The Calm Before The Storm

A Different Field of Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hong drank his cup of tea in the airplane when he took a glance to his right where a lady has problems with her hand while drinking wine. With the tremors on her hand, Ji Hong could come up with a few explanations for her problem. She gripped her trembling hand and questioned herself about the problem.

“What wrong with me…?”

“Have you been checked?” He asked as he analyzed the situation.

The lady gave a look of disbelieve, “Stop flirting. I’m aware that you’ve been staring for a while.”

Ji Hong smiled, “You’re both overly aggressive and more defensive than necessary. How long has your hand shaken like that?”

“Why do you want to know?” She asked with a nonchalant tone, “Are you a doctor?”

“Deh, I’m a doctor.”

“So what?”

“Peripheral nerves can be temporarily stimulated to cause the hands to tremble. But brain malfunctions can also be the cause.”

She didn’t seem to believe him at all, “I am only 25 years old. I’m too young for such brain malfunctions.” Ji Hong had a look of understanding, but he needed to assess the situation a little more. “I know you’re a doctor, but aren’t you overstepping your boundary?”

“You’re right. I think it’s a basic trait that all doctors need to possess.” He stated.

Another round of disbelieve and ridicule from her face, “You’re a smooth talker, aren’t you? I think you would’ve made a great news anchor too.”

Ji Hong let out a laugh, “I’m sorry if I offended you.”

The conversation ended, since she was standing up and moving away from her seat. But the situation escalated further when the lady collapsed on the side, scaring everyone in the first class. He put the magazine down as she convulsed around. Thankfully, the onlookers weren’t so close to the patient except for the flight attendants. She was struggling in pain as he helped her with the current condition.

“I need a cushion.” One of the attendants obeyed as she took one and he slotted it to the back of her neck.

“Are you a doctor?” The male attendant asked.

“Deh, I’m a licensed neurosurgeon. Do you have a first-aid kit?”

“Deh.”

“There should be Lorazepam inside. I need it quickly, please.” Holding her down is a difficult task, instructing them to hold her while one of them grabbed the first-aid kit. Opening up the kit, he took up the bag of bottles where Lorazepam was held. Taking up a syringe, he took up the medication into the syringe before inserting it into her body. One of them was pumping oxygen into her body so that they could let her last longer.

“When will we be landing? She doesn’t have much time. Have you contacted the emergency centre at Gukil Medical Center?”

“Deh, emergency response w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter