Breakeven

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been days since Tiffany had found out about her enforced wedding with Nichkhun. It’s been also days since her conscience started bugging her to tell Taeyeon about it but Tiffany has no enough courage to tell her girlfriend. She’s afraid that Taeyeon might leave her if she knows about it.

Tiffany knows that she’s being selfish. She wanted to keep Taeyeon with her and be with her for a lifetime, but at the same time she can’t afford to disobey her dad. She loves both of them and she doesn’t know if she’ll follow her heart or mind again this time. All she knows is that she can’t imagine life without Taeyeon.

The two of them are currently resting inside Taeyeon’s bedroom where Taeyeon’s arms are wrapped around Tiffany while Tiffany’s leaning her head on Taeyeon’s chest. The warmth that they’re giving each other makes them feel secured which made Tiffany smile.

‘I just hope that we could stay like this forever, Tae.’ Tiffany told to herself.

The two of them were too silent which made Taeyeon to finally speak, “It seems like you’re a bit preoccupied these days. Is there something bothering you, Miyoung-ah?”

“Nothing. I guess I’m just tired from work.” Tiffany sighed. Then she snuggled closer towards Taeyeon, burying her face onto her girlfriend’s neck.

“Let’s go to sleep then.” Taeyeon muttered as she her girlfriend’s smooth hair.

Tiffany pulled her head enough to see Taeyeon’s lovely face and said, “I love you, Tae.”

Taeyeon smiled upon hearing her girlfriend calling her that name. She caressed Tiffany’s cheeks and planted a soft kiss on her lips, “I love you too, Tipani.”

Tiffany just didn’t know but the thing that’s been bothering her for days have also been bothering Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon did her usual routine as a doctor the next day. She paid some visit to her patients in the ward, prescribed some medicine to them, and performed some surgeries. After a few hours of fulfilling some of her duties, Taeyeon decided to take her break.

She was her way on her favorite hangout when she heard Yuri’s voice calling her. She stopped from her tracks and sees her friend, “Oh. You’re going out?”

“Yoona and I are having late lunch with Sunny, Hyoyeon, Seohyun and Sooyoung. Want to come with us?” Yuri asked.

Taeyeon’s not really hungry right now. She just wanted to take a rest and clear her mind right now in the hospital’s roof garden, but she can’t refuse her friends’ offer and besides, the others will also be there so she nodded and said, “Yeah. Sure.”

“Ah, right. Do you want to invite Tiffany or should I tell Sooyoung to bring your girlfriend with her?”

Taeyeon shook her head. She doesn’t want to see her girlfriend at this moment. There are too many thoughts running in her mind right now and she doesn’t want Tiffany to complicate her mind further. So she resorted in lying, “Fany’s probably in a meeting. I’ll just inform her where will be eating.”

‘Is she and Tiffany in a fight? No. Maybe Taeyeon’s just tired and I’m just overthinking again.’ Yuri shook the thought off her head and smiled at her. “Let’s get Yoona at the nurse station so we can go at the restaurant.”

Taeyeon just smiled and nodded.

After a ten minute ride to the hospital, Yuri, Yoona and Taeyeon arrived in a traditional Korean restaurant where their other friends are waiting for them. They greeted each other as soon as they meet and then they ordered their meals. The seven of them talked about their future investments, their future trips together whenever they got free time from work, and other things that on trend today just to make up for those times that they were not together.

Taeyeon suddenly thought of her girlfriend. It would be perfect if she’s right here with them. She heaved a sigh and checked her phone. No texts from Tiffany. ‘Maybe she already found out that her wedding is in three days and she’s probably busy with it.’

The rest of them started eating when their orders were finally served while Taeyeon on the other hand just played with her stainless metal chopsticks.

Sooyoung gasped in satisfaction as soon as she finishes gulping her last bowl of galbitang. Seeing that her shikshin friend is on the mood to eat, Taeyeon offered her naengmyeon and casually takes a sip on her lemonade.

“You’re giving it to me?” Sooyoung asked. Her eyes sparkled when Taeyeon nodded as a response.

The others shook their heads as they see their friend shamelessly accepted the untouched food of Taeyeon.

“Are you okay, Taeyeon unnie?” Seohyun can’t help but to ask. She’s actually been observing Taeyeon for a while and she doesn’t look that well.

“Yes. I’m fine, Seohyun-ah.” Taeyeon assured them.

“It’s about Tiffany, isn’t it?” Yuri uttered in concern.

Taeyeon didn’t answer her friend’s question and just played with her straw.

After quickly finishing her naengmyeon, Sooyoung wiped the sides of and drank her cola. She burped afterwards and grinned in satisfaction as she placed her hand on her now full stomach. When she looked at her friends, she noticed that everybody is staring at Taeyeon. Then she recalled something a while ago in the office and blurted, “So when’s the big day? I heard from the gossipmongers in the office that you and Tiff’s going to get married.”

“YOU ALREADY PROPOSED TO TIFFANY?! OMO. CONGRATS KIM TAEYEON!” The other girls said in unison.

Taeyeon laughed sarcastically and shook her head. “It’s not me. Tiffany’s marrying Nichkhun in a few days.”

“WHAT?! ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT? WHAT ABOUT----?” Sooyoung started to overreact.

“You’re just kidding unnie, right?” Yoona calmly said. All of them waited for Taeyeon to say that she was just kidding but she didn’t take back what she had said.

“I guess I need to let her go.” Taeyeon said weakly as she played with her straw. She didn’t want to look at them. She doesn’t want to break down in front of them.

Sooyoung, Yoona, Yuri, Hyoyeon and Seohyun frowned and went silent as they looked at their friend with sympathy. Taeyeon has never been so down in her life and it hurts them seeing her like that. But there’s this one friend who can’t just idly sit there and do nothing for her friends. Sunny stood up and faced Taeyeon.

“WHAT THE ARE YOU SAYING KIM TAEYEON?! YOU’RE JUST LETTING THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE MARRY SOMEONE ELSE?! WHERE’S THAT ? I KNOW SHE’S OUR FRIEND BUT THIS IS JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE. I’M GOING TO KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO HER!” Sunny yelled, fuming in anger. Seohyun was already holding her wrist to restrain her from doing dreadful things.

Hyoyeon looked at their surroundings and sighed in relief. Good thing that they were the only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter