The Baddest Female

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I would like to thank missno22 and sman23 for the upvote. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry about earlier. I totally forgot about the plan and invited Hyuk." Yuri began to apologize the moment she realized the main purpose why they had this hangout. She was too excited on having a swimming competition with Dean that she got lost in her thoughts.

Seeing the guilt on her friend’s face, Sunny placed her hand on Yuri’s shoulder and rubbed it. She smiled at her in assurance and said, "It's okay, Yul. I think Tiffany doesn't really mind seeing his or Hyeonhyuk's presence."

Yuri sighed and frowningly said, "But I almost ruined the plan."

"Well it worked, didn't it? Taeyeon and Tiffany spent sunset together." Sunny stated as she and Yuri take a glance towards Taeyeon who’s staring at Tiffany from a distance.

Irene followed the direction where her cousin’s friends are looking and said, "I'm suddenly curious on what happened. It seemed like nothing's changed."

"Should we ask Taeyeon unnie?" Seulgi asked since she noticed that all of them are eager to know what happened with the two.

"It's better if you'll be the only person who approach Taeyeon unnie right now, Seul." Yoona suggested and gives Seulgi a comforting pat.

"Okay." Seulgi nodded and started walking her way to her sister and comfort her.

"Where are you going Irene?" Sunny asked.

Irene halted from her movements and tilts her head a bit to the side. She gives both Yuri and Sunny an inquisitive look and said, "Accompanying my girlfriend?"

Sunny shakes her head and looked at Tiffany’s direction where she assumes that Hyoyeon is making unintentional jokes and Seohyun correcting her mistakes. She smiled and said, "No. You are Tiffany's cousin. You should at least be with her. You know Seohyun and Hyoyeon are bad combination when it comes to Tiffany."

"What do we do now, Sunny unnie?" Yoona asked the moment there were only the three of them left doing nothing.

Sunny sagged her shoulders and faced the couple in front of her. She sighs and said, "We put up the tents. The two Sooyoungs are getting some logs for the campfire. Seungwan and Yerim are probably preparing the hot chocolates and marshmallows."

Yuri chuckles and shakes her head. Then she started teasing her friend. "Wow. You're calling Joy, Wendy and Yeri in their real names while you're whining everytime you are called Soonkyu."

-

"Can I help with anything? It seems like everyone's doing something." Tiffany finally asked Seohyun and Hyoyeon after having their little chitchat about random stuff.

Even though the intention of the two are pure, the fact that they were sent by the others to distract her still remains. It seemed that her other friends doesn't want to deal with her right now, even Sooyoung.

She saw how Seohyun and Hyoyeon exchanged glances but decided to just ignore it. Then she felt Seohyun caressing her shoulder and hear her say, "No. It's okay, unnie. We can just stay here for awhile. The others and the unnies are setting up the campfire and the tents so it's okay."

Tiffany smiled at Seohyun's simple but sweet gesture. She suddenly wonders if Seohyun had ever been realized or at least aware that she has more natural aegyo than Yoona and Sunny.

She was pulled out from her thought when she heard Hyoyeon saying, "I think I'm hearing Sunny calling us for help. See you later, Fany."

She looked at Hyoyeon standing up from the log and shifted her gaze towards the direction where Hyoyeon was just staring, and sees that Irene is approaching them.

Seohyun must have noticed the sudden change of her mood when she placed her hand on Tiffany's hand and gave it a light squeeze. The younger woman gives her a smile and said, "We'll be back, unnie."

Tiffany has no choice but to let her friends roam around and do something other than keeping her company. She watched as her two friends leave and began to acknowledge Irene's arrival.

Irene takes her seat to the one that was occupied by Seohyun just awhile ago and looked down. Tiffany could see that her cousin can't already keep up with her acting and puts up her guilty face.

"I know that you're disappointed with me, unnie. I'm sorry." Irene apologetically said, her eyes still on the sand.

"It's fine. It has already happened."

Relief washed all over Irene's face as Tiffany finally speaks to her in a usual, much less intimidating way. She takes a glance to her and sees Tiffany smiling at her. It just meant that Tiffany has already forgiven her. She feels happy about it so she randomly offered, "Do you want me to get you a drink? I'll get you some."

Tiffany simply shakes her head and uttered, "No. We're having a campfire tonight and I want to be sober."

"You're joining?" Irene asked in surprise. She already assumed that her cousin will make an excuse or at least intimidate her friends. Irene knows that the campfire later might involve things that may trigger Tiffany's hatred back, and she didn't want that.

For a moment, Irene regrets that she had to host this event. But it is already done. She'll just have to leave everything to fate.

"Well my friends aren't like your friends, Rene-ah. They can do and will do everything just to make me join." Tiffany said casually.

Now that puzzled Irene. Her Tiffany unnie already knows how adamant her friends are. She even confirmed herself that they can do and will do everything and still, they can't sway her to make it up to Taeyeon. "And yet they can't do anything to make you forgive and accept Taeyeon unnie again. Why?"

Tiffany breathed deeply and answered, "I was hurt too much before, and I can't bear to feel that kind of pain and grief anymore."

"But do you still love Taeyeon unnie?"

Tiffany snorted to her question and shows up a bitter smile. She kept her eyes on the skies filled with twinkling stars and softly said, "My feelings for her isn't important to me anymore. I just want to move on and get my life back."

Irene wanted to at least tell something to comfort her Tiffany unnie but she didn't know where to start. She's just thankful enough that her girlfriend's timing is just perfect before she could blurt out nonsense.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but, Sunny unnie and the others are now gathering at the campfire area." Seulgi informed the both of them.

Irene stands up from the log and gives Tiffany a comforting smile. "Let's go?"

Tiffany nodded at her cousin's offer and stands up. She didn't wait for the couple to move and went on her way first to where the other girls are.

The moment Tiffany stood up and started walking, Seulgi was about to follow but was stopped by her girlfriend's hand on her wrist. She glanced at Irene who just shakes her head, gesturing her to let Tiffany walk alone.

Seulgi nodded in understanding and started to interlace their fingers. She gives Irene a loving look which the other returned with a smile.

When Tiffany's already gone to join the others, Seulgi and Irene started walking their way to where the others are gathered. While walking, Irene decided to share what she just concluded during her small talk with Tiffany.

"You know, my Tiffany unnie still loves your Taeyeon unnie."

Seulgi halted them from their steps and widened her eyes in surprise. "Really? She said that?"

Irene chuckled at the adorable view in front of her and shakes her head. She sees Seulgi giving her a puzzling look then she said, "I asked her if she still loves Taeyeon unnie and she only answered that her feelings for Taeyeon unnie isn't important to her anymore."

"She's still obviously hurt about what happened. If I were in her shoes and you're Taeyeon unnie I'll probably do the same. I'll hate you even more if I know the reason why you left."

Now it was Irene who look puzzled right now with Seulgi's statement. "And what again exactly is the reason why your sister had to hurt my Tiffany unnie like that?"

"Haven't I told you about it yet?"

Irene knows Seulgi very well that she's already aware when Seulgi wants to avoid the topic. She raised her brows and waited for her girlfriend to spill out but Seulgi's just giving her a contemplating look. Irene sighed and nodded, "Fine. I won't overreact or get mad. I won't even tell Tiffany unnie about it. I just need to understand."

"You promise?" Seulgi asked and extended her pinky finger to her girlfriend.

Irene tried to suppress her smile with her girlfriend's childish antic but she can't help to resist her cuteness. Then she chuckled and said, "That's too childish you know."

"Ya. Are you calling me childish?" Seulgi whined at her.

Before her girlfriend's childishness continues, Irene took out her pinky finger and clasped it with Seulgi's. "I promise."

Seulgi went calm after that and heaved a sigh. Then she began to spill out the reason why her Taeyeon unnie had to hurt that bad her girlfriend's Tiffany unnie. "Your Uncle Hwang knew of their relationship and didn't approve of it. He told my Taeyeon unnie words enough to leave your Tiffany unnie. But my unnie came back, you know."

"If your Taeyeon unnie did come back then she should be with Tiffany unnie right now. And things couldn't have get worse."

Seulgi shakes her head and continued, "It wasn't that easy. I know how you and Tiffany unnie are family oriented. Taeyeon unnie knew how important to Tiffany unnie her family. She already lost her mom, and knowing that Tiffany unnie would have given up everything for my sister, Taeyeon unnie can't deal with that."

Irene nodded as she's finally understanding where this is getting at. If she's in Taeyeon's situation, she'll absolutely do the same thing especially if she's possibly be able to destroy a father and a daughter's relationship.

But at the same time, Irene thought that there's still something to it. Taeyeon could have not given up her cousin just like that. Taeyeon could have at least persuade her uncle and fought for Tiffany.

"She tried, you know. After she heard Tiffany unnie trying to commit suicide, she came back. She even visited at the hospital but unfortunately, your uncle was there. And he began to threaten my sister."

Seeing her girlfriend's contorted face, Irene began to wrap her arms around Seulgi. She assumed that her uncle had said cruel words towards her and their family and she somehow felt useless. "I'm sorry if I wasn't there with you that time. I should've at least done something."

"It's okay, Joohyun-ah. It's actually a good thing you weren't there. I don't want us to get involved with your uncle's greediness." Seulgi assured her and pulled out from their hug. Then she gives her a brief kiss.

"What's that for?"

Seulgi shrugged her shoulders and wryly smiled. "For being the best girlfriend ever. Let's go. We've spent too much time here. The unnies are probably waiting for us."

The both of them walked hand in hand until they reached their group forming a narrow circle around the campfire. They saw two empty seats between Joy and Yeri and immediately took the space.

"Finally the both of you're here. I just asked you to call Tiffany and you two get your time together huh?" Sunny told them teasingly which earned a laugh from everyone.

"Since we're all out here, should we play a game?" Yoona asked to dismiss the teasing to the younger couple.

"Nonsense game!" Wendy, Joy and Yeri cheered.

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows and raised her question. "What kind of game is that?"

"One person asks another person three questions and the answers must not make sense. You fail if two of your answers makes sense. And three seconds is the maximum time given to answer." Sooyoung carefully explained the mechanics to everyone who is not familiar to the game.

The game sounds interesting to Tiffany so she joined the conversation. "That's fun. What's the penalty?"

"Sleeping outside the tent." Yuri smirked, particularly to Sooyoung who is always losing whenever they are playing this kind of game.

Sooyoung just rolled her eyes and sling her arm around Tiffany. "It's fine. I could just spend my night on Tiffany's rest house if I fail. Right, Fany?"

"Whatever,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter