Checks of The Unknown

A Different Field of Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“When did the tremor begin?”

She thought for a moment before answering, “It’s been like this since last year. At first, I noticed that drinking alcohol alleviates the hand tremor so I drank before I went to a few games. But that got me….. in big trouble.” She made a difficult expression, like a child who got caught stealing from a cookie jar.

“So do you still drink alcohol?”

She seemed offended for some reason, or ‘defensive’ in Hye Jung’s words, Ji Hong noted “I’m not that weak-willed, uisa-nim. I don’t come from a rich family. I’ve work very hard to get to where I am now on my own, but the result is……” She lifted her left hand, internally surprising Ji Hong with the way it shook.

Worse than before, it made Ji Hong ponder about this case. As a team with Hye Jung, they have done such cases only once or twice. The tremors were uncontrollable in their accord.

“Will you be able to fix this? I can do anything if this one hand doesn’t shake like this.” She begged as she looked at her hand with worry.

“Let’s do some tests. Hand tremors can be caused by various factors, so finding out the root cause isn’t easy.”

The Olympist felt crestfallen, with words of “Let’s forget it then. Even the doctors who were convinced that they could fix it failed.” Her eyes were cold and calculative, but not as much cold and calculative as Hye Jung’s. “I don’t want to leave it in hands of someone who isn’t sure.”

Ji Hong gave a mental scoff to that attitude. Handling Hye Jung with her tantrum has helped him a lot with the patient’s attitude since she swings wider in the emotion category. “You’re impatient and quick to judge.” He leaned back in his chair once more, relaxing him from the stress. “You were probably not like this in the past up until you got the gold medal in the Olympics.”

That made her pause for a moment, all the hard work that she had done had slowly became arrogance, and an athlete would fall from such a disaster, she internally gasped at what she had become.

“You can trust me because I’m not certain. Those who excel in what they do always doubt themselves. That’s how they prevent their mistakes.” She knew those words, the very words that her coach had mentioned to her once before. She had forgotten all about them, and was supposed to be a professional in her work!

----------------------

Kang Soo spoke to the mother-daughter duo professionally, explaining the normal procedure for the surgery.

“They must be done during the month prior to the surgery. If it goes over a month,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter