21

Lee Saerin, the new maid

Saerin’s POV:

 

Fast forward to half a year later...

 

“Saerin! Hurry up! You’re going to be late to your first day of school!” all of the maids said together. I rubbed my eyes and sat up in bed. What is this... First day of school they speak of? 

 

“Huh?” I managed to mumble out. 

 

“School! High. School.” Soyeon said in my face. 

 

“Right...” I mumbled again and crawled out of bed. 

 

“We have you uniform all set up in the bathroom already so hurry!” Jiyune called as I shut the bathroom door. I washed my face and brushed my teeth, thinking about how my day would be like. I’ve never been to a highschool because I was taking care of my brothers and sisters. Would the other people there be nice? My heart beat faster from the nervous feelings I felt. I quickly changed and let my hair down. It was usually up in a ponytail or bun as I did housework, but I was going out, so I let it down. I put on my glasses, ready to be studious. Senior year, here I come. 

 

Walking out of the bathroom, my unnies saw me and smiled. “You look adorable in your little uniform, Saerin.” Seulgi smiled and pinched a cheek. I lightly slapped her hand away. 

 

“Noooo.” was all I said and walked out of my room. They laughed and followed me out. 

 

“There she is!” Mr. Jo smiled as he stood up from the table, “You look cute in your uniform, Saerin.” 

 

“See I told you.” Seulgi whispered. I waved her away as my cheeks reddened a little. 

 

“Gamsahabnida.” I said and bowed. 

 

Sitting at the table, I saw Youngmin and Kwangmin already dressed and eating. They both smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up. I laughed and put my two thumbs up as well. We finished breakfast and the whole family and the maids followed us out. “Have a good first day!” Mrs. Jo told me and kissed my forehead. 

 

“Thank you.” I bowed. Throughout the time I had been learning more and more, Mr. and Mrs. Jo and I grew closer together. They felt more like family than they ever did before and sometimes I felt like calling them mom and dad, but that would be weird. 

 

I climbed into the car with the twins, me in the middle between them in the small, but fancy car. The driver started the car and began to drive off. They waved at us and we waved back. “So how are you feeling?” Youngmin asked me. 

 

“Scared out of my pants... Skirt.” I said, trying to make a light joke. 

 

Kwangmin chuckled, “Don’t be scared. We’ll be with you the whole first day. Okay?” 

 

“That would be nice. Thanks you guys.” I looked at each of them and gratefully smiled. The driver soon arrived at the valet. He drove along the curb and Youngmin opened the door. I slid out after him and Kwangmin after me. The large school gates greeted me and so did a bunch of other girls in the same uniform. Memories of my elementary and middle school experience began to hit me like a wave. I zoned out for a bit as I reminisced what school was like back them. 

 

“Hello?” Kwangmin waved a hand in front of my face. 

 

“Huh? Oh hi...” I said and shook my head. 

 

“Don’t be nervous, be happy! It’s a new experience.” Kwangmin said and smiled. He held out his arm and I hooked my own to it. “Let’s go!” 

 

We entered the school gates and girls and guys immediately began to stare at me. Why why why? Look away! I thought. I looked down at the ground to hide my face. “Why are they looking at me?” I whispered to Kwangmin. 

 

“Because you’re walking into the school with the two most popular guys.” Kwangmin answered. I turned to my left and saw Youngmin being bombarded with gifts from girls and confessions, plus it was only the first day of school. The sight made me kind of glad I had Kwangmin because I knew I’d get jealous easily... 

 

“But why don’t girls give you gifts?” I asked. 

 

“Because I never accepted them so most gave up on me. They all go for Youngmin now, we look the same, so not much to lose.” Kwangmin said. I nodded and looked at him again. He gave each girl a smile and I saw how it got their hopes up. Shaking my head, I continued to follow Kwangmin. 

He led me to the office where I got my schedule. Lucky for me, I was in the same class as him and his brother. At least I knew I wouldn’t be lonely. Kwangmin led me to his classroom and pulled me towards the teacher. Students already seated stared at me again. I rocked side to side from the awkward feeling I got. “Nice to meet you, Saerin. I hope you enjoy your time here! Why don’t you sit with Kwangmin, since you came with him.” the teacher suggested. I nodded without saying a word and bowed. Kwangmin showed me his seat and I sat in the desk next to his. I noticed girls whispering and looking my direction. I ‘cried’ in my head. 

 

“Don’t worry about them.” Kwangmin said as if reading my mind. “They will always do that so just ignore it.” I nodded and slumped in my chair. Two girls came up to him and stood there with a mad aura around them. 

 

“Oppa! Who is this girl? Do you know her?” one said. Kwangmin nodded and stared up at them. 

 

“But.. How? She’s not even that pretty.” the other scoffed. 

 

Kwangmin began to become upset. “I beg to differ. She’s pretty, no, beautiful to me. So if you don’t have anything to say about her, then leave.” Kwangmin gave them a stern look. The two girls pouted and let out a ‘hmph’ before sauntering back to their seats. 

 

“Students here aren’t the nicest, huh?” I looked at my solemnly. 

 

“Like I said, don’t worry about it! You have me.” Kwangmin winked. I laughed. 

 

“Gomawo, Kwangmin Oppa.” I said the ‘oppa’ part quietly. Hearing the other girls say it made me wonder how it would feel to say it. 

 

“What? Did you just call me oppa?” Kwangmin smiled mischievously. 

 

“Huh? No. No I didn’t.” I mumbled and looked away because my cheeks were heating up. 

 

“Liar!” Kwangmin pointed a finger. 

 

“Ani!” I pushed his finger away. 

 

“Hahahaha you lie!” Kwangmin laughed and hugged my waist from behind. “You called me Oppa, Saerin. Say it again.” 

 

“No.”

 

“Oh come on! Please?” Kwangmin gave me a puppy dog look. 

 

“No. Let go! We’re in public!” I whined. 

 

“Not until you call me oppa.” Kwangmin persisted. I sighed. 

 

“O-o-oppa.” I wavered. 

 

“Awww so cute!” he let go of me and I scurried back into my seat. 

 

Youngmin’s POV:

 

I walked into the classroom and was about to walk to my seat until I saw Saerin and Kwangmin goofing around. So she’s in my class, I thought. Then, I saw Kwangmin hug her waist from behind as she squirmed and he laughed. Without knowing, I sent them a glare. So were more than half the girls in the classroom already. I overheard some saying some pretty mean things about her. Those comments made me more mad than I already was at the sight. Jealousy boiled in me. “Who does she think she is? Laughing and being so close to our Kwangmin Oppa.” one girl said. I walked up to her desk and slammed my hand on her desk, hard. 

 

“Don’t you dare say anything bad about her. You hear me? If I hear you or any of the girls saying any more horrible things about her, you will have to deal with me. Got it?” I glared. The girls in the class nodded in fear. “She’s nicer and better than you all think so you dare judge her again...” I didn’t finish my thought before grumpily walking over to where my brother and Saerin were. Guys were looking at the sight as well, except they were looking at Saerin. 

 

“She’s actually kind of cute. Too bad she’s taken. I totally would’ve went after her.” a boy said. I couldn’t agree more with him. Sighing, I sat down and Saerin finally saw me. 

 

“Youngmin-ah!” she smiled. Seeing her smile made some of my anger disappear. 

 

“Hey.” I said. 

 

“Where have you been? Too many girls love you, huh?” she joked. 

 

She saw me? Aw.. I feel horrible. How can I show that my heart belongs to her when I have all these girls around me. Ugh. “Haha,” I laughed a little, “No.. I don’t like any of them. I just feel bad if I ignore them like somebody.” I gave Kwangmin a look and he shrugged. “Besides, somebody already has my heart.” I mumbled. 

 

“What did you say?” Saerin asked. 

 

“Nothing.” I said and smiled. Kwangmin seemed to have heard though because he looked my way with a stern look. I ignored it and looked out the window.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

OMGOMGOMG GUYS I UPDATED AGAIN! :D LIKE THE DAY AFTER OMG This is cool hahahaha. I felt bad for disappearing so long and I had time today so... Here you go :] I hope you enjoyed the chapter ^^ Saerin's school life has now begun :o I know I skipped way into the future, but I felt that was the best way to continue and there wasn't much I could do anyways so yeah. Thanks again for reading! I appreciate every single one of you <3