Friction Between Rough Edges

A Different Field of Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seo Woo smiled as the woman whom they helped from the place where she had her date with Yoon Do have their date responded to her. With all that she had done over there, she felt responsible for her. Yoon Do just finished a call when she saw Hye Jung.

Seo Woo decided to hang out with Hye Jung since she has been with her far more times for the past few weeks as well as during their time in high school. Hye Jung is also her motivation to move out of the house since her parents always had high expectations of her even up to now. She didn’t want to face them too much lest something came up.

Walking through the area while moving to check on patients, Kyung Joon rushed towards them. “Prof. Yoo, Dr. Jung wants you to assist him for this surgery.”

Seo Woo was confused while Hye Jung frowned, “Is it that important that we need 2 staff members for this surgery? Why not Dr. Jin?”

“The patient is age 15. He fainted on his way to school and was found to have his daughter sac ruptured. It’s a complicated case.” Hye Jung looked thoughtful for a moment, only to answer. “Andwae.”

Kyung Joon looked at her shocked. Yoon Do who happened to hear the answer asked. “Is there anything wrong with you assisting me?”

“As far as I know, Dr. Jin has always been your assistant.” Hye Jung informed, “This case is not as complicated that it needs 2 staff members.”

“Then what about you and Prof. Hong?” Yoon Do questioned.

“We have been partners for years, comfortable working with each other and has the best rate of success no matter what.” Hye Jung announced.

“So you refuse to work with me. Then you should operate on him yourself. Then I’ll approve you.” Hye Jung smiled, but even Seo Woo knows that that smile means big trouble.

“What if my surgery without Prof. Hong is a success?”

“I’ll do whatever you want.”

The glint in her eyes scared Seo Woo internally. Seeing her best friend challenged is not a funny thing, in fact, it gets scarier with that glint in her eyes.

He continued, “I have a lot of respect for Dr. Kim, so I was going to let it slide. But you act like a punk. You neither seem to understand the position you have here. If you have an attitude problem when you’re incompetent as a doctor, it only makes sense that you leave.”

Instead of being annoyed, Hye Jung laughed. “If I am to leave, I’ll probably be in United States working for Mayo C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter