

 

Then Jessica broke their hug and began to act normally again as she said, “Nice bumping into you two. See you around. Bye!”

 

Taeyeon waved her hand as the other girl left. As soon as Jessica was gone in their view, Taeyeon moved beside her besfriend and jerked her elbow. “You didn’t say that you have another best friend aside from me. Well, she’s a nice girl though.”

 

Seeing Taeyeon acting all dorky in times like this just fueled Tiffany’s irritation, “Then why don’t you just ask Jessica and be your best friend. Besides, the two of you do look good together.”

 

Taeyeon didn’t expect her best friend to be irritated like this. She knows that Tiffany’s been a possessive best friend but never did she see her get mad like this.

Taeyeon gets hold of Tiffany’s hand to calm her down and said, “Are you okay?”

 

“No, I’m not. I’m jealous.” Tiffany blurted out. She didn’t mind if Taeyeon took her words the other way. She just wanted to let Taeyeon know that she’s freaking jealous over Jessica.

 

Taeyeon almost blushed at Tiffany’s confession. She knows that Tiffany isn’t the kind of person who admits her insecurities towards other people. Taeyeon took this opportunity and , “Are you jealous because I was having fun with a stranger while you were gone?”

 

“Yes. And I’m jealous that it only took Jessica a few minutes just to make you laugh.” Tiffany bluntly admitted.

 

“Well, I can’t just force myself to not laugh at her jokes. She was funny.” Taeyeon locked her eyes with her best friend and said, “Ceasefire? I’ll treat you with your favorite eel and japchae when we go down.”

 

Tiffany can’t resist her best friend if she’s acting all cute and dorky like this. She was also bribing her with those foods that she’s been craving for forever. Tiffany sighed in defeat. Taeyeon does know her weak spot.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter