Memories of The Past: Truce With Comfort

A Different Field of Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The silence was deafening enough as Ji Hong’s eyes grew dark at the revelation. “Isn’t he supposed to be your father?” His mouth moved into a frown as he moved off to her ankle to soothe the pain. “He’s supposed to take care of his own blood right?”

“That’s what everyone thinks. That donor doesn’t even take a look at me, goes off to his mistress and listening to her delirious lies.” She huffed as she angrily wiped her tears, “If he really cares about me, I would have heard Eomma saying something like he smiled at me when I was a toddler.”

Ji Hong noted that she was smarter than anyone imagined, and she is growing up fast on her own. He knew that he didn’t really experience much, but years of being alone have become to what it happened as a fair share of forced growing on his part. Many at times, he was glad that he was adopted during his later years. He decided to do what it’s best; he hugged her with comfort.

Hye Jung, not knowing much about comfort, was confused by the contact given. Tears started to flow from her eyes, and she felt lost for once. Surprised and the sudden fear of being laughed at, she wanted to push away Ji Hong, only to have him rubbing against her back as she badly bawled her eyes out. It has been a long time since she had lived with her grandmother that she has ever cried.

Never mind the times where she had to go back to that not-so-homely house that she went, she had to take in stride for the fact that she only has herself to protect from trouble. Never once did she cry in front of her grandmother, and there she is now, crying and screaming how cruel the world was to allow suffering.

She hoped for peace; where peace in the world could just bring in true happiness in a smile. Maybe talking to a stranger/friend has helped her a lot, seeing that she was releasing her emotions to someone who she isn’t close to.

Maybe…….

Just maybe, she should act as a child for once.

--------------------------

Closing to afternoon, Mal-Soon entered the house, only to find broken house-ware and unconsciously cursed colorfully that no child should hear. She quickly moved to the room, finding her granddaughter, only to be surprised by the scene right in front of her. Hye Jung was cuddling up to Ji Hong’s tall body, scrunched in a way that seemed uncomfortable but sleeping soundly despite the weight on top of him.

Hye Jung looked like she had received Christmas early as her head was on top of his chest. Any slight movement from Ji Hong would make her clutch tighter than before, relaxing when no other movement has been made. She frowned with the movement, still unaware of her grandmother looking at this scene.

For a person who has been taking care of children, or in this case,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter