Talk Talk

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s already 10 o’clock in the evening and Taeyeon’s still out in the Han River Park with Baekhyun. The two of them just finished eating some street foods nearby the park and decided to stay for a while before going back.

Taeyeon can’t get Tiffany off of her mind. Knowing how sensitive Tiffany is, Taeyeon is worried that her best friend might start ignoring her for keeping her ‘relationship’ with Baekhyun. She reprimanded herself from keeping another thing from her best friend aside from her feelings towards her.

Taeyeon just didn’t know that it didn’t just hurt Tiffany as a friend, but it also hurt her as someone who loves Taeyeon romantically.

Taeyeon was pulled out in her thoughts when Baekhyun shook her shoulder and said, “Taeyeon noona, you’re phone’s ringing.”

She looked at her phone and sees her sister’s name in the caller ID. Her eyebrows furrowed for a moment. Seulgi doesn’t usually call her during this hour unless their mom’s at home or there’s an emergency. She looked at Baekhyun and said "Jamkaman.”

The moment she got enough space from Baekhyun, Taeyeon answered the call. “What is it, Kang Seulgi?”

“Unnie.” Seulgi said weakly on the other line.

“What? Did your girlfriend break up with you and finally found out that you’re dorkier than I am?” Taeyeon snorted as she teases her sister.

Her smile faded when she heard her name. “Tiffany unnie…”

“What? What’s with Tiffany?” Taeyeon’s heart started to beat irregularly. She mentally chanted that there’s nothing wrong happened, that Tiffany’s okay.

“She was rushed here in the hospital approximately thirty-three minutes ago.”

“Is she okay? Is Irene with you? Let me talk to her.”

“Sonsaengnim. Tiffany unnie’s still in the emergency room. Her convulsion interval has shortened and her oxygen saturation level is down. Doctor Song is working on it right now.” Irene notified her like a usual nurse does.

“Okay. Just tell me if anything happens. I’m on my way to the hospital.”

She hurriedly went back to the bench where Baekhyun is sitting and bid to say goodbye. She was about to leave when Baekhyun stopped her, "It looks like emergency and you don’t have your car. Let me send you at least."

Taeyeon nodded. The both of them hurried to the area where Baekhyun’s car is parked and headed to the hospital immediately.

Their ride was very quick. Baekhyun avoided the main highway and made a shortcut at the side roads. As soon as they have arrived at the hospital’s entrance, Taeyeon stepped down the car. She was about to go inside when she remembered something.

“Thank you Baek. Happy birthday again." She gave him an apologetic smile and hurriedly went inside the hospital.

"Oh. Your shift's still tomorrow. Why are you here?" Yoona said to Taeyeon who entered the hospital agitatedly. She has no idea on what’s happening and why here friend is acting like that.

"Sonsaengnim." Irene said as soon as she sees Taeyeon.

Taeyeon just ignored Yoona’s question and asked Irene. "Where is she?"

"She's just transferred to the VIP room." Irene expressed her answer in a worried yet somehow relieved tone.

Yoona furrowed her eyebrows. She wonders who they are talking about. Then she asked, “Nugu?”

Irene glanced at her and answered her question. “Tiffany unnie.”

Yoona’s eyes are widened in surprise. She knows that Tiffany’s not the type of person who gets sick and admitted in the hospital. She’s also not the type of reckless person who gets into an accident.

Taeyeon thanked Irene and went her way to the VIP room where her best friend is in. Yoona just followed behind her. She didn’t ask Taeyeon on what happened with Tiffany thinking that it will just make her more anxious.

The moment they’ve reached Tiffany’s room, Taeyeon opened the door. Their sight was welcomed by Nichkhun. Taeyeon intensely stared at Nichkhun while Nichkhun’s unyielding, not letting his guard down with her glare.

Yoona thinks that it’s not good to be get involved with them right now so she said, “I think I’ll just visit her with the other girls this morning. I’ll just check the other patients, unnie.”

Taeyeon and Nichkhun still held each other’s gazes even right after Yoona left. When she realized that getting mad at him with no reason is irrational, Taeyeon softened her expression and asked, "What happened?"

He heaved a sigh and replied, "She drank too much."

Taeyeon’s brows creased upon hearing those words. "But Tiffany has a high tolerance for alcohol. How come..."

He just nodded and said, "I know. I've never seen her drink like that before."

"Why did you let this happen to her in the first place?" Taeyeon kept herself calm in spite of her irritation with Nichkhun.

"She just texted me to meet her at the hotel bar and as soon as I arrived, she's already drunk." Nichkhun stated in a matter of fact.

‘But I thought that you invited her for dinner.’ Taeyeon thought. Then it came to her that Tiffany must have lied to her.

Taeyeon was about to ask Nichkhun regarding her best friend when they both heard Tiffany calling Taeyeon’s name. "Tae..Taeyeon-ah.Kajima."

Taeyeon immediately went by her side and caressed her hair. Tiffany must be having a nightmare. "Ssssshhh. Gwaenchanha. I'm just right here, Miyoung-ah."

Nichkhun perceived that he is not needed there anymore so he said, "Take care of her noona. I'll be coming back tomorrow to check on her."

"You don't have to." She sternly replied. But Nichkhun didn’t listen to her and returned the next day.

 

"I told you to not come back here anymore." Taeyeon told Nichkhun exasperatedly the moment he came in from the door.

"I'm sorry noona but you don't have the right to tell me that." He told her as nicely as she could.

"Nichkhun? Taeyeon?" The both of them heard Tiffany call their names. They looked at her and see that Tiffany’s staring at them.

Taeyeon was about to approach her best friend when Nichkhun beat her to it. Taeyeon stand still from her place and just watched them.

"Miyoung-ah, gwaenchanha? You kept me worried last night. Why did you have to drink like that?" Nichkhun asked Tiffany in a worried tone.

"What am I doing here?" Tiffany said as she takes in that she’s in a hospital and an IV is connected to her.

"You passed out from drinkin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter