What Do I Do

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After driving Tiffany back to their home, Taeyeon immediately went back to the hospital for her next duty. Tiffany even asked her to stay for a while and rest but she politely declined and still left.

Taeyeon doesn’t want to be difficult on her best friend. She actually wanted to stay with her tonight, but her mind told her to act rationally and be professional. Taeyeon reminded herself that she also has to do her responsibilities as a doctor and her patients need her.

As soon as Taeyeon has changed into her hospital work clothes, she immediately made her way to her room to take a rest. She told herself that she still has an hour and she’ll just visit her patients after that.

“Look who is back in the hospital! It’s Kim Taeyeon sonsaengnim, the interns’ role model.” Yuri teasingly greeted her friend the moment Taeyeon entered her own quarter.

“Keep down your voice. We’re in a hospital Kwon Yuri sonsaengnim.” Taeyeon emphasized her last word to remind her friend that she’s a doctor and shut the door behind her immediately.

“And why are you calling me those kids’ role model?” Taeyeon jerked her head to the side in perplexity.

“Taeyong shared so many things to his co-interns about you. They say that they wanted to be like you.” Yuri explained as she slumped herself to the seat across Taeyeon’s desk.

“If they just know that their sonsaengnim’s .awe inspiring image is just a lie.” Yuri chuckled enough to friend, remembering those days when Taeyeon always attempted to sneak out of the hospital but ended up staying because of her fear of Tiffany.

“Shut up.” Taeyeon retorted.

“Just kidding. So, how’s your date with your best friend?”

‘Ah. So that’s why you’re here.’ Taeyeon thought.

Taeyeon didn’t reply and just let her body collapse on her couch placed beside the door and sighed, thinking that their couch at home is more comfortable especially when her head’s resting on Tiffany’s lap.

Taeyeon pushed away the thought and closed her eyes.

“It seemed that it didn’t go well. What happened?”Yuri queried noticing Taeyeon’s lifeless expression.

“Well everything’s fine but Nichkhun.”

“Wae? What’s with Tiffany’s ex-boyfriend?”Yuri further asked her friend.

“He’s back in Korea and they met today.”Taeyeon sounded bitterly as she opened her eyes.

“Do you want to talk about it?”Yuri said worriedly to her friend knowing that it will bother Taeyeon so much if she will just keep it by herself.

Taeyeon thinks that she can’t keep this Nichkhun and Tiffany reunion conversation anymore so she pushed herself to sit down and fix the collar of her coat. “Nah. Let’s just focus on our patients right now.”

“So, how’s Byun Baekhyun?” Taeyeon randomly asked.

“Byun Baek… who?” Yuri furrowed her eyebrows as he heard that name.

Then as soon as she realized who it is, she said, “Ah! That patient you referred me earlier? He’s alive. But his neck’s still fractured and his legs are still paralyzed. I think it will take a month or two for him to recover.”

“Do you think he’s awake now?” Taeyeon asked in concern.

“And why is that?”

Taeyeon just shrugged and said, “I just want to see how well did you do in the surgery.”

Yuri shook her head. She knows that besides that lame excuse that Taeyeon has just said, she feels responsible for the patient and she wanted to divert all of her attention to work to release her stress.

-

Tiffany felt like everything has changed again between her and Taeyeon since she told her about her unexpected meeting with Nichkhun. She wanted to talk her about it but she’s afraid that they’re not in the same page.

‘Wait? Why am I thinking too much about it again? She might just be really busy at work and I’m the only one who is making a big deal out of it.’ Tiffany shook her head and massages her temple.

“Hey.” A voice interrupted her which made Tiffany put down her hand and opened her eyes.

She turned her swiveling chair around and sees Nichkhun in front of her. “Hey. I didn’t know that you’re coming.”

“Yeah. I’m sorry. Mr. Hwang just asked me see the OIC of the company but it seems that he’s taken his lunch break. Did I disturb you?” Nichkhun coyly asked.

After trying to meet the Hwang Corporation’s OIC and failing to meet him, Nichkhun settled to just leave and come back tomorrow. He was on his way out of the building when he remembered that his former girlfriend’s family owns the company, so he decided to pay a visit.

Nichkhun asked some employees about her as soon as he walked inside the Finance Division and fortunately, they told him that she’s still there. And here he is now, standing in front of his first love who is now probably thinking of her best friend.

“Nah. Have a seat. Do you want some drinks?” Tiffany offered with a smile.

“Thanks, but I’m okay.” Nichkhun ed his coat and sat down comfortably on the couch in front of Tiffany’s office table.

“Ah. Why do you need to see the company’s OIC by the way?” Tiffany said as she crossed her legs with comfort.

“Mr. Hwang just told me to leave my company’s paper to the OIC and hang out with him. Why, do you know the OIC?” He asked foolishly.

‘Of course she knows who the OIC is, you bastard. You should’ve not asked that.’ Nichkhun scolded himself.

Tiffany made a short laugh and said, “You’re talking to her now.”

Tiffany thinks that the expression on his face was surreal. It made her smile that Nichkhun’s still the same guy who is still innocent in so many things.

Then he heard him speak, “What? No way! I thought your position in this company is CFO? There must be a segregation of duties, right?”

Tiffany nodded in understanding and replied, “I know. But you’re forgetting that it’s Hwang Corporation, and my dad’s so fussy that he only appointed a few to manage his company’s subsidiaries.”

“By the way, have you eaten yet? Do you want to grab some lunch?”

“I would like to. But I’m eating lunch today with Sooyoung, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Seohyun.” Tiffany frowned. But what made her sadder is that she remembered that she’s supposed to have lunch with Taeyeon today but her best friend told her that she’ll pass today because of her patients. Good thing that their friends asked her to go out.

Not wanting to disappoint the gentleman in front of her, Tiffany asked, “But you could join us if you want to… if it’s okay with you.”

“Oh. Yeah. Sure! It would be my pleasure. I would also like to see and greet some of your friends.”

“Kaja?” Tiffany offered and Nichkhun cheerly nodded.

-

“You need a month so you can fully recover from your injury, Baekhyun-ssi.” Taeyeon informed her patient after checking his injuries.

Taeyeon admired Yuri’s great skills in the surgery as she has already seen the result of it. It is unusual for patients who suffered from a major surgery, especially a brain-related one to be talking but here he is right now, chatting at her nonstop. She thinks that in spite of her friend’s craziness, Yuri is undoubtedly a remarkable doctor and deserves the professor title sooner too.

“It’s okay as long as I always see you.”Baekhyun grinned shyly.

Baekhyun still remembers how he woke up right after his surgery this morning and saw a beautiful woman’s face above him and asking him if he’s okay. He’s instantly mesmerized at the woman’s beauty as he has even mistaken her for an angel.

Baekhyun’s heart started to flutter towards her. He realized it just when she visited her again in his room and checked his condition. He knows that it’s too sudden, but he thinks that it’s love at first sight.

“W-will you really not try and go out with me, sonsaengnim?”Baekhyun asked the doctor warily. It’s his third time for him to ask her that but she seemed to be always occupied with her thoughts.

‘Or she just really sees you as one of her annoying patients, Baek. Just stop it.’ Baekhyun told himself.

Taeyeon didn’t hear what the last thing Baekhyun just asked her when her phone started to vibrate nonstop. She decided to take out her phone and opened the incoming messages. It’s Sunny.

SUNNY

Ya
11:11am
Kim Taeyeon
11:11am
Jigeum eodiya?
11:11am
Anybody there?
11:11am
Care to reply?
11:12am
                                                                                                                                       Hospital.Wae?
                                                                                                                                       11:12am
                                                                                                                                       Did something bad happen to Fany?
                                                                                                                                       11:12am

Why are you still there?
11:13am
You’re supposed to have lunch with Fany, right?
11:13am
                                                                                                                                      Just what is it, Lee Soonkyu?
                                                                                                                                      11:13am

Her ex is having lunch with us right now
11:14am
                                                                                                                                        Nichkhun? You’re now friends with him?
                                                                                                                                      11:18am
Pabo. What I mean, he’s with us. 
11:18am
He’s now sitting beside Fany.
11:18am

Taeyeon told herself that she would deal with it later when she gets home. She reminded herself that she’s still at work and this adorable creature’s still talking with her, so Taeyeon slid back her phone to her pocket and turned around to face Baekhyun.

“What were you saying again?” she smiled nicely as she asked him.

Baekhyun mustered his courage and uttered not anymore a question but a statement, “Go out with me.”

Taeyeon nodded with a neutral expression and said, “Okay. Let’s do that after you get discharged.”

Baekhyun can’t believe that the beautiful and amazing woman standing in front of him just accepted his offer. He grinned like a cat and said, “Really?”

Taeyeon just nodded at him cutely then he added, “Kamsahamnida, sonsaengnim.”

-

After finishing her duties in the office today, Tiffany abruptly went home to see if Taeyeon has already gone home. As far as she can remember, her best friend’s next duty will be tomorrow evening so she must be in their shared apartment tonight.

A wide smile plastered on Tiffany’s face. She’s going to see Taeyeon tonight and she’s certain of it as she sees Taeyeon’s usual shoes displayed on the shoe rack just beside their door the moment she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter