CHAPTER 21: DISAPPEARING?

In Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So Min woke up few hours later, or it’s near the lunch time. She sure got her beauty sleep after barely to sleep before this.

She stretches her arms and looks at her phone. There are several messages and some of it from Hyun Joong. She read the other first and when it comes to Hyun Joong, she suddenly feels nervous.

“What’s wrong with me? It’s just a text after all.”

She sighs and looks through the text and left dumbfounded after that. She quickly looks through the clock and it’s almost time.

“Oh my God. I overlepst this time. He sure on his way here. Ottoke? The text is about an hour ago. How on earth I didn’t hear my phone?”

“I’m coming over for lunch today and I’ll be sending you to your college. Remember, I don’t take NO for me to sending you later. See you.”- Sir

As she mumbles to herself, Ha Eun is at the door and calling for her.

“So Min-ah?”

“De!”

Ha Eun come inside and smiles to her before looks at her teasingly.

“What’s wrong, Unnie?”

“Oh, nothing. Omo, don’t tell me you just woke up?”

“I am, Unnie. I’m going to take a bath now. And why are you here?”

So Min asked as she busy taking her towel with her.

“Sir Hyun Joong ask for you. I thought you already woke up.”

“Did he? Ottoke, Unnie? Did he say something else? Where is he now?”

“He didn’t tell me anything else. He just ask about you, and I think he’s in his reading room.”

“Okay, Unnie. I wash first.”

“But, So Min. When I think of it...”

“Hmmm? What?”

“Sir Hyun Joong rarely gets here on lunch. Moreover, Madam Kim didn’t here this time as she fetch baby Ji Hoo right now.”

“So? What’s your point, Unnie?”

“Don’t you think it’s strange?”

“Strange? In what way?”

So Min is alredy at her bathroom’s door and listens to Ha Eun carefully.

“Oh, you can’t get me?”

“What are you trying to say, Unnie? I’m in a rush right now.”

“I think...”

“Ha Eun-ah! Come help me here!”

Nanny Song suddenly call for Ha Eun and both of them startled as Ha Eun rush to her. So Min sighs in relief when Ha Eun left her room. She quickly takes her shower and when she’s done, she hears her phone.

“Yah! What’s taking you so long? Did you just wake up? You didin’t reply my text too?”- Sir

As she shees the sender, she got pale and quickly choose her clothes. She choose a sleeveless white top and a white trouser. To cover her sleeveless top, she got a light pink balzer. She also matches her outfit with her cream wedges and yellow bag for her books.

“Okay, I’m done.”

She gets her all her things together her report and runs to the living room. She almost forgot to reply on Hyun Joong.

“Sorry, Sir. I’m done now. I’m at the living room. I’m preparing the lunch now.”- So Min.

After that, So Min help Ha Eun and Nanny Song in preparing the table and she’s reluctantly to calls Hyun Joong over. She’s been checking her phone for his reply, but it’s noen from him.

“Did he mad? Ottoke?”

She speaks to herself and continues to help the others.

“So Min. Go get Sir Hyun Joong.”

Nanny Song said to her and she shock to heat that.

“De? Me? Why don’t Ha Eun goes instead of me? I need...”

“Why? The table is done. There’s not much to do now.”

“But...”

“What’s wrong with you today? You’re not like this before.”

“I’m fine. Totally fine.”

“Then, go get him.”

“Alright.”

So Min stomps her feet as she walks thorugh his reading room.

“Omo. I forgot to remind her something.”

“Waeyo, Nanny?”

“When Hyun Joong got home, he looks terrified. I mean it must be something happen at the office. I think he’s in bad mood. I’m afraid So Min will get a scold if she’s not properly talk to him.”

“Is he really a bed temper, Nanny?”

“He’s not actually. But something really pissed him off, I can tell he can makes this mansion turn over. Keke.”

“Is that so? Let me tell her..”

“No. I think it’s fine. So Min knows how to talk to him.”

“Okay.”

Ha Eun returns to the kitchen together with Nanny Song while So Min still figeting her finger in front of Hyun Joong’s reading room.

“Relax, So Min. Take a deep breathe and everything going to be fine.”

She heaves a sigh and knocks on the door several times. She continues to knock and call for Hyun Joong, he never answer it.

“Sir? The lunch is ready. You can come now.”

She tilts her head and knocks again before open the door slowly.

“Sir? The lunch... oh!”

She looks straight at the couch and found Hyun Joong lies there. She approach him slowly and bend down a little.

“Sir?”

There’s no answer from him instead he sleep soundly and didn’t bother of her voice. She tries calls him again and this time she kneels in front him. She shakes his shoulder and calls him this time.

“Sir? Hmmm.. Hyun Joong? Wake up. The lunch is ready.”

For a few seconds, Hyun Joong seems to stir a bit and slowly opens his eyes. His sleepy eyes look into her’s and there’s a silent between them.

Hyun Joong observes her and smiles a bit before adjusted himself on the couch. Now, he’s facing her while he still lying there.

“What’s the matter?”

“Hmmm... The lunch is ready. You can come now.”

“Is it?”

“De. I’ll be going...”

So Min tends to left him when he suddenly hold her wrist and make himself sit after that.

“Wait a minute.”

So Min forze when she feels his hand on her. She didin’t dare to look at him and wait for him to speak.

“Come here and sit.”

Hyun Joong pulls her over and makes her sit beside him. So close to him. So Min holds her breath and didn’t dare to look at him.

“What time did you wake up from your beauty sleep?”

“De?”

“I’ll be asking just once, So Min. I bet you heard me enough. Moreover, I’m not in the good mood now.”

“Not in the mood? Waeyo?”

So Min ask dunfounded and look at him questionly. Hyun Joong just shakes his head and raise his eyebrows to her.

“Oh. I just woke up when Ha Eun Unnie come to get me earlier.”

“You mean when I’m looking for you?”

“De. By the way, why are you asking me then?”

“Can’t you tell?”

“What?”

“Aigoo. I’m worried that you’ve gone to your college this morning since there’s no reply from you.”

“Oh. But, I told you that I will go to the college on the evening.”

“I know.”

“Then? You’re way too overthinkig things, Hyun Joong.”

So Min smiles as she said that and Hyun Joong sigh in relief. He had satisfactory smiles when he hears So Min calls him by his name. So Min looks puzze as she ask him.

“What is it?”

“I love how you call me by my name.”

“When? Oh, this earlier..”

“No. At the moment when you wake me up. Or when you kneels on front me just now. keke.”

“Hmm... kneels? Yah! You’re awake that time?”

So Min unconsiously hit his arm and Hyun Joong winch in pain.

“Yah! That hurts you know.”

“Serves you right for fooling me.”

“I just want to make you call me by my name.”

“...”

“Mian. Did you forgive me? If I’m not doing like that, when will you call me by my name? Huh?”

Hyun Joong looks at her and So Min pout to him back. She glares at him before both of them laugh together.

“That’s so slilly of you. By looking at you now, did your mood lighten?”

“Mood? It’s not that bad since I know you’re here and not at the college.”

“I thought you’ve got problems at the office.”

“It sure had but when I hear your voice, looking at your face now.. all of them vanish.”

“Ewww.. is this really you, Kim Hyun Joong-shi?”

So Min place her hand on his forehead and Hyun Joong dodge her hand away by holding it tightly.

“Yah, let go. We need to go now. Nanny and Unnie must be waiting.”

“Just a minute more. I want more time with you.”

“...”

So Min suddenly falls silent when she heard that. Now, she didn’t look at him though. She runs her eyes on the floor. Hyun Joong sense her change of mood and ask her.

“What’s wrong?”

“How come did you fall for me? Did you not see me as one of your maids?”

“Yah! What nonsense are you talking about?”

“I don’t think we’re match each other...”

“Jung So Min! Don’t ever say that. Don’t ever think about that. I.. falls for you.. it’s because.. you.. yourself.”

“But, I’m nobody. I’m from poor family. I even don’t have Appa.”

“Just stop talking, or else you’re going to blabber something nonsense.”

“But it’s true right?”

“Just stop talking.”

“When did you start noticing me? I know it’s not the perfec time to ask but...”

Before she finish her words, Hyun Joong lips come seals hers. So Min eyes widen when she feels his warm lips on hers. It takes a seconds before Hyun Joong release her and looks at her intently.

“That’s what you’ve got when I’m telling you to shut your mouth but you never listen to me.”

“....”

She still looks shock at him and it brings laughter to him.

“Earth to, So Min.”

He flick her forehead and ready to leave her. So Min sense the hit and runs to him.

“Yah! What you just did?”

“Can’t you tell? Or you want me to do it again?”

“Andwae! Stop!”

So Min covers his lips with her hands and brush it away. Hyun Joong is already dying laughing in front of her.

“Why is your face turning red? Oh, don’t tell me...”

“Stop! Just stop.”

Again, Hyun Joong holds his stomach and laugh out loud. So Min hit his arm repeatedly to make him stop but he didn’t care.

“Fine! Laugh as much as you wants. I’m leaving.”

“Wait! Mian. Mian. You’re reaction is priceless. Is that your first kiss?”

“... just stop asking me...”

“Okay. By looking at you now, I bet it is. I’m glad I’m the first.”

“I said stop talking about that. I’m really going now.”

“Hey.. don’t be mad. I’m joking. I love to tease you.”

“Let me go. Why do I have to come here in the first place?”

“You’re angry? Okay, I’m at fault. But, your lips really tempting me back then. Keke.”

Hyun Joong leans and whispers to her. Then he laughing hard again makes So Min really leaves him behind.

She runs to hide in her room and Hyun Joong walks to the dining room. He looks around and the house seems quiet this time.

“Where’s Mommy, Nanny?”

“Oh, didn’t she tell you?”

“Tell me what?”

“Ji Hoo can be back today. So, she’s picking him up.”

“Oh, is that so? Why did Dr Lee don’t inform me that?”

“Maybe he contacted Madam Kim for the first place.”

Hyun Joong nodded and starts dig in. He looks hungry and Nanny smiles to him.

“You sure hungry, son. Eat slowly.”

“De, Nanny. The dishes look delicious today.”

“It’s because you rarely come home for lunch nowadays.”

“De, I’ve got plenty to do at the office. Sometime I’ll be lunch with the clients while we’re discussing about work.”

“That sounds tiresome. You should take it easy.”

“I will, Nanny. Thanks. By the way, where is So Min? I’ll be sending her to the college later.”

“Is that so? She didn’t mention it to me. I’ll go get her.”

Hyun Joong nodded and continues his eating. He’s waiting patiently for So Min and she come behind Nanny Song with sour face.

Hyun Joong knows she’s still angry and he didn’t let it aside. He clears his throat and looks seriously at her.

“Eat some before you go to the college.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“Sit.”

“Don’t bother. Nanny, I’ll be at my room.”

“Jung So Min! Sit!”

Nanny Song looks repeatedly at So Min and Hyun Joong. She starled when Hyun Joong raise his voice to So Min. It seems So Min will get scolded if she’s refuse to listen to him.

“Sit, dear. Eat before you leave. Hyun Joong told me he’ll be sending you to your college. It’s good since Mr Park bringing Madam Kim right now. Baby Ji Hoo is coming home.”

“Baby Ji Hoo is coming home?”

“Yah! Start eating now, or else I’m leaving you.”

So Min glares at him before take a seat in front him. Hyun Joong invites Nanny Song and Ha Eun too to makes it looks natural. Since Ha Eun is already suspicious towards him, he must act the other way to confuse her.

“Are you done? I’ll be waiting at the car. Make it quick. You’ve got 5 minutes. More than that, goodbye for you.”

“Yah!”

“Hyun Joong. Stop teasing her.”

Nanny Song shakes her head as she looks at the playful Hyun Joong.

“I’m serious here, Nanny. See you.”

“De. Drive carefully. You too So Min. Take care at your college. Call home if anything happen.”

“De, Nanny. I’m going now. Unnnie, I’m going now. Bye!”

So Min runs to his car and he’s already waiting for her. She thought that this time he’s serious.

“Was it supposed me to be angry? Then why he’s angry?”

She thought to herself as she buckles her seatbelt. Hyun Joong drives off immediately when she’s already settle on her seat. He’s driving a little fast and he’s enjoying his time in teasing her.

So Min on the other hand, feels a little scared when he’s driving like that. She’s been clutching tightly on her seatbelt all the time. She will throw a quick glance to Hyun Joong when he passed a car in dangerous way.

“Hyun Joong! Can you slow down? I think I’m going to puke if you keep on driving like a mad person.”

“...”

“Kim Hyun Joong! Are you hear me?”

“I’m hearing. Stop complaining. You need to be at your college in time right. So, shut your mouth.”

“I’m not in such hurry. Please, slow down.”

“Alright, alright.”

Hyun Joong then drive in normal speed and they arrives at her college later that. So Min gether things and bid her goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter