The Beginning

A Different Field of Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight-year-old Yoo Hye Jung cried to herself as she ran out of the house. Both of her parents were always fighting for no reason, and she hated it really badly. Leaving the house is enticing, but the only one that could take care of her would be……

“Halmeoni?” Right in front of her happened to be her own grandmother, Kang Mal-soon. “Why are you here?”

Her grandmother hugged her as she continued to cry on her shoulders. “Let’s go, Hye Jung.” She carried the young child as they walked away from the house of chaos. Hye Jung swore hard that she would work hard to support only and only her grandmother and mother. Her mother loves her very much, and she would like her mother to live in comfort.

---------------------------

Standing under the rain, Hye Jung stared at those words. Right in front of her is the picture of her mother. She hated the new family members that they were getting, seeing that they were cheerful being with each other when a funeral is right in front of them.

“Monsters……” She gritted her teeth.

Some who heard her were worried for the child; Hye Jung clenched her hands in anger.

“Hye Jung ah…….” Her grandmother consoled her, but she has other plans. Hye Jung moved towards that family of 3, darkening her eyes as she almost scowled.

“Monsters! All of you!” She screamed at them, anger oozing out. A single slap was all that’s needed to silent the room. The anger from Hye Jung suddenly stopped, looking straight into her fath- no…… her donor’s eyes.

“Hye Jung ah, let’s go already.” Her grandmother persuaded her as they moved away, only to be stopped by that woman.

“Ya! Is this how you talk to us, your parents?!”

Hye Jung stopped her tracks, “Appa? Eomma? They died while leaving me here with Halmeoni. I have no other relatives than her.” She walked away back home, knowing that she didn’t want to see them ever again.

A few days later, Hye Jung was walking around the neighborhood when someone walking towards her collapsed out of nowhere. She was reminded of her mother, and she rushed onwards to the man.

“Please help this man!” Hye Jung shouted as people started to phone for the hospital. Just as everyone was panicking, Hong Doo-sik came out of a store to find the situation out in the streets. He ran over to the man, seeing a little girl in front of him.

“Ajussi! Ajussi!” Doo-sik knelt down to check on the patient.

“Are you related to him?” Hye Jung shook her head, “He just collapsed in pain about 5 minutes ago,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter