29

Lee Saerin, the new maid

 

The two arrived at home a couple hours later only to find the house empty. “I wonder where everyone went?” Saerin said. 

 

Kwangmin just shrugged and said, “I’m going to go to bed. I’m pretty pooped. I’ll see you in the morning.” Saerin nodded and went up to her floor to wash up as well. She took a nice, long, hot shower and for once she actually felt happy. If she could put it in one word, she would say she felt feathery; light like a feather and free like a feather. After finishing her shower, she changed into some comfortable clothes and headed downstairs. Saerin the TV and was planning to wait for Youngmin to tell him. Something told her she had to tell him today. 

 

The door made a clicking noise and she thought he was home. Saerin sat up straighter and looked towards the door. Chatter was heard and the faces she saw were just Mr. and Mrs. Jo. “Oh, Saerin? What are you doing up?” Mrs. Jo asked. 

 

“I... Couldn’t sleep.” Saerin lied. 

 

“Do you need some sleeping pills? Or maybe some warm milk, I could make some for you.” Mrs. Jo offered. 

 

“No no, there’s no need. I’m just going to watch some TV then head off to bed.” she said. 

 

“Alright. Well, Mr. Jo and I are going to go to bed. Goodnight Saerin.” Mrs. Jo smiled. 

 

“Goodnight,” Saerin smiled back. The couple left the room and Saerin turned her attention back to the TV. A reality show was playing and she watched idols do random activities. Slowly, her eyelids fell closed. Sleep had come over her and she fell asleep on the couch. 

 

~

 

The next time she woke up was when she felt some movement under her. Saerin’s neck fell back a little causing her to wake up. “Sorry, I tried to be gentle.” Youngmin said. 

 

“No it’s okay. You can put me down.” Saerin began to squirm in his arms. 

 

“It’s alright, I got you.” Youngmin looked ahead and began to carry her to his floor. 

 

“So where were you?” she tried to start a conversation. 

 

“I was out,” he said bluntly. 

 

“With.. Bora?” Saerin whispered. 

 

“Yeah..” They’d reached Youngmin’s floor and where by his room door now. He placed her down and opened the door. Saerin assumed he wanted her to follow, so she did. “What about you? Where were you today?” 

 

“I was with Kwangmin.” Saerin answered. 

 

“Oh?” 

 

“Yeah...” They were on Youngmin’s bed now and an awkward atmosphere was beginning to form. “I have to tell you something.” Saerin blurted. 

 

“What’s that?” Youngmin asked. 

 

“I broke up with Kwangmin today.” 

 

“I’m so sorry... But why? You guys were happy together.” Youngmin’s eyebrows furrowed. 

 

“Because... Because... Because I like you, Youngmin.” Saerin sighed. 

 

“You what?” Youngmin couldn’t believe what he’d just heard. 

 

“I like you.” Saerin said again. 

 

“What? Why? No... What?” he stuttered. 

 

“I guess I’d been fighting the feelings all this time and Kwangmin helped. I couldn’t get you out of my head and it’s been killing me Youngmin. I regret telling you to go out with Bora. Whenever I see you with her, I get... I get jealous. You told me not to regret telling you to be her boyfriend, but unexpectedly, I do.. I don’t know how else to explain...” Saerin glanced over to Youngmin staring intently at his hands. His eyebrows were furrowed even more now and he seemed to be deep in thought. Nothing came out of the twin’s mouth for a good minute or so. “I guess I’ll leave you be. Sorry for disturbing you.” She got up to leave only to be stopped and pulled landing a full kiss on Youngmin’s mouth. Butterflies could’ve flown out of Saerin’s stomach at that moment and the joy she felt was indescribable. A smile that came from her heart reached and eyes. Youngmin’s hand tightened around the one he grabbed to stop her and the two smiled through the kiss. When he let her go, he was panting. 

 

“You have no idea, how long I’ve wanted to hear you say those words, Saerin. You have no idea at all.” Youngmin smiled with a gleam in his eyes. Saerin had no words to say and was just as shocked and happy as he, so she just smiled. Youngmin pulled her for yet another kiss and she giggled, happiness flowing out from her body. 

 

~

 

It’s been a year since then. The three teenagers have graduated and Kwangmin was to take over the company. Why not Youngmin? He was the oldest, but he and Saerin were still going strong and there were still things for Saerin to do. She had continued to help the Jo’s for the year and continued to get paid, now letting her be quite well off, plus, she had Youngmin by her side. She had not forgotten about her siblings, who could be anywhere at this point, and so, she packed up all her stuff and was going to go search for them. How? She wasn’t sure at the moment, but she knew she was going to find them. she had to. 

 

“You’re leaving?!” all of her unnies cried. 

 

“I’m sorry, guys, but I have to! I have to go find my siblings!” They all pouted, but understood her request. 

 

“Come back and visit us please!” they whined. Saerin nodded and hugged them all. 

 

“Come visit us too. Not just your unnies.” Mr. Jo lightly scolded, but chuckled instantly after. 

 

“Yes, Mr. Jo.” Saerin smiled and hugged the old man. 

 

“That’s aboji, to you.” he winked. 

 

Saerin giggled and nodded, “Neh, aboji.” 

 

Mrs. Jo laughed and didn’t want to be left out, “Omoni! Call me, Omoni!” 

 

“Neh, Omoni.” Saerin hugged Mrs. Jo. 

 

“That sounds so sweet coming from your mouth.” Mrs. Jo couldn’t stop laughing. 

 

“Alright, it’s time for us to go.” Youngmin said and hugged his parents. 

 

“Good luck finding your siblings! We wish you the best and you’re always welcome back, even your siblings.” Mr. Jo nodded. 

 

“Thank you so much. For everything, Mr. Jo.” Her eyes brimmed with some salty tears. 

 

“You’re welcome, my dear.” 

 

“Hey! Don’t forget about me!” Kwangmin ran down the stairs, creating banging noises around the house. 

 

“How could I forget you?” Saerin wiped away some tears and hugged her best friend. Their love life didn’t end in a happy ever after, but they became the best of friends. 

 

“Good luck, okay? I want to meet your siblings, so bring them back!” Kwangmin smiled and Saerin nodded. “Bye, Youngmin. Keep her safe, okay?” 

 

“Yeah, I will.” Youngmin smiled at his brother. 

 

“We’ll get going now. Bye everyone!” Saerin said to everyone. Youngmin waved with his lips pursed and they slipped on their shoes. Together, they opened the door and stepped out, with their luggages and bags and spirits ready. The large door closed with a click, just as it did that one fateful day Saerin met Mr. Jo. Only now, she wasn’t lonely, she wasn’t poor, and she wasn’t without a family. She had everything now. Lee Saerin, the new maid, was to tackle the rest of life, with her favorite person by her side. 

 

 

THE END

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Omg... It's done o.o ASDFJKL;!!!! The ending isn't actually how I planned it to be. This whole story... It wasn't how I planned it to be. This story wasn't sad and it wasn't.. It just didn't go as planned xD Hopefully this entertained you for the time that it was up. I'm sorry once again for my lack of updates xD But here it is, the last chapter :] I hope you all enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sticking by~ Bye bye!