Eleven Eleven

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I would like to thank tengudness and suhoshii for the upvote. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's already 11:11 in the evening and Tiffany was about to go to sleep when she heard the doorbell rang. She thought at first that it was just her imagination but she heard the sound again.

Tiffany wondered on who might be visiting her at this very hour and disturbing her at her apartment. The last time she has checked, she didn't mention to anyone that she'll be staying her night again at her apartment, or to her and Taeyeon's apartment rather.

Since Tiffany went back from Los Angeles, she started reminiscing the past and eventually ended up finding her comfort back at their old apartment. She now lives in a cozy penthouse near her company but she's still drawn in this place, where all of her happy and sad moments are contained.

The doorbell buzzed for the third time and she finally decided to come out and get whoever's outside. "Wait, I'm coming!"

Tiffany didn't mind fixing herself and immediately went out from her room. She wanted that person to feel sorry for the inconvenience he or she brought her. She already let herself get immersed on acting irritated, and impatiently opened the door.

Her face automatically went back to her normal one when she sees the petite woman standing in front of her. Tiffany couldn't believe on what she's seeing. She thought that Taeyeon's never coming back to Seoul.

Before her heart will do anything stupid and betray her, Tiffany managed to greet her. "Hi.”

“Hi.” Taeyeon greeted back, her eyes not leaving Tiffany's.

Tiffany snapped out from her daze and casually said, “You’re back. What are you doing here?”

“Work and Seulgi related. I am still welcome here, right?” Taeyeon answered her question and at the same time expectingly asked her.

“Yes, of course. You live here so you’re welcome anytime.” Tiffany calmly said and moved to the side enough for Taeyeon and her luggage to fit in.

Taeyeon dragged her luggage inside with her and closed the door. She took off her shoes, changing into the spare in-house slippers placed at the foyer and glanced at Tiffany who is just about to go back in her room casually, as if nothing happened.

But before Tiffany could completely leave, she called her name. “Fany-ah.”

Tiffany stopped from her track but didn't look back. “Yes?”

“Thank you.” Taeyeon sincerely said. And right after that, she let Tiffany go back to her room and didn't disturb her for the rest of the night.

The moment Tiffany went back to her owm room, she instantly plopped on her bed and began pondering on what had just happened. She still can't believe that Taeyeon's back in Seoul and they're living in one roof.

Instead of having a good night's sleep, thoughts about Taeyeon's arrival and sudden appearance didn't give her any peace. She started wondering why Taeyeon has to come back here again, and if she came back in her own will or if their friends planned this.

Tiffany placed her hand to her chest and felt her heart beating fast. She mentally scolded herself to stop feeling like this, but her heart just won't listen to her.

She tried once again to sleep. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply. 'Alright, Stephi. Yeah, you still love her. But that doesn't change the fact that she left you and didn't fight for you. You grieved for years, and look at her. She seemed fine.'

Her eyes opened when she realized that she was just thinking again of Taeyeon. Tiffany rolled on her bed until she finally gets up and moves her way to her bathroom.

She washed her face and looked at her own reflection at the mirror. "Let's try being friends with her again, Miyoung-ah. Let's see how tough you are."

Tiffany turned off the tap and wiped her face with a towel. She then tied her hair using the ponytail hanging on her wrist and sighed. She gives herself one last look and said, " it up, you're Tiffany Hwang."

Since there's no way that she will be having a proper sleep, Tiffany decided to go outside and cook breakfast instead. She somehow felt relieved when she found the living room and the kitchen empty, at least she can cook without any uneasiness.

Tiffany checked the content of her fridge to decide on what to cook. She found ingredients enough to make kimchi fried rice. She also spotted ham slices on the freezer and took them out.

She'll be cooking a fusion of Western and Korean food and she suddenly felt excited about it. When Tiffany realized that she's feeling too happy about cooking again for Taeyeon, she momentarily halted from what she's doing and cursed herself.

Time flies so fast that when she took out her phone and checked the time, it's already 6 o'clock in the morning. Living with Taeyeon for almost a decade already taught her that the blonde is still asleep.

Her phone suddenly made a short sound indicating that she just received a text message. She swiped her phone's screen and read his message telling her that he’s outside.

She walked her way to the door and opened it. She smiled as soon as she sees him and said, "Good morning, Khun."

“Good morning to our Hwang Miyoung. What do you want for breakfast?” Nichkhun warmly greeted and stepped inside the apartment.

He learned that Tiffany got company the moment he spotted a pair of sneakers at the foyer, and the in-house slippers are missing. Being already familiar with the apartment, Nichkhun takes another in-house slippers from the shoe rack and changed.

He followed Tiffany at the dining area and watched her as she prepares some coffees and breakfast that he assumed that she had cooked. "I already made some. Just sit there. How did you know that I’m here again?”

“I know you stay here during your free time. Are you with someone?” Nichkhun inquisitively asked the moment Tiffany settled herself to the seat across him. Then as if on cue, he heard a door creaked open. He looked towards its direction and it revealed Taeyeon. “Oh, Taeyeon-noona. You’re here.”

He shifted his gaze back to his friend and gives her a teasing smile. Tiffany just raised her eyebrow at him and shakes her head in disbelief.

Tiffany disregarded her friend and takes a glance at Taeyeon who's contemplating whether to approach them or not. “I prepared some breakfast. Just join us if you want to.”

Taeyeon silently nodded and takes her seat beside Nichkhun. Tiffany started eating while Nichkhun started with his questions, “When did you come back, noona?”

“Just yesterday.” Taeyeon answered hesitantly.

“Are you staying here for good?”

“I don’t know. It depends on someone. I mean on my schedule. Our hospital needs medical assistance and my sister needs business assistance with their company so I came to help.” Taeyeon practically answered his question and steals a glance at Tiffany.

Nichkhun observed the two for a moment and noticed that Tiffany's not paying attention at all to his questions and Taeyeon's answers. So an idea came into his mind. "How about Dean-ssi and his kid?"

He suppressed his smile when he finally saw Tiffany reacted. He noticed on how tighter she holds her spoon and fork and yet she pretended to be calm.

Taeyeon must have noticed it too so she honestly answered, “They came with me here but they are staying in Yuri’s family home.”

Tiffany placed her utensils on side and wiped the sides of using the table  nnapkin. She takes a sip of her coffee then nonchalantly asked, “Then why didn’t you stay with them?”

“It’s because... I live here. Besides, I can’t stay with Seulgi and Irene.”

-

It’s been a couple of days since Taeyeon has moved back to their shared apartment. As much as she wanted to fix her relationship with Tiffany, even if it's just in a friendship context, Taeyeon can't.

If it weren't for Tiffany's dedication with her line of work, Taeyeon would think that Tiffany's avoiding her. Because if she's really avoiding her, then she's doing a very great job.

Taeyeon didn't want to think negatively of Tiffany's action. She is always reminding herself that she is in no place to question Tiffany. If only it is easy for her to tell Tiffany everything, then she would have already told her everything. But Taeyeon had risked too much already, and she doesn't want to risk Tiffany's relationship with her father.

Even though it is arduously exhausting playing Tiffany's cruel game, Taeyeon will play until she'll win.

Taeyeon's now at her family hospital after conducting a seminar with regards to cardiomyopathy surgeries, and at the same time introducing innovative technologies that could benefit their hospital and their patients at the same time.

She also insisted to attend some patients in the hospital even though the department heads already told her that it's fine. Taeyeon even assisted some residents with their assignments and gave them some tips whenever she's at the hospital.

"So, how's living with Tiffany? Any progress yet?" Yuri said as she placed the drink in front of Taeyeon.

Yuri and Yoona just had their break from their respective shifts and they asked Taeyeon to join them and grab some coffee at the nearby café since Taeyeon's been too unusually diligent with work that she's not even paid for.

Taeyeon smiled in acknowledgement and takes a sip of iced macchiato that her friend ordered for her. Then she briefly answered,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter