CHAPTER 16: SOMETHING INSIDE HIM

In Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun Joong clears his throat and begins to move out from the car. He left So Min to get Ji Eun at the back. The girl still sleeping and he carefully scoops he in his arms.

So Min also carefully out from the car with baby Ji Hoo. That baby stirs a bit and cries silently in his sleeps.

“It hurts to hear you crying, baby. Please be healty, okay.”

So Min mumbles as she headed to the door. There, Nanny Song has wait for them and shocked to see So Min.

“Oh, So Min. You’re here too.”

“De, Nanny Song. Hyun Joong picks me up after class and we went to grab our dinner.”

“Hyung Joong?”

“De.”

The looks on Nanny Song is different when So Min calls him that way. So Min smiles and answers her as she walks inside the mansion. It feels like forever for her to be there. Hyun Joong came behind her and wen straight to the stairs. He stops at the second steps and looks back to So Min.

“I can brings Ji Hoo to his room later after I put Ji Eun.”

“It’s fine. I can take him up.”

Hyun Joong nodded before proceed to upstairs. Mrs Kim at the upstairs as she heard Hyun Joong’s car. She looks glad when she saw her son and grandchildren home.

“Oh, So Min. you’re here too. Are you going to stay here tonight?”

“De, Maam. Ji Hoo seems reluctant to let me go.”

She chuckles as she proceed to the kid’s room. Hyun Joong just finish tuck Ji Eun on her bed when So Min come inside. She slowly tuck baby Ji Hoo and adjust the sheet for him.

“What does the doctor said about Ji Hoo?”

Mrs Kim ask Hyun Joong at the side of the room. Hyun Joong sigh before answering his Mummy.

“He’s having slight fever and nothing’s more to be worried. He need to take his medicine on time and need to take the antibiotic.”

“Really? Thank God. I was really worried when you told him sick. Luckily it’s just a slight fever. Oh, poor my baby.”

Mrs Kim went to baby Ji Hoo and hlds his face before plant a kiss on his forehead. So Min excuse herself to her room but Hyun Joong stops her.

“So Min?”

“De?”

“Thanks again for staying here tonight and accompany Ji Hoo.”

“It’s fine. I’ll just change my clothes and come back here.”

“No. You don’t have to do that. I think he’s better now.”

“But, he didn’t take his medicine yet tonight.”

“I can handle that. You just get some rest. Okay?”

Hyun Joong peers in front of her as she keeps looking at baby Ji Hoo. She startled when Hyun Joong’s face become close and blinks before nodded to him.

“Alright then. You can call me for anything.”

“I will.”

“Okay. Maam, I’m going back to my room. You can call me if anything.”

”Thanks, So Min-ah.”

So Min proceeds to downstairs when she bumped with Ha Eun. Ha Eun seems happy to see her and they make some time to chatting together.

It’s almost midnight when Ha Eun realised that So Min didn’t change her clothes yet. She excuse herself for So Min to take a bath.

After she bath and get change, she check her phone and there’s a text form her friends and she answer it one by one. Luckily, all her friends understand her situation and updating her with new information.

She went outside to get herself hot chocolate when she heard someone walks to the kitchen.

The mansion looks darka as they turn off all the lights except from the outside. As for the kitchen’s light, So Min just turn on one from three and it still gloomy.

She waits until the person appear in front her. She sigh in relief when he found Hyun Joong. He’s bringing Ji Hoo’s bottle and he too looks shocked when he see So Min there.

“Yah. It’s you.”

So Min half yells at him and settles herself at the chair.

“What? Of course it’s me. Wae?”

“Nothing.”

She sips her hot chocolate and pretends that she’s not affected of that. Hyun Joong chuckles and shakes his head as he knows So Min shock from earlier.

“What are you doing?”

So Min went to him at the sink. Hyun Joong wash Ji Hoo’s bottle and looks questionly to her.

“Oh. You’re going to make Ji Hoo’s milk, right. Let me help.”

She runs to the cabinet and reach for Ji Hoo’s mik and prepares to boil some water. Hyun Joong hands her the bottle and sit at her place before.

“Make me some hot chocolate, please. It seems I can’t sleep. We’re you too?”

Hyun Joong rubs his neck and temple as he talk to her. So Min turns around and found his exhausted figure.

She reach a mug and prepares the drink he request and place it infront of him. Together with a pain killer too.

“Here. Take this medicine too.”

“Komawo.”

Hyun Joong looks briefly her in front of him before reach for the mug. He swallows the pain killer and drinks the hot chocolate while waiting for So Min prepares Ji Hoo’s milk.

“It’s done. I’ll be place this at his room..”

“Wait.”

So Min is tends to leave to Ji Hoo’s room when Hyun Joong caught her arm. She stops her walks and looks dumbfounded to Hyun Joong. Hyun Joong didn’t look staright at her as he cast his eyes down.

“Wae? Are you okay, Hyun Joong?”

“I’m fine. Just let it be for a while. Ji Hoo is asleep now. I can bring that later.”

“Ooo okay. But are you really fine? Did you’re not feeling well too?”

Hyun Joong still holds her arm and So Min turns to him slowly and looks at him. He can hear the worries in her tone and shakes his head before release her.

“I’m fine. Just keep me company. You didn’t finish your drink yet.”

“Oh. It’s fine...”

“Please?”

“Okay.”

So Min sigh and went in front of him and sit there. She takes her mug that had been pass by Hyun Joong. It becomes awkward when none of them speaks. Hyun Joong still lowers his head as So Min looks confuse to him.

“So, how’s your studies?”

“De? Oh, it’s fine. I mean it’s true I’ve got busy this lately but I think I can manage.”

So Min seems startled when Hyun Joong ask her in sudden. She sips her drinks to ease her nervous. She too didn’t understand why she’s become this nervous this time.

“Oh. Just don’t stress yourself and push yourself too much. Mummy is worried for you. Whether your fine or not.”

“I know. I’ll try my best.”

“Good.”

“What about you then?”

“Me? I guess I’m just like you. Busy as hell.”

They both giggles when Hyun Joong said that. After that, they both falls silent and looks everywhere except in front of them.

After a while, So Min seems can’t stand the silent get uo from her seat.

“I’m going to brings Ji Hoo’s milk now. Just put the mug in the sink. I’ll wash that later.”

She left him and runs to the stairs. Hyun Joong smiles to himself when he looks at the clumsy and embarrass So Min left the kitchen. He takes his mug and hers and wash it before turn off the light to go upstairs.

So Min sigh in relief when she reach the kid’s room and place Ji Hoo’s milk at the table.

She turns to Ji Hoo when she hears his stirs and cries. She cuddles him a bit before he falls asleep back.

But, as she tends to put him back to his bed, he awake and starts to cries. It just a smalls and wich from him before he become uncomfortable and starts to cries loudly.

So Min become panic and went to the door to call for Hyun Joong. For her luck, he’s at the door before she reach there.

“Hyun Joong-ah!”

She looks panic and shakes a little as she walks to him. Hyun Joong shock as he saw a glint tears on her eyes.

“Waeyo?”

“Ji Hoo.. he didn’t stops crying and looks like his body a more warmer than before. Ottoke?”

She’s already cries as she said that and Hyun Joong hold Ji Hoo’s cheeks. Then, he put his hand on his forhead. He sigh before guide So Min to the chair and told her to sit.

“I’ll call Dr Lee and we’re heading to the hospital now. I’ll tell Mummy too and will you stop shaking and crying for now? I don’t think I can handle two crying person in front of me now.”

So Min blinks her eyes and she just realise she’s been crying from the moment she saw him. She’s bit her lips to prevent herself from crying and looks back at Ji Hoo.

The baby still crying but not as hard from before. He looks sick and uncomfortable in her arms. She looks back at the door when Mrs Kim come running from her room.

“Omo. Ji Hoo-ah. What’s happening?”

Mrs Kim instantly get Ji Hoo from So Min and cuddles him while waiting for Hyun Joong. So Min went to the bathroom and get some clothe. She wet it and runs back to Mrs Kim.

She place the wet clothe on baby Ji Hoo’s forehead and wet his others body to make his temperature down. The baby still crying and Hyun Joong come to them then.

“Mummy. I’m going to bring Ji Hoo to the hospital now. So Min, come with me.”

“De.”

So Min takes baby Ji Hoo with her and Hyun Joong is already left the room to his car. Mrs Kim accompany So Min to the front and said she will come later with the driver.

Hyun Joong drives fast to the hospital and it make So Min scared. She will looks at him for a while and tend to scold him. But, the cries of baby Ji Hoo stop her from doing so.

“Shhh. Please don’t cry, baby. I’m here. Are you that hurt?”

Again her tears roll down her cheeks as she talks to the baby. Ji Hoo still cries and keeps pushing her away.

“Hyun Joong..”

“I know. We’re almost there.”

He holds Ji Hoo’s hand and looks briefly beside him. He frown and step on the gear and speed to the hospital.

He’s got no choice to park at the emergency area when he reach he hospital. He runs to So Min’s seat and open the door for her.

“Careful. Come.”

He assist her and brings her inside the hospital and inform that he had called before. The nurse take note to that and quickly get Ji Hoo from So Min’s arms.

“Wae.. wae.. wae.. Where are you going to take him? Hyun Joong?”

“It’s fine, Madam. We’ll bringing him inside to do some checkup on him. We let you know after we finish. And don’t worry. He’s going to be fine.”

Hyun Joong hold her shoulder back as she temps to take Ji Hoo back from the nurse. As they heard the nurse said, Hyun Joong brings her to the nearest chair to sit.

“Sit here. Do you need anything?”

“...”

“So Min?”

“De?”

“Do you need anything?”

“It’s fine.”

“It’s not fine. Wait here.”

Hyun Joong left her and went to the vending machine to get some drink for them. He looks briefly at her and sigh after that.

So Min still shaking as she still shock to see Ji Hoo like that. She never face that in her life and it still haunting her. She also didn’t realise Hyun Joong just take a seat beside her.

“Here.”

“...”

“So Min? Your drink?”

“De? Oh, komawo.”

She didn’t care to open the can and Hyun Joong gets back the drink from her. He open it for her before handing back to her.

He sigh as she still shaking and put the drink on her hand. She looks at it for a while and drink it without aware of what kind of drink is that.

“Don’t worry, Ji Hoo will be alright.”

Hyun Joong said as he looks ahead too. So Min instantly looks at him beside her and smiles weakly to him eventhough he looks ahead.

“I know. But, still I’m scared to see him like before. And now I can’t stop shaking.”

She laugh as she looks at her shaking hands. Suddenly, there’s another hands wraps with her hands and interwind their fingers. She looks up and found Hyun Joong smiles assuringly at her.

“How about this? Is it better?”

Hyun Joong can see So Min’s face become red and chuckles to himself. So Min didn’t care to take back her hands when she found his hand makes her feels calm. Her hands stops shaking the moment Hyun Joong’s hold it.

“It feels better now. Komawo.”

“I think I should be thanking you.”

“Wae?”

So Min looks back at him before runs her eyes everywhere except him.

“Because you’re willing to take care of Ji Hoo and cries for him too. sorry to make you this worry.”

“I’m fine..”

“Fine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter