Cold War

A Different Field of Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Jung moved off to the office as one of the nurses greeted her. Everything was set up except for the password on the computer, she could excuse for that since each doctor has different passwords to their own computer. She quickly settled down as she started with her work. The screens in front of her were shown of different information, but Hye Jung disregarded them as she welcomed her first outpatient for the day.

“What brought you to the hospital?” Her voice slowly died down when she realized who the person was in front of her.

“As you can see……” The woman did the same as both of them looked at each other in silence. “Oh.”

“What is it?” Her daughter asked as the woman looked around frantically for evidence. The picture with her grandmother as by the side and the nameplate of {Yoo Hye Jung} were written nicely.

“How is this possible?” Hye Jung stoically looking at her as she continued to panic.

“What’s wrong, Eomma? You’re embarrassing me.” She composed herself as she sent a greeting out.

“Long time no see.”

“Eomma…….” Her daughter was confused. Hye Jung merely moved her head towards the screen, wondering why they were here.

“This is your sister Hye Jung.” She looked at her mother and her unknown half-sister.

“Let’s do an MRI scan first. Go with the nurse. She’ll tell you where to go.” The nurse herself was surprised that she was almost caught off guard, making sure that she would guide them properly.

“Come with me, please.” The tension was in the room, and Hye Jung didn’t like that one bit. It has been 23 years since she left them, and 13 years since she ever saw them during her grandmother’s funeral.

“Is that really Hye Jung?” Yoo Na questioned, “Why is she pretending not to know you?”

“She was always that rude.” She felt like cussing Hye Jung out. If only she could get everything done her way……. As the next patient was going into the room, she barged into the room, screaming. “You! Are you ignoring your own Eomma!? You’re Hye Jung, aren’t you?”

With cold eyes, she inquired. “Since when were you my Eomma?”

“How could you say that IN FRONT OF ALL THESE PEOPLE!?” Hye Jung could see that her patient that was waiting was getting uncomfortable that they covered their daughter’s ears and eyes. “Aren’t you embarrassed to be a doctor and treat your mother like this?”

She will not reveal her feelings here if it meant using her cards. “I won’t admit to anything that isn’t true because people are watching. There’s no way you will be my Eomma. Wake up if you think you can use people against me, murderer. You’re right. I’m Hye Jung.”

“Mu-Murderer!? What have I done to you to say that?!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter