CHAPTER 9: MOVING OUT

In Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, So Min prepares the breakfast together with Ha Eun and Nanny Song.

“Oh, So Min. Let it be. You’ll be late for your class.”

“It’s okay, Unnie. I got no class for this morning. I’ll go to the class a bit late.”

“It’s that so? Okay.”

Mrs Kim comes down with Ji Eun and Ji Hoo with her. The siblings already in chaos in the morning as they still not used to woke up earlier in the morning. Hyun Joong comes after that.

“Come, kids. Let’s eat. Mr Park will send you to school after this. Oh, So Min? Did you have no class today?”

“I do, but in the noon.”

Mrs Kim tend to feed Ji Hoo when So Min offer herself in doing that. She feed the baby as he gladly eats his breakfast. Hyun Joong will look briefly at them and ignores it after that. So Min in the other hand didn’t bother to look or talk to him yet.

When So Min finish feeding Ji Hoo, she helps Mrs Kim brings the kids to the car. The kids seem energetic in the morning and the fact they will go to school really makes them happy. As Mrs Kim starts to walk into the mansion, So Min call for her.

“Err.. Mrs Kim?”

“De?”

“Can I talk to you for a moment? Alone..”

She said as her notice Hyun Joong is looking at them. She avoids his eyes and looks pleadingly at Mrs Kim.

“What is it about?”

“I’ll tell you but not here..” She is eyeing Hyun Joong not far from them. He’s ready to go to his car when he heard them. He stood at the door. Froze. Mrs Kim notices him there and calls for him.

“Hyun Joong? Are you alright? Why are you stands there?”

“De?”

“You’ll be late. Go now. Come, So Min. We’ll talk at my reading room.”

“De, Maam.”

Mrs Kim walks first and follows with So Min behind her. She lowers her head as she walks past Hyun Joong. He’s been looking at her like he’s going to say something but he never said it.

Mrs Kim looks suspicious at her son. She went to her son back and hit his lightly.

“What’s wrong with you? Why did you looking at So Min like that?”

“De?”

“Look. You even daydream. Did you have something to tell me or So Min?”

“No! It’s nothing. I’m off now. See you, Mummy.”

“De. Drive carefully.”

Hyun Joong quickly left the mansion as Mrs Kim and So Min proceed to the reading room.

“Now, tell me. What is it?”

“Actually... Me.. Errmm.. Mrs Kim..”

“Yah! I’m not gonna eat you. Why are you stuttering? What’s wrong, So Min-ah? Or is this regarding Hyun Joong?”

“Eh?”

“Did he disturb you? Did he scolds or yells at you again?”

“No. It’s not about him at all. It’s about me.”

“About you?”

“Actually.. I’m planning to move to the hostel...”

“What?! Hostel?!”

“..De..”

“But, why dear?”

“It’s more convenient for me to go to the campus. It’s near the campus. I’ve got friends too.”

“I told you before that Mr Park can send and fetch you..”

“But I’m nobody here. I am just a maid. I don’t want to feels burden and indebted to you, Maam.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Please, Maam. I already told my Omma last night. She already agreed with me. You don’t have to worry, Maam. I can work here on weekend.”

“That’s not the problem.”

“Please, Maam. I hope you understand me.”

Mrs Kim thought for a while. She doesn’t want So Min to left the mansion. She‘s like a daughter to her. Suddenly, she feels empty when So Min wants to move to the hostel.

“Maam?”

“De?”

“You allow me right?

“Dear.. I actually feel reluctant for you to move out to the hostel...”

“Please, Maam?”

“Aish.. Alright.”

“Thanks, Maam.”

“But, promise me you have to return here every weekend. No excuses. Get it?”

“De, Maam.”

So Min already wants to leave the room when Mrs Kim stops her. Mrs Kim walks to So Min and holds her hands.

“Suddenly, I feel empty and lonely when you want t move out. How I wish you can change your mind.”

“Maam?”

“But never mind. You may go.”

“De.”

So Min get her things and walk out from the mansion. Ha Eun get to ask her what she and Mrs Kim talked about.

“It’s regarding my studies, Unnie. I’m planning to move to the hostel. It near to my campus.”

“Hostel?”

“De. I don’t have to rush to get to my class. It just takes 5 minutes walk.”

“So, when will you moving out?”

“Soon as possible. Probably this weekend.”

“That early? Awww, I’m gonna miss you.”

“I’ll be back every weekend. Don’t worry.”

“Alright.”

“Okay, Unnie. I get  going first.”

“Be careful.”

“De.”

So Min as usual will walk to the front to wait for the bus. She likes to walk rather than made Mr Park send her to the campus. She looks around the mansion just to make sure Hyun Joong had left for work. For the time being, she doesn’t want to talk or bump into him. She really annoyed whenever he open his mouth and talk to her.

She arrives at the bus stop and wait for the bus. It didn’t take too long for the bus to come. That driver is kind to his passenger and he knows well his passenger. That’s why So Min feels safe whenever took the bus.

She’s finding her friends at the campus when she bumped into someone. She fall on her and tends to stand up.

“Oh, Sorry. Gwenchana?”

“It’ fine.”

So Min get up and find unfamiliar face in front of her. As far as she remember, she never seen that face before.

“Ermm.. are you new?” So Min try to talk to him.

“Yeah. Kind of. Sorry to make you fall. I just read this and didn’t notice you at the front.”

“It’s okay.”

“By the way, I’m Soo Hyuk. Lee Soo Hyuk.”

“So Min. Jung So Min.”

“So Min... nice.”

“Thanks.”

“...”

At far, Joo Ri and Min Ah call her over. So Min excuse herself from the guy.

“Sorry, I’ve got to go. I have class after this. Sorry too can’t help you.”


“No worries. I’m waiting a friend. She’s on her way.”

“Oh, okay. Bye.”

So Min left him and went to her friends.

“Who’s that?”

“New student.”

“New? That’s why didn’t recognise him. What’s he’s course?”

“Course?”

“Yeah.”

“I forgot to asked.”

“What? Yah, what a waste.”

“Min Anh is right. Min, what a waste.”

“Waeyo?”

“He’s good looking, girl.”

“Shut up you two. Let’s get going.”

Joo Ri and Min Ah follows her from behind to their class. While Soo Hyuk still waiting for his friend.

Hyun Joong got a very busy day for today. He’s got a meeting in the morning, and continue with a lunch appointment with his client. His phone keeps on vibrating but he just ignores it. It’s his Mummy.

“What else?”

He murmurs under his breath when the client left him and his secretary.

“DO need anything, Sir?”

“No. You can go back to the office first. I’ve got to go somewhere.”

“Very well, Sir. Oh, Mrs Kim keep on asking you since this morning.”

“What does she wants?”

“She never mentioned it. But she wants you to call her as soon as your meeting ended.”

“Alright, thanks.”

His secretary bows to him and leave the place. Hyun Joong just stays there and call his Mummy.

“De, Mummy. What’s wrong?”

“Hyun Joong-ah!”

“Whoa. Mummy? Are you crying? What happen?”

Hyun Joong is ready to run to his car if anything happen. But, as he heard his Mummy, he slump back into the chair.

“Seriously, Mummy?”

“What? Can you talk to her? Go to her campus, and talk to her. Give her a word there’s no need for staying at the hostel.”

“But... why me?”

“Just in case she will listens to you.”

“Mummy, it will never happen. She will NEVER listen to me. She even not listens to you. And what reason should I give her?”

“Just give her anything. Use Ji Eun and Ji Hoo.. De, use the kids’ names. She will soft hearted when comes to them.”

“Mummy.. Listen. Let her decide her own decision. I think it’s better for her to stay at the hostel.”

“Hyun Joong! Not you too.”

“It’s true, M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter