Heartbreak Hotel

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I would like to thank Th3Nugg3t for the upvote. Thank you also to the new subscribers. ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s already been a year since Nichkhun and Tiffany became a couple. For the months that she is with him, Tiffany realized that she really do have feelings for him.She proved it when she got jealous every time girls are trying to flirt with him.

 

She’s happy with Nichkhun. But there are moments that she thinks about Taeyeon. They still live in the same house but they rarely see each other and get along like they used to.

 

They’re so close and yet so far.

 

Sometimes she is thinking if it has to do with her and her relationship with Nichkhun. But she keeps on pushing those thoughts away and tells herself that Taeyeon is just busy in the hospital.

 

Tiffany was pulled away from herthoughts when Sooyoung called her name. “Tiffany-ssi, so what do you think about Mr. Kang’s presentation?”

 

She looked at the advertising team’s leader who just looks tensed as he waits for her comment. Everyone inside the room is also waiting for her to speak.

 

‘What did he say again? Ugh. Never mind.’

 

Tiffany smiled at the guy and just said, “Okay. I’ll tell the finance team to support your team. Just make sure that your strategy work this time.”

 

She stood up from my chair and said, “Dismissed.”

 

People started to stand up and leave the board room except for Sooyoung who waited for her to leave. She walked with her in the hallway with those inquisitive eyes which made her feel uneasy and uttered, “What?”

 

“I’m just curious on how do you do that.” She said with interest.

 

Tiffany stopped for a short moment and asked her, “Huh? What do you mean?”

 

“I swear I noticed that you’re spacing out the entire meeting, but it seemed that you did listen.”  She shook herhead in amusement and smiled.

 

She didn’t expect that Sooyoung was paying attention to her at the meeting.She mentally noted herself that she should be careful the next time. “So, who were you thinking? Taeyeon? Animyeon, Nichkhun?”

 

Tiffany raised her eyebrow for a moment after hearing her name. Then she answered her, “Both.”

 

“You’re having a dinner with Nichkhun tonight, right?” she nodded at her friend’s question.

 

Then Sooyoung looked at the time on her watch, “You still have about a couple of hours for that. Why don’t you visit Taeyeon unnie at the hospital?”

 

Tiffany just sighed and said, “She must be on shift right now.”

 

“Aniyo. Her break has just started.” She said confidently.

 

She raised her eyebrow once again at her friend’s confidence. “And how do you know this?”

 

And as if in surprise, she said, “Omo. You don’t know your best friend’s schedule? Go now. Spend some time with her.”

 

 

Sooyoung and Tiffany finally reached the company’s parking lot after their little chitchat. She tapped her friend’s back and said before going inside her car, “Have some time with your best friend, you know. Yul told me that Taeyeon unnie’s always worn out from work. Bye.”

 

She smiled at her friend’s piece of advice. Tiffany entered her car and heard Sooyoung honk her car as a sign of her leave.

 

Tiffany pressed the start engine of her car and changed the gear pad. She gripped the steering wheel and started to drive.

 

 

-

"Stop yourself Kang Seulgi. She's just being nice to you. Remember that she's dating Park Bogum." Seulgi told herself as she is sitting in the bench waiting for Irene.

 

Irene invited her last night to go out on an amusement park. Thinking that it would be a group hang, she immediately said yes. Seulgi almost flinched after Irene revealed to her that only the two of them will be going to the amusement park. And worse, that amusement park is in Daegu which is 237 kilometers away from Seoul. She can’t take back the offer knowing that Daegu is Irene’s hometown.

 

Seulgi didn’t refuse the offer. Actually, it is an opportunity for her, to know more about Irene. No, not Irene, but Bae Joohyun. She just didn’t imagine that the other girl would ask her over even though they’ve just been friends.

 

Seulgi snapped out of her thoughts when Irene came back with two ice creams on her hand and asked, "Are you okay?"

 

"Y-yes.Of course."

 

"Here's your ice cream. I assumed that you also like red velvet just like those kids so I bought it for us." She handed the other ice cream in her hand to Seulgi and started eating.

 

Seulgi smiled as she paid attention on how Irene eats her ice cream, just like a kid. "You're really close with the three of them."

 

"Mmm. Wendy and I knew each other since childhood. Yeri and Joy, I met them when I once played in a musical. They were in middle school back then." Irene said as she enjoys the sweetness of the ice cream.

 

She felt that Seulgi was watching her so she said, “It’ll melt if you won’t start eating.”

 

But Seulgi just ignored her and said as if in awe, "You did play in a musical?"

 

"Mmm.With Yeri and Joy." She swallowed the spoonful of ice cream and glanced at her,"What's that face for?"

 

Seulgi immediately avoided her gaze and started eating her ice cream. She smiled as she say, "I just can't believe that you actually can sing and act."

 

"Your sister did star before in a musical right?"

 

Seulgi her lips and paused from eating then said, "Oh, right. Were you there?"

 

"Mmm, with Tiffany unnie. Taeyeon sunbaenim inspired me to perform even we're in a medical field." Irene said as she remembered how her senior inspired her to do something new to enjoy.

 

"But you just said once. Why did you stop?" Seulgi asked her when she noticed Irene’s word. There was a hint of disappointment in her voice.

 

Irene chucked the empty cup of ice cream on the trash bin beside her and heaved a sigh. She looked at the skies and said, "My parents don't like it. They say I should just focus on my career."

 

After finishing her last spoonful of her ice cream, Seulgi sympathized and said, “You’re going to be okay. You’re smart, and I think that a Bae Joohyun can do anything if she wishes.”

 

Irene was a bit surprised when Seulgi spoke her real name.  But she didn’t show it as she was still looking at the clouds in the sky. “About our first meeting, I’m sorry for being rude.”

 

Seulgi smiled sweetly and said, “I understand. Wendy already told that you’re like that.”

 

“I’m glad that I’ve been friends with you, Kang Seulgi.” Irene said and finally shifted her gaze, at her. Seulgi raised her head seeing Irene’s angelic face. She is looking at her, smiling at her.

 

 

-

Taeyeon stretched her body as soon as she finished her first shift for the day. The hospital staff bowed as she passed through them and she did the same.

 

She walked her way to the hospital’s roof garden to get some fresh air. It’s what she needed right now, more than anything else.

 

As she arrived at the rooftop garden, she welcomed the cold breeze of the wind on her face and breathed the air. Winter’s coming. She smiled and takes a seat on her favorite bench. She leaned on the bench’s support and looked up to enjoy the view of the clear sky above her.

 

A few moments later, the door to the rooftop garden made a sound. Taeyeon raised an eyebrow as she heard clicking of high heels on the ground. She knows it’s not Yuri. She doesn’t wear high heels in the hospital.

 

‘Who dared to come to my private getaway at this very moment?’ she closed her eyes and pretended to sleep just in case this person will stop bothering her from her rest.

 

The sound came closer and closer until it stopped. Taeyeon feel the person sat beside her and placed a cold thing onto her cheek. She just ignored the action and sit still.

 

She heard the person beside her heaved a sigh. That sigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter