CHAPTER 7: WORRY HEART

In Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you know them, son?” Mrs Kim asked Hyun Joong as he continues drives. He looks briefly at So Min and found that she’s sleeping then to her Mummy at the back.

“No. It got something happen to the car. But, I’ve give them some contact for them to call.”

“Really? But why do I feel something strange?”

“Strange? What is it?”

“I don’t know either. Maybe it just my feelings. By the way, why did you guys came late to the university? I guess So Min refuse, is she?”

“Yeah. She even refuse to change her clothes. Then, we bumped with Hye Kyung.”

“Hye Kyung? What is she doing there?”

“Who knows? She become furious when she So Min with me.”

“Waeyo?”

“I don’t know, Mummy. She always envy when someone close to me. Even my secretary. It really suffocating me sometime.”

“Let her be. She’s just like that. As you didn’t know her right.”

“Yeah. But, please do talk to her. Never bother So Min or talk bad about her.”

“What do you mean?”

“What I’m trying to say is, she thought So Min as a bad person that’s why she work with us.”

“Bad person? Did you mean like a gold digger?”

“Sort of. Please, Mummy?”

“Waeyo? You can talk to her yourself.”

“It’s true, but I think she will listen to you more.”

“Alright.”

As Hyun Joong parks his car, So Min still sleeping and he looks at his Mummy that already walks to the mansion. He scratch his head before wakes her up.

“So Min-shi? So Min-shi?”

He had to call her several time before shakes her shoulder a little. She stir a little and slowly open her eyes. When she finally adjusted to the light, she looks around and found that they already home.

Hyun Joong is already walks to the mansion when So Min begins to stir. He didn’t wait any longer and left her alone inside the car.

“What? He just left me?”

So  Min quickly get down from the car and as soon as she close the door, the car’s door in locked as Hyun Joong has press the button at his keys. He looks at her with his smirk before enter the mansion.

“Where’s So Min?”

Hyun Joong didn’t answer her Mummy but he point at her using his thumb signalling that she’s at the back.

“What’s wrong with her?”

Again, he just shrugs his shoulders and head to his room.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“I’m tired. I want to sleep.”

It’s true, he’s tired as he never stops working. He looks as he pushed himself into the works. Mrs Kim always remind him to take it easy, but he just a workaholic, there’s nothing she can do with his son.

So Min walks past behind her and she looks at her.

“Oh, So Min? Gwenchana? You look pale.”

Mrs Kim notice her face become pale and she holds her cheeks.

“Omo! You’re burning. You have a fever?”

“Fever? No, I’m fine. Maybe I’m just tired.”

“Really? We can go to the clininc...”

“It’s fine, Maam. I’ll just change my clothes and head to the kitchen then. Excuse me.”

So Min walks to her room at the back and Mrs Kim still look worriedly at her. She sigh before proceed to her room. It’s still in the morning when they back and there still got time before Ji Eun and Ji Hoo back form school.

The maid including So Min has prepare the lunch for their Maam and Sir when So Min almost fainted at the kitchen.

“Omo! So Min! Be careful.”

Ha Eun manage to catch her and she can feels that she’s burning.

“What’s wrong, child?”

Nanny Song come to them and examines So Min for a while. Ha Eun had bought So Min to sit at the dining table and get the water. Nanny Song notices her right wrist is swollen and tries to hold it. As Nanny Song hold it, So Min winch in pain and tries to release her hand from Nanny Song.

“What’s wrong with your wrist?”

“It’s nothing. Maybe I sprained it..”

“But, how come? You didn’t do a heavy chores, right.”

“...”

“So Min?”

“My head hurt.. my throat also..”

“You’re burning. You have a fever. Did you know that?” Ha Eun scold her as she handed her a glass of water.

“Komawo, Unnie.”

“Let’s get you to the clinic after this. I can accompany you.”

“There’s no need for that. I just take the medicine and rest.”

“Are you sure?”

So Min just nodded as she finish the water and head back into the kitchen.

“Ha Eun. You can call Maam and Sir for lunch. Me and So Min can finish this.”

Nanny Song instructs Ha Eun and all of them get to work again. Nanny Song always keeps an eye at So Min. She’s afraid So Min will collapse anytime.

“So Min?” Nanny Song call her over and So Min smiles weakly as she headed to Nanny Song.

“De, Nanny?”

“Go get a rest. Me and Ha Eun can manage. There’s not much left here.”

“But..”

“You looks sick to me. You’re face look pale. Did you take your medicine?”

“Not yet. But, I will take it after this. There’s still work to do.”

“You should rest now. Or else your sick will get worse.”

“Don’t worry, Nanny. I’ve used to this. I can handle it.”

“Alright. If you said so. Here, bring this plate to the table.”

“De.”

So Min carefully brings the plates to the table. Her head become heavy but she ignores it and does her work. Mrs Kim and Hyun Joong is already at the table and she quickly place the plate in front of them.

“So Min? How your fever?”

“Fever?”

Hyun Joong interrupt his Mummy as he looks briefly at her. So Min lower her head and answer Mrs Kim.

“I’m fine, Maam. There’s nothing to worry. Thank you for asking.”

“Did you take your medicine?”

“I will after I finish all this.”

“What? You haven’t taken it yet? Now, go to your room and rest. I will ask Ha Eun or Nanny Song to bring the medicine.”

Hyun Joong on the other hand, already start eating and didn’t bother to interrupt their conversation. Once in a while, he will looks briefly at them and ignore it after that.

“It’s fine, Maam. I can manage it.”

“Have you seen your face? Now go to your room. Ha Eun! Nanny Song!”

Ha Eun and Nanny Song come fast as they heard their name being called.

“Yes, Maam?”

“Bring So Min to her room. Nanny Song, make some porridge for her and give her medicine. Make sure to make her eat that.”

“De, Maam.”

Ha Eun drags So Min to her room and treats her like a little kid.

“I’m not a kid. I can change my clothes by myself.”

“I know. But knowing you, you will never listen. Here, take this and change your clothes. Then, come here back quickly.”

“Arasso.”

So Min walks slowly to the bathroom and close the door. It’s taking a while when Ha Eun feels something strange inside the bathroom.

“So Min? Are you finish?”

“A little more, Unnie.”

“Okay, You can call me...”

She didn’t manage to finish her words as she heard something falls inside the bathroom. Ha Eun become startled and she continue to knock the door repeatedly.

“So Min? Yah, So Min? Are you alright?”

“Yah, So Min? Answer me!”

When there is no answer, she runs to the dining room and meet with Mrs Kim. Hyun Joong just finished his lunch and headed to the stairs.

“Maam..”

“What’s wrong, Ha Eun? Did you give So Min the medicine?”

“No.. She’s..”

Ha Eun become stuttering and Mrs Kim scold her to speaks more clear. Hyun Joong stops at the stairs when he heard Mrs Kim scolds Ha Eun. He looks at the woman questionly.

“Yah! What happen to you? Why are you sweating?”

“So Min... she’s inside the bathroom. I think she’s falls inside. The door can’t be open. I called her several time...”

“What?!”

Mrs Kim shocked and before she tend to call Hyun Joong, he already run to So Min’s room and knock on the door loudly.

“So Min? Did you hear me? So Min?!”

“The keys... Ha Eun, where did you keep the spare keys?”

“Spare keys?”

Ha Eun become blur as she shakes a little. Hyun Joong went to her and holds her shoulders. Nanny Song is the last one to arrive and went beside Mrs Kim. All of them looks worried when So Min didn’t answer from the inside.

“Stop shaking. Now, tell me where is the spare keys?”

“Spare keys? I.. I get it now.”

“Thanks.”

“Nanny, call Dr Lee now. Asked him to come over.” Mrs Kim instruct Nanny Song and went beside Hyun Joong after that.

“De.”

Not long after that, Ha Eun come with a spare keys in her hands and hand it over Hyun Joong.

“Which one is the key?”

“I’m.. I’m not sure.”

Hyun Joong sighs and tries several keys before manage to open the door. He push the door and found a towel rack is falling and there’s So Min beside it.

“So Min!”

As Mrs Kim and Ha Eun heard him call for So Min, they enter the bathroom and get to her side.

“Hyun Joong, palli. Take her to the bed.”

“De?”

“Take her to the bed. She’s burning and it become worst than before.”

Hyun Joong become speechless and numb when he saw So Min lying on the floor.

“Kim Hyun Joong! Palli!”

Hyun Joong nodded to the Mummy and gently lifts So Min in his arms. He totally shocked when he touch her body.

“It’s really hot.”

He mumbles under his breath and head towards the bed. He places her on her bed and Mrs Kim adjusting So Min and covers her with a blanket. So Min’s face look real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter