23 years later,

A Different Field of Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23 years later,

The one and the only place that is hectic, and with high tension; it would be the hospital. There are many reasons why people hate the hospitals so much as to avoid them. It is the perfect place for life to be given, and death to loom around. They say that 4 babies are born within a second, while nearly 2 people had gone from the world within that same second. It has been the irony, but it’s called life itself.

In some other country, some would say that once you are born, you are in a sense of living and dying at the same time. That’s why people age as they grow older, and diseases come forth faster than any lightning strike. Tragedy and sorrow hit each one at one point in time, and it is inevitable for them to go against fate. That is what mankind been doing. Fighting against time just for another session with their family; for another hug, kiss, and for joy.

The day where someone precious is lost is when part of the person affected would be lost. No matter how hard, it could never be found. It’s buried along with the dead, as one could say. One could mention about the person, but the euphoric pleasure is never going to be there anymore. That’s why families are created for that single purpose. This is where it begins and ends every day.

The night started as Hye Jung was changing her clothes. It may be her first day, but she wasn’t that unprofessional to move away. Outside of the silent peace that she had in the room would be the ER, where chaos was heavier than usual.

“Bring me the doctor!” A group of men in black suits entered as they settled their boss down. “Doctor! Doctor!”

As the noise was getting higher and one of the residents almost getting punched, Hye Jung stepped in and gripped hard and the gangster’s wrist.

“Who are you? A paramedic?” He examined her from the top to the bottom, disdain in his eyes that would have insulted any woman, and she certainly didn’t like the man’s mindset of women being weaker than men.

“Can’t you tell by looking? I’m a doctor.” Her eyes were stern as the man tried to release his wrist from her, only to remain unbudging. She easily flanked the gangster to another corner of the ER, scaring half of the onlookers.

“This is where patients are treated.” She spoke with authority, “Leave unless you are a patient.”

One of them growled, “Who are you to tell my boss what to do?”

“I’m the one who is treating him.” With a nonchalant attitude, she continued. “I must

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter