Memories of The Past: Childish Bickering

A Different Field of Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ajussi!” She jumped in surprise as her fish was now out of the water. “H-How long have you been here? A-And with Ji Hong-Oppa?” She stuttered, embarrassed that she didn’t notice anyone coming near her. Doo-sik laughed as she patted her head.

“Since the time where you started your katas,” He recollected, as Hye Jung covered her face from her performance. “And I can see a wonderful, fierce lady in the making.” Doo-sik and Ji Hong laughed soft-heartedly. “It’s beautiful, Hye Jung ah. How did you manage to learn that?”

“Halmeoni says that she feels bad for me since I always work hard to earn scholarships on my own, so she wanted to spend something on me other than soft toys.” Hye Jung shied away as she looks down towards the floor, “Halmeoni also says that I’m becoming a prodigy in the making but I don’t really understand what she is saying.” Doo-sik could understand Mal-Soon actually; since Hye Jung looks like she has a lot of potentials.

He really wondered whose genes she has inherited that she could be so smart in her own way. Ji Hong has other plans. “Don’t worry, Hye Jung ah. Your Halmeoni knows what she’s talking about. You will know it when you are older.” Hye Jung huffed and wanted to look angry, only to seem like she was pouting cutely. Ji Hong absent-mindedly patted her head, which angered her all the more.

“Stupid Oppa,” She muttered under her breath, however, Ji Hong heard it loud and clear.

“What?!” Though he has been through this kind of things, but it doesn’t mean that he would appreciate such comments. “Crazy nerd!”

“Then what are you?! Defenseless nerd!” The banter between the two increased, Doo-sik stared at the two kids. Well……. A teenager and a child that is, but both of them are just children to him. It is like a real family with children who had decided to fight because they felt like it. He felt like the father who needed to intervene before it goes from bad to worse.

“Arraso, Arraso; stop with the arguing, kids.” Doo-sik convinced the both of them.

“I’m not a kid, Abeoji!” Hye Jung crunched her face.

“And you sound so old when you say that~” She teased while Ji Hong flared up.

“You are just a kid, midget!” Her eyes narrowed in anger. In a whim, she did a high kick on him who fell on the ground. He winced in pain as he rubbed against his injury. Doo-sik was on the verge of laughing, but the fishing rod of Hye Jung’s was tugging again. Apparently while fidgeting around, she threw the line once more and let the fish bite on it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter