CHAPTER 8: IGNORING OR AVOIDING

In Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a week since Hyun Joong scolds and yelling at So Min in her room. So Min had started her class and been in a busy week. She only be at home at the evening and will continue her chores at the mansion till night.

Since that day, Hyun Joong acted normal like nothing happened before and will keep on busying himself with his work. He will came back in the midnight and will off to work early morning. So Min too tried her best not bumped into him whether inside the mansion or outside.

The fact that she’s scared of him is obvious as she keep on avoiding him when he’s at mansion. She will off to her campus when Hyun Joong already off to work.

Sometime Nanny Song and Ha Eun pity her as she exhausted from her class and need to do the chores later of the day. Mrs Kim also advised her to take it easy as she gave her option to do all the chores on weekend. But, So Min will be So Min. She will never listen to others and she doesn’t like to feel indebted to others.

 

Today will be a second week of her class. She’s still cheerful (or else pretending to be one) as she keep on smiling at the mansion and at her campus. She makes some friends at the campus. She got Min Ah and Joo Ri with her. Both her friends come from Busan and they’re been friends since high school.

They didn’t mind to be friends with So Min as she’s too from Busan. Her character that always smiles and greets politely the others make them feels comfortable with her.

So Min a month late in registered herself as Joo Ri and Min Ah are ahead of her. They always helped her in her assignment at the library.

“Oh, Somin. Where did you stay? Did you move from Busan?”

“De, I’m moved from Busan but only me is here. Omma still there.”

“Where did you live then?”

“Actually, I work at Omma’s friend mansion near this city. It takes 20 minutes to be there from here.”

“Really? You work too?”

“ I had too or else I will feels guilty and indebted towards Mrs Kim.”

“Mrs Kim? Is she your employer?”

“De. She’s like my Omma sometime. But I always remember my position as her maid.”

“A maid?”

Joo Ri and Min Ah shocked to hear her. They never expected her to a maid when she’s still studying.

“Can you arrange your schedule if your work as a maid?”

“For the time being, I still can manage it. If course it tired, but it just a while. once I graduated, I will be able to work and bring my Omma move here.”

So Min smiles at her friends as she told that. When they are on their way to the cafeteria, she’s notice someone.

“Hye Kyung!”

She stops herself and hides at one pillar. Joo Rii and Min Ah weird at her and hides too.

“Waeyo, So Min-ah?”

“It’s nothing. I think I saw someone I know.”

“Yah, Min Ah-ah. Look at that woman. Full of herself.”

Joo Ri whisper to Min Ah as So Min too heard them.

“Who are you talking about?”

“That woman. Hye Kyung. She’s been like that when we’re registered. On that day, she already acted diva and ignores people below than her.”

So Min gulp hard as she just know Hye Kyung study same place as her.

“No wonder I feel something odd this morning.”

“Did you know her?”

“De? Hmm.. Kind of.”

“How?”

“She’s the niece of Mrs Kim.”

“Really?!”

So Min just nodded as she headed to the other way. Suddenly she doesn’t feels to eat and headed to their next class. The entire class she’s been thinking about Hye Kyung and can’t focus on her discussion too.

“So Min-ah. Are you okay? You seem disturbed.”

“I’m fine. Maybe I just tired.”

“Really? What if you apply on staying at the hostel here? You can ask for a leave to your employer saying that it will be easier for you to study. There’s no need for you to do a work as a maid there now. It only take until you finished your study. If not, just quit job. You can focus more on your study too.” Joo Ri suggest that at her as So Min thought for a while.

“...”

“You’re still studying, So Min-ah. Your study is more important now.”

“Alright. I’ll try talk to my Omma.”

“Okay. We can help you too.”

“Thanks, guys.”

“It’s fine. We’re friends after all.”

They both headed to the gate as the class finished for the day. So Min will take a bus and separate with Joo Ri and Min Ah at the gate. It takes awhile for her to wait for the bus.

On her way to the mansion, she’s been thinking hard on quitting her job at the mansion. The bus stop at the entry of the mansion and she need to walk to be there. As she walks, there’s a car approach her and pass her.

She didn’t notice the car as she so into her world. The person inside the car surely notices her but never stop the car.

Hyun Jooog’s POV

“Who’s that?”

He drives his car to the mansion as he recognises the figure. When the car is near the person, he hesitates to stop. So, he speed his car to the mansion.

“Does she not scare to be walking alone like that?”

After debating to himself, he stops his car at the side as he waits for her. He can see the worried on her face when she see his car. She tries to walk past but Hyun Joong already instructs her to be inside.

“Get inside.”

“...”

So Min still standing looking scare at him. He sighs before he walks to her and shoves her inside. So Min startled as she’s being force inside the car.

“Did you walk everyday to the mansion?”

“De. After the bus stop at the junction, I walk back.”

“Alone?”

“De, Sir.”

“Are you not afraid or just dumb?”

“What? Dumb?”

“Yeah. You know the street is far from the mansion. Why you didn’t contact Mr Park to fetch you there.”

“I’m no one to be call someone to fetch me like that. I can manage myself well.”

Hyun Joong shocked when he heard So Min answered him like that. He looks at her for a second and shut his mouth.

“I’m just a maid at the mansion. So, I must act like one. In fact, to be here inside your car is also not appropriate for me. If only I didn’t being force to be inside here, I rather walk alone.”

So Min looks outside the window as she prevents her tears falls. Hyun Joong shut his mouth as he knows he cross the line again. He sigh before h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter