CHAPTER 15: MISSING

In Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So Min waited for a while after she sends the text to Hyun Joong. As she waited, she’s doing her assignment with her roommate. Her roommate is happen to be her classmate Ga Yoon.

“So Min-ah,, did you waiting for a phone call?”

“De?”

“I’m asking you.. did you waiting for a phone call?”

“Andwae.. waeyo?”

So Min ignores Ga Yoon’s question and pretend to do her work. Ga Yoon shakes her head before flicks So Min’s forehead.

“Yah. You think you can fool me?”

“Aucch.. Yah! It’s hurts..”

“Hurts? Serves you right.”

“What’s wrong with you?”

“You’ve been spacing out. I’ve been talking to you but you just constantly look at your phone.”

“Am I?”

“Huh… Yeah, of course. What’s the matter?”

“No… Nothing. Let’s continue. We need to finish this tonight.”

“That’s what I’ve been told you earlier.”

“Mianhae, Ga Yoon-ah.”

Ga Yoon smiles as she shakes her head to her friend. She notices that So Min act strange since this morning. She seems to be avoiding or being extra careful. But she doesn’t know what the truth is.

So Min sighs in relief as she manages to dodge and distract Ga Yoon from asking her more. She does keeps checking her phone. But, she never thought Ga Yoon will notice that.

Back to Hyun Joong. After he calls the bodyguard and tells them about So Min, he tries to rest as he’s been exhausted today.

“I need to rest and sleep early today. Let’s be asleep, my dear eyes.”

He turns off the light on the bedside table. He does close his eyes but open it back and sigh heavily.

“Yah. Why do I have to be thinking about her? She does texted me back and that’s mean she’s fine.”

He stirs on his bed to get comfortable position to sleep but his eyes seems to be denying his tired body.

He reaches his phone and tends to call So Min but he stops in midway. He thought the text will be do and start texting her. But, there’s something stop him from doing that. He deletes the text and put aside his phone back.

“Aigoo. What a strange. What happen to me?”

He walks out from his bedroom and went to the kitchen. He settles himself a hot chocolate and finish the rest on his room. Once he close the door, his phone rings. The bodyguard had been calling him and it gives him weird feeling.

“Hello? Hyun Joong here.”

“De, Mr Kim. I’m Yoon, and I’m being assigned to update to you about Miss Jung So Min.”

“De. ..”

“Sorry to disturb you this late, but we need to informed you beforehand.”

“It’s fine.”

“So, how can I update you about Miss Jung?”

“It’s a simple job as I need you to monitor her from afar. Don’t make her notice your presence. Keep your eyes on her and do inform me immediately if there’s anything suspicious.”

“Okay, I can do that. Anything else, Sir?”

“I need to know her friends. Can you investigate that for me?”

“I’ll try my best.”

“Okay, good. I think it’s fine for now. If there’s anything, I will contact you.”

“Alright, Sir. When you want me to start this?”

“As soon as possible. I want you to start now, but I think it’s impossible.”

“Now? I see what I can do, Sir.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. We’re professional and well trained. I think I need to go now, Sir. I’ll inform you if anything.”

“Great! Thanks again.”

“No problem, Sir. It’s my job.”

They hang up the calls and Hyun Joong went to his balcony. He finish his drink and looks up at the sky.

“I’ll try to figure this out and find the reason of the death of my family. I’ll take revenge for you guys if I have to.”

He drifts his eyes at the lawn below his room. It’s the place when he heard So Min for the first time. He chuckles to himself before went back inside is room.

He got a text from his Mummy. Madam Kim informed him that they will be back in two days since tomorrow is Saturday. So he’s wondering if he can join them whether tomorrow or the day after.

He text his Mummy back and Madam Kim gladly that he might be joining them later. Then, he remember the text from So Min.

He read it again and sigh before reply to her text.

“It’s not important anymore. I’ll contact you back when it’s necessary.”

A simple reply to So Min and he sure she will be puzzle as she receive that.

“What does he mean? What is not important anymore?”

He sure right about that. So Min is clueless about the content and again she’s distracted by him. Ga Yoon again scolded So Min for being spacing out throughout their discussion.

2weeks after…

 Hyun Joong receives about So Min wellbeing almost every day from bodyguard Yoon. He reported him So Min’s friends at the campus and her activities all day long.

“It seems she’s having a lot fun studying there. Mummy keeps on nagging that she’s barely comeback to the mansion now. She sure missed the first week to be back to mansion.”

Hyun Joong thought when he received an email form bodyguard Yoon. There’s So Min and her friends inside the campus, walking back home, leisurely at the mall, and there’s this one guy that keeps on lingering around them.

Sometime, that guy will be with So Min and her friends. There’s no picture with them both as they always with the others. But something is bothering Hyun Joong. He don’t know what is it but he need to find it out. For the time being, he just let it be and let the bodyguard and PIs do their job.

For the last 2weeks, So Min can’t return to the mansion as she need to stay at the hostel. She’s got some project assignment to be done and her class will hold one programme inside the campus next month.

So, the workload becomes double and she’s exhausted as hell when she tries to do the chores at the mansion before. In the end, she ask for Mrs Kim permission a leave from the mansion until she’s really free from her assignment. At least, until the programme is done.

As usual, Mrs Kim never burden her to do the chores at the mansion. But knowing So Min, she will surely become uncomfortable with that. She’s tried to do the chores and the others can tell she’s tired. Her face is pale, and most obvious she’s losing her weight.

Mrs Kim keeps on bugging on Hyun Joong to talk to So Min to quit the job at the mansion and focus on her studying. But, Hyun Joong too become more busy this lately and rarely can be home early.

His nephew and niece always asked about him from Mrs Kim. They’re barely eat breakfast and dinner with him anymore.

Hyun Joong knows how’s So Min’s life and he knows how busy she is now. He didn’t tend to burden her more for her Mummy’s request. He makes her think it for herself and want her to make her own decision.

So, it’s been 2weeks or it can be said almost 3weeks Hyun Joong and So Min meet or talk or whatever. Luckily he hired the bodyguard to report about her.

He never received any bad news about the guy that always with So Min and assume he’s no harm for her. In fact, he didn’t told the PIs and bodyguard to check on him yet.

SO MIN’S CAMPUS

“So Min!”

Soo Hyuk calls her over when he saw her entering the cafeteria. They in the same class for the program being hold soon. So, sometime they will hang out together to discuss more for their project.

“Sorry for being late. My class got drag earlier.”

“It’s fine. Luckily I’m free after this.”

“Oh really? Me and Joo Ri got class in 2hours more. So., I guess you and Ga Yoon will be together later.”

“Okay. For the time being, we can proceed the things we discuss.”

“Yeah.”

Then, Joo Ri and Ga Yoon arrive and they discuss together. Sometime they will laugh and sometime they will bickering over the ideas. Bodyguard Yoon is somewhere near So Min and he’s observing her all the time. He always keeps his eyes open whoever So Min meet and wherever she went.

He being remind by Hyun Joong that his cousin, Hye Kyung also attend the same school as So Min and will always keep an eye for her sometime. Then, he notice Hye Kyung walks towards So Min and her friends. So Min’s back is on Hye Kyung, so both girls didn’t aware of themselves.

Bodyguard Yoon walks fast towards Hye Kyung and distract her by collides with her. Her books drop to the floor and it catches some eyes. So Min heard the commotion and eyed Joo Ri to left to their class.

“Sorry, guys. I think we need to proceed to our class. Ga Yoo, you can continue with Soo Hyuk here. See ya!”

So Min gathers her things and dash from there with Joo Ri. Soo Hyuk and Ga Yoon didn’t manage to utter words when both of them hurrily left the table.

Soo Hyuk shrugs his shoulder and motion to Ga Yoon to continue their discussion. Then, he notice Hye Kyung from afar and run to her.

“Hye Kyung-ah. What’s wrong?”

“Oh, Soo Hyuk-ah. Nothing. It just someone bumped into me and I drop the books.”

“You’re okay? Nothing hurt?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. By the way, we’re you near?”

“De. I’m having my discussion with my classmates there.”

Soo Hyuk pointed to Ga Yoon’s direction and Hye Kyung looks back at him.

“Classmates? As it her alone?”

“No. We’re 4 actually. The others two just left for their class.”

“Oh, okay. I need to go.”

“You’re having your class?”

“Ani. I need to meet my Oppa. It’s been a while I didn’t meet him.”

“Yah. Stop doing that. You know he’s not like that.”

“I don’t care as long as I can meet him. You knows someday he will realise it’s me he’s in love with. Gotta go. Bye!”

Hye Kyung pat his shoulder and left him dumbfounded. He sighs and went back to Ga Yoon. They both stay there for a while before calls it a day.

Meanwhile…

HYUN JOONG’S OFFICE

Hyun Joong just finished his meeting and was walking back to his office when he heard a commotion outside his room. He quickly walks there and found Hye Kyung insists to be inside his room while his secretary tries her best to stop her.

“What’s happening here?”

Upon hears Hyun Joong’s voice, Hye Kyung turns over and instantly clings to Hyun Joong’s arm.

“Oppa. Look at your secretary. She stops me from entering your room.”

Hyun Joong release her from him and walks away from her. He’s really tired to face her this time.

“Thanks, Sheila. I can handle here now.”

“Alright, Sir.”

When his secretary walks past Hye Kyung, they both glares at each other until Sheila point out her tongue to her. Hye Kyung really shocked to that and just looks at her dumbfounded.

“Go home now, Hye Kyung. I have no time to have you here.”

“Oppa. I miss you. It’s been a while we meet.”

“Miss me? What are you talking about? Please, leave.”

Hyun Joong enter his room and loosen his tie a bit before slamp himself on his chair. Hye Kyung stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter