CHAPTER 10: CAN WE JUST BE FRIENDS?

In Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So Min woke up early and prepares herself to buy some groceries with Nanny Song. She can see Hyun Joong is ready for his morning jog and ignores him as she headed to Nanny Song’s room. She bumped into Ha Eun on her way there.

“Oh, good morning Unnie.”

“Morning, So Min-ah. Where are you going this early morning?”

“Did you forget? I will accompany Nanny Song to the market today. We’re sort of groceries already.”

“Yeah. I just came from her room. She’s not feeling well today and asked me to go with you. But, I have other job to do today.”

“Oh. it/s okay, Unnie. I can go alone. I will call Mr Park.”

“Min, Mianhae. Mr Park is on his leave today. His children are back from overseas. Ottoke?”

So Min sigh and they together think of a way. So Min can go to the market by bus but it’s getting late to wait for it. Moreover, they got plenty to but too as she’s going alone.

“I can help.”

Out of nowhere, Hyun Joong interrupts them and they both startled to hear him from behind.

“Sir?!”

Ha Eun face him as So Min slowly look at her employer. She looks at him but just all the time.

“I heard that you need to buy the groceries, right. Since Mr Park is on his leave, I can drive you there.”

He looks at Ha Eun all the time but the girl shakes her head before push So Min to be close to her.

“It’s not me, Sir. But So Min will be buying those with Nanny Song. But, she’s not feeling well today. So, So Min will do that alone.”

“Oh, great. I can go with you.”

“DE?! Will you?”

Ha Eun and So Min both surprise to hear him. He’s never volunteering himself to do such thing before. They both look at him unblinking until her waves his hand in front of him.

“So... I guess you can go with Sir Hyun Joong, Min –ah.”

“What?”

“Yeah. He’s been kind today to accompany you. You should go.”

“But...”

“Don’t worry. I’ll be the driver today. I let you do your job, and don’t bother you.”

“...”

“Min-ah. Just go. You need someone to go with you. I can’t today.”

“Unnie..”

“It’s getting late. If you don’t want, I should get going for jogging now.”

“Sir! Wait!”

Hyun Joong hides his smile when he turns to them back. He look at So Min and Ha Eun and back to So Min. Mrs Kim heard them and walks to her son.

“What are you guys talking about? Oh So Min, where are going this early?”

Ha Eun is the one explain all to Mrs Kim. She looks at them and nodded before facing her son.

“Are you sure you can do that, Son?”

“I am. Luckily I’m free today. So, I guess I can accompany her.”

“You’re right. So Min, go with Hyun Joong. Since he’s so kind today, let him be. Use him as your driver and assistant.”

“But, Maam...”

“No more but, So Min-shi. We’re getting late. I’ll be waiting at the car.”

Hyun Joong left them and gets his cars key. He waits for So Min beside his car. Later, So Min is walking towards him with her pout and sour face. He get inside and so do her. She still shut until they leave the house.

“You can drop me here. I can go by myself.”

‘What? Here? No! What will my Mummy say?”

“I will not telling her. I promise.”

“No! She sure will call me to make sure you’re FINE with me. I know her well.”

“...”

“Enough with your bickering. So, where do we head first?”

So Min ignores him as she looks outside. Hyun Joong shakes his head before continue with his trick on her.

“If you’re not going to tell me, we can make a u-turn to the mansion. If Mrs Kim ask, I can tell her that you’re not in the mood for buying the groceries now.”

“Aish.. to the fresh market first. Then the market nears it.”

Hyun Joong giggles and speed his car. The weather is so nice in the morning. There’s only a radio accompany them during the drive. The way to the fresh market takes about 20 minutes and it is far from the masion.

“Did you guys go to this fresh market often?”

Hyun Joong ask after he park his car at the side. So Min just nodded to him and step outside. They need to cross the road to reach the market. Hyun Joong stands beside her and lead the way. He unconsciously held her hand when they’re ready to cross the road. So Min surprise as he held her until they enter the fresh market.

“What’s the occasion for you guys to buy here too?”

“Nothing. Mrs Kim likes to eat fresh seafood and fish here.”

So Min releases her hand as she starts to choose the seafood and others. Hyun Joong will follow her right behind. Luckily he’s wearing his sweat suit. The fresh market is wet and smelly. Once a while, So Min notice his uncomfortable face. She chuckles to herself and ignores him.

“Is this your first time coming here?” So Min ask him. He’s been avoiding a pole in front of him and looks at her.

“No. I used to come here with my Mummy when in high school.”

“After that?”

He just shakes his head and follows her again. So Min will smile sweetly th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter