Time Lapse

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I would like to thank koalascamz and mylovetaeng309 for the upvote. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiffany locked herself for days since the day Taeyeon left. She was waiting for her to come back. She waited for days, weeks, and months, but she still hasn’t heard anything from Taeyeon. She asked their friends if they still communicate with Taeyeon, but they just tell her that they also don’t know her whereabouts.

 

Tiffany felt like giving up. She doesn’t know where to start in searching for her. She tried to find her in places that they’ve been to, but she wasn’t there. Taeyeon’s nowhere to be found. Four more years had passed and Tiffany decided to just focus on the companies affiliated to her and her family. Within those years, she made a name of her own and became successful.

 

“When are you coming?” Tiffany asked Nichkhun who insisted to accompany her in the airport. She’s leaving for California this afternoon for a business trip. Tiffany thinks that it’s a blessing in disguise as she wants to come home for a vacation.

 

“I just need to finish my meeting this afternoon with ChaeJi. Don’t worry. I booked for a flight this evening. I can’t let you spend your birthday next week there alone.” Nichkhun assured her.

 

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows and twitched her lips in wonder then said, “Is it still necessary? The last time I talked to Faith, she told me that she’s going to visit me in our main office anytime.”

 

Nichkhun shrugged and said, “Well, I guess it will be a friendly visit and separate from work. You know how Miss Lee works. She splits up business from personal life.”

 

Calling all the passengers of GG-123 bound to Los Angeles, the plane has just landed. Please prepare on the departure area for boarding. Thank you.

 

“I guess I need to go. See you soon.” Tiffany said as soon as she heard the voice prompter. She smiled at him and gave him a brief hug.

 

“Take care. Just text me or any of your friends as soon as you arrive, okay?”

 

Tiffany nodded and took her trolley bag from him. She was about to leave when she recalled something, “Ne. But Khun-ah, is it okay to Victoria-ssi? I mean, she’s your fiancée and you’re going to the US to just to accompany your ex-fiancée. Isn’t it too awkward?”

 

Nichkhun chuckled and answered her question, “You know I felt the same way but you know what she just said? She told me that she respects and understands our current relationship. Well, it is normal for a friend to care for his friend, right? Then she also said that it is inevitable that we’re together as business partners and besides, our families are allies in business.”

 

‘Oh, right.’ Tiffany reminded herself. Even if Nichkhun and she didn’t get marry, their families still continued doing business together. It didn’t stop Tiffany’s dad to invest on Nichkhun’s family business. And because of this, Nichkhun and Tiffany always meet as colleagues and friends. Nichkhun’s also there and never left her side when she was grieving and waiting for Taeyeon to come back. So technically, he became her best friend.

 

“O-kay. See ya. Bye.” Tiffany smiled and walked away. She proceeded to the departure area and boarded her plane.

-

 

“Dean. Are you still at work?” Taeyeon said on the other line. She was feeling uneasy as she was speaking.

 

“Yes noona. Why?” The younger man told her in a calm tone.

 

“It’s about Hyeonhyuk. I left him for a while in the playground to buy some ice cream and when I came back, he was already gone. Ottoke Hyuk-ah?” Taeyeon bit her fingernails nervously. She doesn’t know what to do if something bad happens to the child. Hyeonhyuk’s just three years old and barely knows everything.

 

“Calm down noona. You know Hyeonnie’s good with directions. He’ll never get lost.” Dean positively told her to make her stop from worrying.

 

“He’s just three years old! He doesn’t even know how to read!” She yelled at him without realizing it.

 

Taeyeon heard him chuckle in the other line and said, “But he knows your workplace better than mine. Are you in the hospital right now?”

 

“No. But I’m on my way there. Maybe you’re right. Someone might have seen him and brought him there.” Taeyeon thought that thinking negatively won’t help her so she let in all the best case scenarios: someone helped Hyeonhyuk on the way and he’s alright.

 

“I’ll just finish what I’m doing here. See you, noona.” The phone call ended.

 

Taeyeon arrived at the hospital and parked her car to the doctors’ parking area. She entered the hospital and made her way to her workroom. When she passed by to the nurses’ station, she stopped for a moment and asked the person on shift to inform her in case someone called her about her son. Then, she proceeded to her destination.

-

 

“Miss Hwang. Welcome home.” Their company representative welcomed her arrival at the airport. He acquired Tiffany’s things and assisted her.

 

“Thank you, Daniel. Are the board members ready for tomorrow’s meeting?”

 

“Yes, Miss Hwang. They’ve been notified since last week and all of them complied to come. Would you like me to accompany you, Miss Hwang?” He notified her.

 

“Thanks Daniel, but I can manage myself. Just kindly send my luggage to our family home. And also, take a day off. I’ll be the one who’s going to pick up your other boss. I’m sure Nichkhun won’t bother.” Tiffany smiled enthusiastically. The guy deserved a break. It was obvious on his face that he’s worn out throughout the week.

 

“Thank you, Miss Hwang! I hope you and Mister Horvejkul enjoy your stay in LA.” The guy bowed happily and opened the door of the car for her.

 

Tiffany moved her way to the driver’s seat and buckled her seatbelt. She the engine and remembered to leave him another favor. “Daniel, before I forget. Kindly, book us some plane tickets for Seoul after my birthday. Thanks.”

 

“I already made it, Miss Hwang. Mr. Horvejkul already entrusted me that. Anything you would like to ask?”

 

“Ah. No. Everything’s okay now. Thank you again, Daniel. Bye!” Tiffany pressed the gas pedal and started to drive, leaving the representative and her luggage behind.

 

Tiffany the stereo and music came to life as she wandered around downtown Los Angeles. She hides from the view her car’s hood and enjoyed the warm yet soothing climate of the city. Tall buildings, designer stores, beaches, palm trees welcomed her sight.

 

It took Tiffany an hour to realize that she hasn’t eaten yet since her flight. Tiffany looked at the different establishments around her and saw a drive-thru pizza parlor. She ordered a box of pepperoni pizza and an iced coffee and continued driving again. Tiffany suddenly brought into her mind that there’s one place she wanted to visit.

 

Tiffany came to the right place. The sky was already turning from blue to pink as the sun neared the horizon. It was becoming windy and clouds began to flow around the color of the clouds became orang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter