22

Lee Saerin, the new maid

 

Saerin’s POV:

 

The bell rang signaling the beginning of school. Students really began to pile in now. I was glad I was sitting near the back with the twins. It made me feel a lot more comfortable. As more students entered, more noticed me and questioned who I was. The bell rang again signaling that class was going to start. Our teacher, Mr. Kim stood up from his seat and the students quieted down. “Good morning class. As you can see, we have a new student with us today. If you could kindly stand up and introduce yourself, that’d be great.” Mr. Kim smiled at me. I nodded and stood up in my seat. 

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo,” I bowed, “I’m Lee Saerin. Nice to meet you all. I hope we can get along.” I bowed again. Murmurs were heard, some good, some bad. 

 

“Thank you. Alright class, let’s begin.” Mr. Kim began to teach. He taught for an hour or so before we got our first break. My hand had cramped up from all the notes. Surely it was the first day of school, but that didn’t stop students from learning immediately. I held my right hand with my left. It felt so warm compared to my left hand which had done nothing. 

 

“Hand cramps?” Kwangmin asked me. I turned to him and nodded. “Give your hand to me.” he said. I stretched out my hand and he took it. Kwangmin began to gently massage my hand. A smile grew on my face and Kwangmin brightened up himself. 

 

Youngmin’s POV:

 

Class was over and brunch was starting. Some students left to get snacks or go to the bathroom. I just let out a sigh and slumped in my chair. All the notes made me tired. I looked over at Saerin to find her getting a small hand massage from Kwangmin. Oh, how I wished that was me instead of my brother. Just holding her hand and making her smile; comforting her when she needed me. Sighing again, I leaned back in my chair and stared at the ceiling. I put my hands behind my head and closed my eyes. 

 

“O-oppa.” a small voice barely spoke. I sat up and saw a cute girl with braided hair and huge glasses. I gave her a small smile. “H-here.” she handed me a letter, then scurried off. Another confession letter. These seriously need to go away. I looked at Saerin again and she was looking at me. Her expression was unreadable. Blank and unreadable. I couldn’t tell if she was upset or not. She turned back around to Kwangmin and smiled at him. 

 

Saerin’s POV:

 

A girl approached Youngmin and handed him a letter very shyly. Probably another confession. How popular can these twins be? I watched as she scurried away and admired her bravery. I would never be able to confess if I liked someone. Youngmin turned to me and I stared back, beginning to remember his girl issues. I felt bad again, and thought about my feelings for him. Had they really gone away? 

 

I met his eyes with my own and he seemed to be trying to figure my expression out. Shrugging in my head, I turned away. I needed to think before I sent off any signals. I didn’t want any misunderstandings again. “Are you alright?” Kwangmin asked me. I nodded and smiled at him. Another bell went off and Mr. Kim came back. 

 

“Alright class! Time for more notes! Yay!” he sarcastically joked and cheered. The class grumbled making Mr. Kim laugh. “Bare with me guys. We can do this.” He started to speak and lecture again and I went into study mode. Focusing on the notes, I wrote as speedily as possible. Pushing up my glasses every now and then, I was totally in the zone. Everything else seemed to be blocked out of my head. 

 

Kwangmin’s POV:

 

I looked to my left and saw Saerin taking notes with her eyes focused only on the board and Mr. Kim. Every now and then, she would push up her glasses on the bridge of her nose. She looked so adorable. As creepy as this may sound, I could stare at her all day if I could. I looked past her and saw Youngmin, looking dreamily at her as well. Our eyes met and Youngmin looked away. Aigoo, my brother trying to hide his feelings. I wish he’d show them, so that he could get over his fear. Not all girls were like that one in middle school, like Saerin. She would never want to hurt anybody. But I was scared that if Youngmin did show his feelings, I’d lose her. I may not be able to have all of her heart, but being her rebound... I guess wasn’t too bad. Glancing at Youngmin again, he was taking notes now, just like I should’ve been. Sighing, I listened to Mr. Kim lecture and started to finish my notes. 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

The bell for lunch rang and the students filed out of the classroom to go to the cafeteria. Saerin got her lunch out and stood up, looking expectantly at me. So cute, I thought. “Shall we?” I asked and held my arm out to her. 

 

“We shall!” she laughed and hooked arms with me. We began to walk out of the classroom until she turned around. “Youngmin.. You coming?” she asked. I looked at him and he had a sad expression. 

 

“Erm.. yeah.. I’ll find you guys later.” Youngmin mumbled and walked in a different direction. 

 

“What’s up with him? Is he alright?” Saerin looked up at me. 

 

“Maybe.. I’ll talk to him later.” I said and led her to the cafeteria. We sat at a table, near the side of the cafeteria. We took out our lunches and Saerin smiled at me. I smiled back and poked her cheek. She blushed a little and opened her lunch. Since it was still warm out, we got doshirak or bento/lunch box things. The maids had packed them in the morning and they looked delicious. 

 

“I’ll wake up and make your lunch with them tomorrow okay?” Saerin said and began to eat. 

 

“You should sleep in!” I insisted. Saerin just shook her head as she chewed. With her here, being with me, it made me so happy. I couldn’t imagine losing her to my brother. I had this gut feeling, that some day she would leave me and go to him. It would make my heartbreak and I didn’t want that. If I could keep Saerin as mine, I would. But something... Something would get in my way and I knew it. All I had to do was wait for it to come and be prepared. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hi :] Another update. I hope these updates make up for my lack of updates for weeks >~< I'm so sorry. You guys are still reading right? :b Because if no ones reading this, I might just... end it so yeah.. Somebody tell me something >~<