19

Lee Saerin, the new maid

 

Kwangmin’s POV:

 

I lead Youngmin into my room and he sat down on my bed. I sat across from him in my chair. “Why did you bring me in here?” Youngmin asked. 

 

“Because, we need to talk.” I stated simply. 

 

“About..?” Youngmin gave a questioning look. 

 

“Yah! Are you really stupid?! Saerin of course!” I raised my voice a little. 

 

“Oh.. Right.. Her..” Youngmin looked at the ground and started to fiddle with his feet. 

 

“Youngmin-ah.. Are you okay?” I asked. I knew the answer, but asked anyways. 

 

“No. I’m not okay. You totally took her from me like that!! It wasn’t fair!!” Youngmin cried. 

 

“Well, you kissed her and then took it back! Who does that?! You knew her feelings and then played with her. Maybe not intentionally, but you still did. She was so sad that day.” I explained. 

 

“I know. I know. I saw it in her eyes. She actually snapped at me.” Youngmin continued to play with his feet. 

 

“I could imagine why. Anyways, you’re not scared or anything are you? You’re over what happened before, right?” I said with a softer tone. 

 

Youngmin finally met my eyes. “I think I was a little. I still am. I don’t want it to happen again.” I walked over to his side and sat down next to him. Gently, I pat his back as he sighed out. 

 

Saerin’s POV:

 

I walked back to my room to put my books away and change back into my maid uniform. While changing, I couldn’t help but wonder what the twins were talking about. Maybe one of my unnies knew something I didn’t? There was still some time before we had to start dinner, so I went to visit Jiyune unnie. 

 

Knocking lightly, I pushed the door open. “Unnie... I’m coming in.” I said. 

 

“Saerin-ah! Come in!” Jiyune happily pat the spot next to her on her bed. I smiled and opened the door fully and walked comfortably to her bed. Plopping down next to her, I smiled. “What’s up?” 

 

“I have a question for you.” I played with my fingers. 

 

“What question? Shoot.” she smiled. 

 

“Did something happen to one of the twins before that you might know about?” I asked. Kwangmin and Youngmin seemed to be talking about something serious. 

 

“Hmm,” Jiyune thought, then she had a lightbulb moment, “Oh yeah! I think I know what you’re asking about. Youngmin had some girl problems when he was younger.” 

 

“Girl problems? What girl problems?” I scrunched my eyebrows together. 

 

“When he was in middle school, he really liked this one girl. He would do a lot of things for this girl like carry her bag or make her lunch, etc. He would stick by this girl and what was mean was she didn’t push him away, but she didn’t accept him either. Youngmin followed this girl for most of middle school. On the last day of school, during their mini-graduation, he was going to confess and ask her out. Before he could say a word to her she said, ‘Stop following me, Youngmin. It’s so creepy. Gosh. I will never like you, can’t you see?!’ And she walked off laughing with her friends. Youngmin was devastated and he was so sad, he didn’t smile for months. Since then, the way he treated girls was different. He might be nice to them, but if they ever got too close, he would push them away even if he doesn’t mean to. Youngmin does that to us, you see? Not that he doesn’t like us, but he’s afraid.” Jiyune explained the whole story to me. I nodded calmly on the outside, but on the inside I felt sad and sorry for him. No wonder he pushed me away like that. He was scared and unsure. 

 

“Thanks for the story, Unnie. It helped a lot.” I smiled at her a bowed. 

 

“You know you never did tell me what happened the night of our little outing.” Jiyune gave me a knowing look. 

 

I sighed and realized that I really hadn’t told her. “Long story short, both twins like me, I think... And that night, Youngmin kissed me and then told me he was just playing. Kwangmin took me out and, you know the rest.” I said. Jiyune nodded and gave me an encouraging smile. 

 

“I’m sure you and the twins will figure this out. Hwaiting!” she pumped a fist for me. I giggled and pumped my own fist. 

 

“Hwaiting!” 

 

Youngmin’s POV:

 

Kwanmin gently pat my back and comforted me. Even if we liked the same girl at the moment, he was still my brother and would always act like one to me at the right times. I gave him a grateful look and he nodded at me with a smile. “You know, Kwangmin, you’re awesome.” I said. 

 

He chuckled, “Thanks. You’re pretty cool, too.” We never said ‘I love you’ to each other because it was too weird, but every time we complimented each other, we knew what it meant. 

 

“I think I’m alright now. Just so you know, I’m going to fight for her. Some how...” I mumbled the last part. 

 

Kwangmin chuckled again. “Alright, Youngmin. May the best man win?” he stuck out a hand. 

 

“May the best man win.” I shook my twin’s hand. 

 

I left Kwangmin’s room and walked past the hallway to the rest of his floor. Sometimes, I wished the attractions on this floor were on my own, but I was happy with what I had. What surprised me was seeing Saerin come through the door of the slide. When she saw me, her eyes widened and she gave me a knowing smile. What was that for? “Hey,” I said. 

 

“Hey,” she smiled at me. She isn’t mad anymore? 

 

“Are you.. Still upset with me?” I asked. 

 

Saerin shook her head. “No. I’m alright. I can’t hold grudges for long anyways.” 

 

I nodded. “I see. That’s good.” Saerin nodded. 

 

“Okay well, I’m going to go see Kwangmin now.” she slowly sneaked away from me and went into Kwangmin’s room. That lucky brat. How could I show my feelings for her when I was still struggling. Winning her over was going to be hard. Could I do it? 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey! Long time no update xD I will apologize yet again but don't worry! I finished all other fics so I can focus on this one! I have a feeling it will be kind of longggg or well, longer than my other ones so stay with me :] Thanks for reading! Comment, Subscribe, etc xDDDD I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 ~ Happy Monday xDD