CHAPTER 11: CLOSER OR THE OTHER WAY?

In Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So Min and Ha Eun prepares the lunch for the family. Nanny Song is still in her bad as she advised to rest for a mean time.

“So Min-ah. Can you get Ji Eun and Ji Hoo? I’ll finish the rest.”

“Okay, Unnie.”

So Min walks towards the stairs and shocked to see Ji Hoo. He’s about to step down from the stairs when So Min runs to him.

“Hey. Where are you going buddy?”

So Min stop as Hyun Joong quickly scoops him up. He looks at her as she sigh in relief.

“Thank God you’re around, Sir. I’m about to run to him.”

“... It’s my fault. I left the door open as I search for something inside the room.”

So Min pinch Ji Hoo’s cheek and that boy giggles at her.

“You, baby. Don’t do that again. It’s dangerous. You sure gives me a heart attack.”

Ji Hoo still giggles at her as Hyun Joong looks at them. So Min notices his looking at her, so she excuse herself to get Ji Eun.

“The lunch is ready, Sir. I’ll go get Ji Eun.”

She left him without waiting for his reply. Hyun Joong hears her voice calling for Ji Eun and decides to wait for her. Then, he sees Ji Eun runs from the room.

“Yah! Kim Ji Eun! Come here you.”

“Catch me if you can, Unnie.”

“Ji Eun-ah. No running near the stairs. You might fall like before.”

Ji Eun startle as she hear Hyun Joong’s voice. She stops and looks at her Uncle and Ji Hoo at his arms.

“Oh, you’re still here.”

“...”

“Come Ji Eun. Let get something to eat. Ji Hoo wanna come with me?”

So Min extend her arms to Ji Hoo and the baby gladly want go to her.

“No.”

“Huh? No?”

Hyun Joong refuse give Ji Hoo to So Min.

“I mean I can take Ji Hoo.”

He just left after he said that. So Min is left dumbfounded with Ji Eun beside her.

“What’s wrong with him? Never mind. Come Ji Eun.”

“De!”

Ji Eun walks down the stairs with So Min as she sing some song.

“What song did you sing?”

So Min ask as they walks hand in hand.

“I don’t remember the title. But, the teacher taught me that song.”

“Really? You sang it well.”

Ji Eun smiles at So Min and sing it again and again. After she sit at the dining tablr, she sing the song while waiting for her grandma. Hyun Joong found it noisy as he frowns his brows at her.

“Yah, Kim Ji Eun. What song is that?”

“I can’t remember the title. My teacher taught me that. Lalalala.”

She continues to sing as she plays with the utensils.

“Ji Eun-ah. Can you keep quiet?”

“No.”

“Please, Ji Eun-ah...”

“I wanna sing more.”

“But, it’s lunch time.”

“I...”

“What’s wrong, Hyun Joong?”

Mrs Kim come to the dining table and takes her sit. She sits at the middle of the table and looks at noisy Ji Eun.

“Omo, Ji Eun-ah. You’ve got lovely voice.”

“Really, grandma? But Uncle don’t like me sing.”

“Of course. It’s...”

“Enough, Hyun Joong. She still a kid.”

Ji Eun stuck her tongue to her Uncle and Mrs Kim laugh at them. Later, So Min and Ha Eun tales the dish and serves to them.

“Ha Eun Unnie, can I have that vegetables.”

“Of course, Ji Eun-ah.”

Ha Eun hands her the vegetables as So Min serve Mrs Kim and Hyun Joong.

“Is Nanny Song still sick?”

“Yeah. She still in her bed. Maybe she just tired.”

“Let her rest this few days.”

“De, Maam.”

So Min moves to Hyun Joong and place his dishes in front of him. She can’t understand herself as she can become too nervous whenever she has to face Hyun Joong.

“You dishes, Sir.”

“Thanks. Did you guys eaten?”

Hyun Joong ask as he looks at Ha Eun and So Min. So Min looks at Ha Eun and gives her signal for her to answer that.

“We can do that later, Sir. Enjoy your lunch.”

Both So Min and Ha Eun tend to left the dining room when Mrs Kim stops them.

“So Min. Ha Eun.”

“De..”

“Come join us. It’s been a long time since we can eat together. You’ve got nothing to do, right. Come, have a seat.”

“Unnie..”

So Min whispers to Ha Eun. They both don’t know how to answer to it. Ha Eun nodded to So Min and put aside the tray in her hand.

“Ooo. Okay, Maam. So Min, seat there. I seat here.”

Ha Eun pointed a free seat beside Hyun Joong. So Min reluctant to go there and Ha Eun go instead. But, by sit in front of him is really a bad move for So Min.

She become more restless as she can see his face better rather than seated beside him. Ha Eun eat her meals in peace and in no time she almost finishes her dish. Rather than So Min, she only ate half of her dish.

She seated beside Ji Hoo and once a while she will feed the baby to hide her nervousness and awkward.

“So Min. You should eat. Baby Ji Hoo can feed himself.”

“It’s okay, Maam. I’m used to this.”

So Min will entertain Ji Hoo and ate her meals after that until she finishes her dish. She and Ha Eun gathers the plates and brings it to the kitchen.

“I want to help.”

Suddenly, Ji Eun who is seated beside Hyun Joong wants to take her plate by hersslf. So Min and Ha Eun had gone to the kitchen. So, Hyun Joong helps her.

“Be careful, Ji Eun-ah. You might drop the plate.”

“Unnie. Here’s the plate.”

“Omo! Komawo!”

Ha Eun get the plates from Ji Eun and brings JI Eun with her. Hyun Joong had been left with So Min alone. There’s a silent before So Min notice he’s holding a plate too.

“Oh! Why did you don’t pass that too Ha Eun Unnie, Sir?”

“Because I want to give it to you.”

“De?”

“Nothing. Here.” So Min gets the plate from him and moves inside the kitchen. Hyun Joong had been following her from behind.

“You don’t have to bring it here. We can get it at the front.”

“It’s fine. It’s not so hard to do so.”

So Min just smiles to him as she places the plates inside the sink. There’s Ji Eun and Ha Eun too and Hyun Joong just stand not far from them.

“What did Sir doing here?”

So Min just shrugs her shoulders to Ha Eun. She wants to wash the dishes when Ha Eun stops her.

“I can do this. You’ll get the others at the front. And don’t forget to wipes the table after that.”

“De.”

So Min gets some napkin with her. She was about to pass Hyun Joong when she stops in front of her.

“Is there anything I can get for you, Sir?”

“Hmm.. Let see. Can you bring some juice to my reading room? I’ll be dong my work there.”

“Very well, Sir. But, you bring your work here? It’s on weekend after all.”

“Well, other matters came up and I need to do it here. Don’t forget my juice. I’m going first.”

“I’ll bring the juice later.”

Hyun Joong left to his reading room and start to do his work. So Min and Ha Eun clears all the dishes from their lunch. After that, it’s a nap time for the kids.

“Come here, baby. It’s your nap time.”

So Min gets Ji Hoo with her and hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter