Hidden Side: Colder than Ice

A Different Field of Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Turns out her intuition came true as the assailant appeared.

“Freeze.” Her tone was as cold as ice, and it sent shivers down the men’s spines. “Put down the knife.”

“Do you know who he is? If you find out, you will regret saving him.”

“Al-a. Male, 35 years old, the Boss of a Mafia family who succeeded his father’s organization.” Hye Jung’s eyes were chilling that the assailant was shaking. “Judging by your ways, one of your family members died because of him.”

“He’s an evil himself. Do you want to know how he killed my little brother? Do you want to know how he destroyed my family? Do you want to know what he did to me!?” Each sentence grew with anger, pointing his knife to the Boss.

“If you are going to do the same thing to him, then you are no different from him.” His eyes and mouth were quivering in fear as each word from felt very heavy. “Your family would be disappointed in you, they would disown you as a son; your little brother would hate you forever.” By then the man was screaming away, telling her to stop. The Boss was surprised with the cold attitude that she gave. It was scary that the smiling woman who always checks on him became one of the coldest.

With little resistance, she handcuffed the man while calling, “This is Yoo Hye Jung here. The target has been apprehended.” A few policemen appeared on the scene immediately, only to realize that their target had already been reduced to a blubbering mess. Looking up to the one responsible, they winced and pity for the captured man.

With a few questioning, the place was quickly evacuated. Yoon Do who happened that he needed to find Hye Jung stood stunned; her expression isn’t like normal as she was talking to one of the officers.

“Prof. Yoo.” Yoon Do greeted as he glanced around confused. The tension that used to be there suddenly vanished, Hye Jung smiled awkwardly while the remaining officers could take a breath that they didn’t realize that they were holding.

“Oh, Dr. Jung, is there anything you need?”

“I was going to ask if you could take care of my patient today.” Yoon Do hesitated, “But is there something wrong?”

Hye Jung shook her head, “Just a little mishap, don’t worry!” She was smiling away, the officers stiffening a little with her words. It was anything but a mishap!

Yoon Do almost took a step back, but he couldn’t see why. He really wondered why he started liking this woman in front of him.

-----------------------------

Ji Hong could feel his senses tingling as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter