24

Lee Saerin, the new maid

 

Saerin’s POV:

 

Kwangmin walked with me out of the school and we walked to a snack shop. He fed me ddeokbbeoki just like our last hang out, except now we were a couple and not just friends. I was surprised out how quickly time had gone by. It felt like things zoomed by. Who knew I’d actually be going to school again? 

 

“Saerin,” Kwangmin poked my cheek. 

 

“Hmm?” 

 

“What are you thinking about?” he asked. 

 

“Nothing much. Just.. Life I guess.” I answered. Kwangmin nodded and placed a rice cake in his mouth. I did too and chewed as I continued to think. 

 

“Kwangmin-ah,” I said, “is Youngmin okay?” Kwangmin stopped chewing and looked at me. 

 

“I don’t know.” he answered honestly. 

 

“Jiyune Unnie told me about his girl problem... Is that why he did what he did?” I asked. 

 

Kwangmin sighed, “Probably. I’m sorry, Saerin.” 

 

“Is that why you asked if I’d stay with you?” Kwangmin slowly nodded. I smiled to myself. He was worried I’d leave him. “Please don’t worry. Like I said before, I’ll stay with you for as long as I can.” I smiled. Kwangmin gave me a small smile before eating some more. We ate in silence for the rest of the time and just enjoyed each other’s company. 

 

After our little snack break, Kwangmin and I went home. When we entered, my unnies greeted us. They bombarded me with questions about my first day. “How was it?” “Did you make friends?” “Any cute guys?” All these questions made me laugh. 

 

“Unnies! Let me at least change first!” They moved out of the way and I took the elevator to my room. Kwangmin stepped in with me. The elevator door closed and didn’t move. “Aren’t you going to press a number? We need to go up.” I told him. I pressed my number and the elevator started moving. Kwangmin smoothly walked in front of me and hugged my waist, causing me to stand a little higher and look up at him. He had a small smirk on his face. “What... What are you doing?” I furrowed my eyebrows. He kissed the part between my eyebrows making them relax again. I laughed slightly as he looked at my smiling face. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I tiptoed and kissed his nose. Kwangmin chuckled. The elevator door opened again, but I was trapped in Kwangmin’s arms. “Let me go!” I wiggled, but he held on tighter, still smirking. 

 

“Not just yet. I like having you in my arms.” Kwangmin said and hugged me closer to him. He placed his chin on my head and I wrapped my arms around him tighter. We stayed like that for a while, long enough for the elevator to close again. 

 

“Okay... I need to go. I need to help with dinner now.” I whispered. 

 

“Can I come with you to your room?” Kwangmin began to become greasy. 

 

“Yah!” I said and whacked his arm. He just laughed. 

 

“It’s not like we haven’t been in a room alone together before.” he stated. 

 

“Yeah, but that was for education!” I defended. 

 

“You could teach me something.” Kwangmin wiggled his eyebrows. 

 

“Aigoo you 4D, erted little boy. Go away!” I laughed and ran out of the elevator. He followed me and just was I was about to close the door, he stopped it with his hand. 

 

“Wae??” I whined. Kwangmin pushed the door so it was open. He stepped in and pressed me against the wall. He gripped both my hands with his and put his forehead against mine. 

 

“I just wanted to tell you.. That I like you a lot, Saerin. I care about you a lot. I think I have a feeling that you’re going to think about Youngmin a lot now and that if you wanted to go back with him... I’d completely understand, but I would still try and fight for you. Every moment we spend together means the world to me. I hope you know that, but if your heart desires my brother, I’d let you go and be happy, because I just love you that much.” Kwangmin poured his heart out to me. I appreciated his honesty whole-heartedly. 

 

“Thank you.” was all I could say. Kwangmin nodded before leaving my room. I changed to more comfortable clothes and went into the kitchen to get to work, Kwangmin’s words never leaving my head and heart. 

 

In the kitchen, I answered all of my unnie’s questions and helped make dinner. I told them about the girls who said bad things about me and the boys who thought I was cute. I told them about my awkward teacher and also a bit of Youngmin’s attitude. They all gave me knowing looks.

“I remember those days. I hated high school.” Gyuwon admitted. 

 

“Really? I loved my high school years.” Seulgi raised an eyebrow. 

 

“I--” Soyeon was cut off. 

 

“Let’s serve them okay?” Jiyune pushed us out and made us serve dinner to the family. They happily thanked us and ate. We went to a different room and began to eat as well. I laughed with my unnie’s as we talked about random stuff. This first day was looking alright. I just wondered how the rest of my high school experience was going to be like.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Short update! :] Nothing else to say XD Sorry it's still boring... I'm thinking! I really am! It'll come to me and yeah... :b K... GOODNIGHT! ^^