CHAPTER 22: GOTCHA!

In Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All maids including So Min do their chores until afternoon and had their lunch before they rest for a while. Since there’s no particular chores to do, Ha Eun watch drama together with Nanny Song. While So Min call her Omma before she do her assignments.

Their conversation through her phone is nothing much as she ask her Omma about her health and business. Then, her Omma ask something makes her speechless.

“Dear, I’ve got something to tell you.”

“What is it Omma? Why are you sound serious?”

“Hyun Ki came...”

“...”

So Min falls silent when she hears that name. It’s been a while she and her Omma talked about him. Her Omma sigh before call her daughter again.

“So Min dear? Are you still there?”

“De, Omma? What does he want?”

“He’s searching for you?”

“Searching for me? What for? Did you by any chance tell him I’m here?”

“No dear. I just told him to stop bothering you.”

“By the way, is he often goes to the restaurant?”

“Not so often but this lately he’s been here during lunch time. He said that he’s sorry for al that happened before.”

“What the hell is he thinking? Omma, please chase him away. Do not speak to him anymore. You know how I hate him.”

“I know dear. But I don’t have the heart to chase him like that. Moreover he’s coming for lunch.”

“Omma! Does your restaurant the only there? I’m sure he can afford a better place when you chase him away.”

“Jung So Min. Calm down. I know how you feels...”

“But you still listen to him, Omma. I’m afraid you will falls for his sweet words again. Please, Omma. Don’t falls for his kindness and all. I’ve had enough. It’s twice already, Omma. I just can’t...”

“I know, dear. I understand. He keeps on apologizing to me in front of the workers and other customers. How come I can ignore him?”

“I don’t know, Omma. Just make him leave no matter what. Said whatever you want until he leaves you place.”

“So Min...”

“I’m sorry, Omma. I just can’t forgive him yet. I’m bleed inside. It’s feels like yesterday he promised me everything and today he broke his promises. I never fall for someone like I did to him. In a snap, he’s crushing my world.”

“Arasso, dear. Please don’t stress yourself. I’m afraid you will fall sick.”

“Don’t worry, Omma. I’m fine here as long as I don’t see or heard about him anymore.”

“Arasso. Mian, I shouldn’t mention about him. But I need to tell you he’s been coming here more often now. I’m afraid he will bother you there.”

“That’s why not to tell him or anyone about me here. I need to find myself, my strength, Omma. I’m dying inside and I’m trying to live back.”

“I will pray for your strength, dear. Omma is always here when you need me and I miss you so much.”

“Me too, Omma. I miss you too. I’m sorry not be able to be back.”

“I understand. So please forget what I said about Hyun Ki okay. I’ll try what I can do with him later.”

“Thanks, Omma.”

“De. By the way, when is your holiday? Are you coming home later?”

“Holiday? I think my holiday is about a month for now. And of course I will come home. I miss your cooking.”

“A month? Great. Do inform me the date then. I can fetch you at the bas station.”

“It’s fine, Omma. I can manage that. I’ll let you know when I’m already in front of our house. Keke.”

“Yah this kid. Arasso arasso. I need to go now. Something come up, they need me now.”

“De, Omma. Take care and love you, Omma.”

“De, love you too dear.”

So Min hang up the call and falls back on her bed. She close her eyes and Hyun Ki’s nama rings in her head. Suddenly, she remembered all hi promises and their happy time before he left her without explanation.

He tried to talk to her after they broke up, but she never listened to him anymore. Until one time, she decided to quit her college and left Busan after that.

Hyun Ki is nowhere to be found after that and suddenly he appears now for all this time. It’s almost a year and only now he’s back. So Min cups her face and went to the bathroom.

She looks herself at the mirror and unconsciously her tears escape her eyes. She didn’t realise when she cried and her eyes now swollen from the tears.

She splash the water to her face before head back to her bed. She lie back n her bed and falls asleep in her tears.

So Min rolls on her bed and opens her eyes lazily when she heard a voice from outside. She sits on her bed before looks for her phone. It’s 3pm now. She falls asleep only an hour, that’s why her head spinning.

She’s ignore her headache as she refresh herself before proceed to the living room. Her face lighten when she see Ji Eun and Baby Ji Hoo. Her mood is unbalance this lately and she’s become more sensitive these days.

“Aish this hormone. I’m bet my period is around the corner. I get teary and happy at the same time when I see those kids.”

So Min murmurs to herself as she shed her tears and runs lightly to the kids. She bends down and ruffles Baby Ji Hoo’s hairs.

“Annyeong, Baby. Hello, Maam.”

Baby Ji Hoo looks up at her and smiles sweetly at her. So Min try to pick him up, and Baby Ji Hoo gladly throw himself to her. So Min gladly holds him up and looks for Ji Eun.

“Where’s Ji Eun?”

Suddenly, Ji Eun coming from behind and startled her and Baby Ji Hoo. So Min shocks as she spun around with Ji Hoo squeal in her arms.

“Ommo. Ji Eun-ah. That’s dangerus. What if So Min falls? She’s holding Baby Ji Hoo now.”

Madam Kim scolds Ji Eun as she too started with Ji Eun’s actions. Ji Eun pout and hides behind my legs. So Min looking down and smile Ji Eun before looks back at Madam Kim.

“It’s fine, Maam. Don’t scold her.”

“But still, she need lesson, So Min.”

“I know. It’s not her attention anyhow. Right, Ji Eun-ah?”

“De, Grandma. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make Unnie falls. Mian.”

Ji Eun becomes teary and So Min put Baby Ji Hoo down and pat her back. As she console Ji Eun, they heard someone at the door and Baby Ji Hoo jumps happily to see that person.

“I’m home.”

It’s Hyun Joong. It’s been four days she didn’t meet or speak to him. She feels nervous when she heard his voice. Baby Ji Hoo and Ji Eun already run to him.

As she rise from the floor and slowly truns around, Hyun Joong already walks inside with Baby Ji Hoo in his arms and Ji Eun drags him inside. They look at each other for a moment before So Min is frowns to him and left the living room.

Hyun Joong is taken aback with her action and let it be for a while. He greets his Mommy and seat at one couch.

“Mommy.”

“De. How are you?”

“I’m fine.”

“So how’s Japan? Everyting’s settle, right? Is this time more complicated? You never been there for this long.”

“Yeah, it seems complicated this time but don’t worry because I manage to control it.”

“It’s good to hear that. So Min.. Ommo, where is she? Nanny?”

Madam Kim calls for Nanny Song and talk to her before she proceed to the kitchen after that.

“I ask Nanny to prepare some tea and cakes so that we can enjoy it after this. Can you manage that?”

Hyun Joong looks at his Mommy as he’s entertain his nephew and niece. He thinks for a while before nodded to her Mommy.

“Okay, go freshen up. We’ll meet at the garden then. Kids, let’s go to the garden first. Your Uncle needs to freshen up. Come, Baby.”

Madam Kim holds Baby Ji Hoo with her and left to the living room. Hyun Joong manages to grabs Ji Eun before she runs to her Grandma.

“Wait, Ji Eun-ah. Uncle needs to ask you something.”

“Huh?”

Ji Eun looks puzzle as Hyun Joong makes her sit on his lap. He holds Ji Eun’s tiny hand and looks at her.

“Where’s So Min Unnie? Did you see her?”

“I don’t know. She’s right here before you home. Waeyo, Uncle?”

“Is she alright?”

“I don’t know. I want to go to Grandma and Baby Ji Hoo.”

Ji Eun left him and runs to the garden and Hyun Joong sigh on his own. He close his eyes and leans back before he heard someone to the living room. It’s Ha Eun and Nanny Song.

“Oh, where’s Madam Kim?”

Nanny Song ask Hyun Joong as his eyes searching someone behind them. Nanny Song knows him well and tells Ha Eun to find them at the garden.

“Ha Eun. You go find them at the garden. I’m sure they’re all there.”

“De, Nanny.”

Ha Eun left the living room and Nanny Song call Hyun Joong again.

“Hyun Joong?”

“De? Oh Nanny? Mian. What is it?”

“She’s at the back. She’s preparing some cakes for later.”

“De?”

“You’ve been searching for So Min right? But, I don’t think you can meet her yet. She looks like in a bad mood. She’s been frowning and didn’t talk much.”

“Is she? It’s fine. I’ll go now. Thanks, Nanny.”

Hyun Joong walks fast to the back and found So Min at there. She’s washing a bowl she used for mixing the ingredients for the cake. She never notice when Hyun Joong approach her from behind.

“Hey.”

So Min statled when his voice is right behind her. She stops her doing and hear Hyun Joong’s chuckle behind her.

“I said hi to you.”

“Hi. What do you want, Sir?”

Hyun Joong is shock to hear her reply. She continues her doings and ignores him for a while. When she’s done, she tends to walks away, but Hyun Joong blocks her way. She’s trap between the sink on her back and him in front of her.

“Please let me pass. I’ve got plenty to do.”

“Look at me.”

Hyun Joong notice she didn’t looks at him and demand her to do so. But, So Min shakes her head and looks at the floor.

“Hey. What’s the matter? Did I do anything wrong? Or did you sick?”

Hyun Joong is about to hold her face when So Min dodge his hand away. Hyun Joong is froze and so do So Min.

“Mian, but I’m fine. I need to do my job, Sir. Will you execuse me?”

So Min tries to pass him but he never moves from her.

“Please?”

Only this time So Min looks at him and he notice her eyes swollen. He knows something happen before he’s back. Her eyes still red and the swollen is new.

“Are you crying? Wae? What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing.”

“No, I don’t believe you. We need to talk.”

“What’s more to talk? We don’t have anything to talk.”

So Min dare to talk to him back and tries her best to pass by him. He looks around and found the laundry room.

“Come with me.”

He drags So Min with him and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter