Feelings of the Past

A Different Field of Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Do was staring at her while his uncle, Jung Pa-Ran saw the stoning of his nephew. He looked at his nephew confused and moved towards him.

“What are you doing?” Yoon Do finally realized that Pa-Ran was in front of him, putting down his hands. Pa-Ran only then remembered something after seeing him, clapped his hands and spoke. “It’s good that I ran into you. Let me sleep at your place tonight.”

Yoon Do felt something amiss, “Why would you sleep at my place? You have a house with a model.”

Pa-Ran gave a grim look, “I don’t want to go home because of that model.”

“You were so in love with her.”

“She wants to get married.” He gave a groan, “I asked her to break up, and now she won’t leave the house.”

Yoon Do felt very frustrated. “Just settle down.”

“You know my father. He’s your grandfather. He was married three times, and he had girlfriends when he wasn’t. Even during the marriage, he secretly met girls. And your father, who is my elder brother, swore that he will never be like father, but he’s preparing for his second divorce now. Nobody settles down in my family.” Each and every sentence seemed to be even grimmer than the next, and Yoon Do was preparing to blame on the DNA of his family.

“I am going to change the DNA.” Yoon Do declared.

“I thought like that too when I first got married. But no matter what you do, your genes never change. Will you let me stay or not?” Pa-Ran asked.

With a stoic look, Yoon Do looked straight into his uncle’s face. “I can’t tell you the password.”

The grim look from his uncle came back, groaning in frustration. “Why are you so inflexible? You can just change the password.”

But by then Yoon Do was already thinking of other things, “That’s right. That’s true.”

“What’s wrong with you? You seem dazed. By any chance, do you like the girl who just passed by?” Pa-Ran teased.

He gave an incredulous look to his uncle, “What are you talking about?”

“I’m just kidding.” Pa-Ran mentally backed away from the incoming argumentative tone from him, “Prof. Hong will be joining your department next week, majayo? Be nice to him. He’s my best mate.”

He gave a very tired sigh for that. “I already blew that.” With that he walked away, leaving his uncle surprised. It wasn’t Ji Hong that he blew the meeting with, but rather Hye Jung. Hye Jung and Ji Hong are already close friends, and that blew up the record of having a good colleague relationship.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter