CHAPTER 24: OMMA!

In Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyun Joong came back late that night and he found all his family has gone to sleep. He walks past the living room and just then he realise Nanny Song still awake. She’s in the kitchen, probably drinking some water. Hyun Joong calls for her before hands her his lunch box.

“Here is the lunch box, Nanny.”

“Oh, okay. I’ll wash it. Do you need anything to drink?”

“No, thanks. I’ll be head upstairs then.”

“De, good night, Hyung Joong-ah.”

“Good night, Nanny.”

He walks lazily to the stairs and climb it. As he reaches his room, he looks back at Ji Hoo and Ji Eun’s room and walk there.

The kids are sound asleep when he opens the door. He walks over their bed and cover them properly with the blanket. He then kisses their forehead before heading back to his room. As he turns around, Mrs Kim is already behind him.

“Oh, Mommy. What are you doing here? Are you not asleep yet?”

“I just checking the kids.”

“They’re fine.”
“Okay. Did you just come back?”

“De. Today is hectic and I feel exhausted now.”

“Poor my son. Go get some rest.”

“De, Mommy. I’ll be in my room if you need me.”

“It’s fine. I won’t be disturbing you. You look bad.”

“Thanks, Mommy.”

Hyun Joong kiss her Mommy’s cheek and proceeds to his room. He quickly gets a bath and ready to sleep.

He reaches his phone and tend to text So Min but he stops mid-air.

“Maybe she’s asleep now. I should give her some time and space too. She still needs her feelings sort out.”

He sighs and went to bed.

As for So Min, she still up doing her assignment when someone calls her. The number is not from her contact and she hesitating to pick it up. She ignores the calls and after sometime it ends.

She shrugs her shoulder and continue doing her assignment. Since her roommate is asleep, she turns her phone to silent mode.

She didn’t realise when she falls asleep until her roommate wake her up the next morning.

“Min-ah. Wake up. Ga Yoon looking for you.”

“Hmm.”

“It’s morning now and Ga Yoon is looking for you.”

“What?! Morning?!”

“De.. and it’s 7.30 am now.”

Her roommate startled when she looks shocked as she wakes up. So Min suddenly feels fresh and looks around. She keeps rubbing her eyes and looks for Ga Yoon.

“Where’s Ga Yoon?”

“She’ll be here later. Oh by the way, Madam Lee is looking for you. She said it’s urgent. You better get shower now.”

“Madam Lee? The warden? Waeyo?”

Her roommate just shrugs her shoulders and left for her class. So Min rush to the bathroom and forget to change her silent phone to normal back.

When she walks out from the bathroom, Ga Yoon already waiting for her and looks worried.

“Ga Yoon-ah..”

“Min.. Madam Lee keeps asking for you.. and she said they got a call from your hometown.”

“My hometown?”

Suddenly, something strikes her and she runs all her might to the Madam Lee’s room. Ga Yoon he follows her and when they arrive at the office, Madam Lee already waiting for her.

“Oh, Miss Jung. You’re here. Where have you been? We keep on calling you but you never answer.”

“Calling me? What’s wrong, Madam Lee? Ga Yoon said you got a call from my hometown.”

“De. Before that, Professor Moon wants you to be at his office. Come.”

They both follows Madam Lee and Ga Yoon keeps on calming So Min.

“Why do I feels bad about this, Ga Yoon-ah?”

“Don’t say such things.”

“Madam Lee said it’s from my hometown and I can feel it’s about my Omma. Ottoke?”

Ga Yoon rubbing her back and they now in front of Professor Moon’s office. Madam Lee knocks and open the door for them. So Min try to act calm as she holds tight Ga Yoon’s hand.

“Please have a seat.”

Both So Min and Ga Yoon seat quietly and Madam Lee left the room. Professor Moon looks at them before smiles faintly at So Min.

“Miss Jung. Madam Lee got a call from your hometown and… what I will tell you this time, I hope you can remain calm, okay.”

So Min gulp hard before nodded to the Professor. She sighs and looks down to her hands and Professor Moon continue.

“It’s your mother, Mrs Jung.”

“What about her? Something happen to her?”

“Please calm down, Miss Jung.”

“So Min. Seat down.”

Ga Yoon hold her hand and brings her back to seat. Her eyes already teary and she can’t hold it anymore.

“She’s in the hospital. We’ve got a call from one guy, telling us he knows you.”

“A guy? Who…”

“It’s Mr Lee.. Lee Hyun Ki.”

Professor Moon looks through a paper and back to So Min.

“Do you know him?”

“De?”

“Do you know Lee Hyun Ki? He’s the one calling here since you can’t be reach.

So Min looks puzzle why on earth Hyun Ki calling her campus and informing about her Omma.

“Miss Jung?”

“De?”

“Do you know him? Lee Hyun Ki?”

“De. He’s one of .. my friend.”

She still in shocked and had tears in her eyes when Madam Lee come in again.

“Professor Moon, Mrs Kim is here.”

“Mrs Kim?”

So Min immediately raise her head to look at the door. There, Mrs Kim come with a worried face. She looks like she runs coming here.

“So Min!”

“Maam?”

Mrs Kim come to So Min and hugs her tight. She keeps on rubbing her back and before release her.

“I came here as fast as I can. I got a call this morning and rush here.”

“Thanks for coming here, Mrs Kim. Since you’re the one signed as her guardian, I think you should know about this. Please, have a seat.”

“De, thanks for informing me, Professor.”

“Don’t mention that. It’s our duty after all.”

“whatever it is, thanks again. So, what’s the news?”

“We’re told about her mother, and from information we’ve got from her friend, Mrs Jung is in the hospital.”

“Is she bad? What happen to her actually?”

“We don’t sure about the detail. If Miss Jung wants to be back, we can help with the procedure and you can prepare the exemption letter after you come back here.”

“…”

So Min keeps silent as she can’t understand what has happened now. Mrs Kim and Ga Yoon look at her.

“Dear? You want to be back now?”

“De?”

She still in daze when Mrs Kim ask her that. Then, Professor Moon continue.

“If you need a ride, I can....”

 “No need, Professor. I can manage.”

Before he can proceed, someone come and interrupt them. Professor Moon’s face looks dissatisfied and looks away from the voice.

“Hyun Joong?”

“I can send her, Mommy. Is that fine?”

“De. Thanks for your help, Professor. But, we can manage from here.”

“.. Okay. If you said so. Miss Jung, you can go now. And don’t worry for your class or anything. We can discuss that after you come back.”

“Thanks, Professor.”

Hyun Joong is the first one gets out from the Professor’s room, following by Mrs Kim, So Min and Ga Yoon. He looks to them before Ga Yoon excuse herself.

Hyun Joong can see the Professor’s face change when he arrived. He’s been observes Professor Moon since the day they registered So Min. The Professor looks interested in So Min and it gives him a different perception towards the Principle.

Ga Yoon holds So Min’s hands as she looks at her friend.

“Min-ah. Do you need me to come with you?”

“It’s okay, Ga Yoon-ah. You don’t have to. I can go there by myself. Just keep me updating about the events, it’s fine to me.”

“Alright. But now, stop thinking all that.  I know how to handle all.”

“Arasso. Komawo, Ga Yoon-ah.”

“De. I’ll be get to my class now. Take care and send my regards to your Omma. I’m sure she’s fine. Stop worrying too much, okay.”

“Thanks.”

So Min hugs her friend and Ga Yoon bows towards Hyun Joong and Mrs Kim.

“Let’s go.”

Mrs Kim hugs So Min from the side and helps her walking. Her legs seem weak and she didn’t refuse the helps.

Mrs Kim and So Min seats at the back and Hyun Joong is drive away from the campus. Hyun Joong looks through the back mirror, where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter