18

Lee Saerin, the new maid

 

Saerin’s POV:

 

“Saerin-ah,” Mr. Jo began, “We need to have a word with you.”

 

“Yes, Mr. Jo.” I said, standing with my back straight and hands behind my back. 

 

“This house may be big, but there aren’t many people besides the maids. I hear things, Saerin-ah.” Mr. Jo said. I didn’t know what to say and kept my mouth closed. 

 

“Saerin-ah, answer honestly,” Mrs. Jo looked me in the eye, “Do you have feelings for my sons?” 

 

“Neh?” I blinked fast. 

 

“Do you have feelings for my sons?” she repeated, “Because if you do, it’s perfectly fine!” Mrs. Jo smiled her warm and caring smile again. “I just want you to be careful and if you or one of my sons gets hurt, or their is drama that reaches my ears, I won’t be happy.” Her stern look came again, but there was something like excitement in her eyes. 

 

“Ah... Neh?” I answered again, somewhat confused. Mr. Jo chuckled. 

 

“Just be careful, alright?” he smiled at me. I bowed and left the dining room while scratching my head. They are so weird, I thought, but I like them like this. They’re nice. 

 

“What did they say?” Seulgi asked. 

 

“They just told me to be careful with my feelings and their son’s feelings.” I said. The unnies in the kitchen. 

 

“Oh looky, they’ve come down.” Soyeon smiled. “Go and serve them, missy.” she put two plates in my hand and pushed my out. I blinked fast again and the twins stared at me expectantly. Youngmin with a somewhat blank face and Kwangmin with a happy one. 

 

“Good morning,” I said and placed the food in front of them. “Enjoy your breakfast.” Mrs. Jo gave me a knowing look and I scurried away into the kitchen. 

 

Jiyune then hit my head, “What was that?” She cleared and tried to imitate my monotone voice. “Good morning. Enjoy your breakfast.... You could’ve been more enthusiastic!!!” 

 

“Then YOU should’ve served them!” I retorted and puffed my cheeks and crossed my arms. Jiyune giggled and pat my head. 

 

“It’s okay, you’re still young. Anyways, you have some explaining to do.” Jiyune said sternly and stalked out of the kitchen. The rest of the maids followed her out and so did I. They all bowed in unison and said, “We will excuse ourselves now.” I still didn’t understand how they did it so in sync! It blew my mind...

 

I stood awkwardly and bowed alone, then said, “I will excuse myself now. Sorry I can’t be in sync with them.” I rubbed my neck and ran off to catch up with them. The Jo family laughed heartily at me and my silliness. 

 

Once, back on our floor, the maids made their way to my room and sat around it. “Tell us what happened yesterday!!!” Gyuwon smiled excitedly. 

 

I sighed, “Fine. Okay so, Kwangmin took me out and we went to a ddukbokki stand. We ate that and then hung out at the park. After riding around together, we sat on the grass and lay in silence. Then we uh.. Kissed and then he took me to--”

 

“You guys kissed?!?!?” Jiyune squealed. I nodded. “Waaahh... You sure move fast, dongsaengie.” she joked. 

 

“Yah!” I hit her lightly and my unnies laughed. 

 

“Okay okay continue!” Minji said. 

 

“Then we went to the Han river and hung out their and yeah, that’s basically it.” I stuck my tongue out. 

 

“I see...” Soyeon nodded, “Still you lucky girl!” I laughed. 

 

“Okay guys, enough of the stories. If anything else happens, you have to come tell us, okay? Let’s get to work!” Jiyune clapped her hands and left. The maids filed out single file and began to due their duties. I shook my head and laughed, following their lead. 

 

~~~~~~

 

A few hours later, the twins returned from school. I had tutoring today so I brought them their snacks. Youngmin first since he was teaching me first. Lightly, I knocked on the door and poked my head in. “I have your afternoon snacks,” I placed the tray on his desk and he pat the chair next to his. 

 

“Have a seat.” he said. I nodded and sat. He began to teach me things from the same chapter as last time and told me that he’d give me a small quiz at the next lesson. “If you get a score of 90 and above, I’ll give you a prize.” 

 

“A prize? What am I? A little kid?” I laughed. 

 

He chuckled lightly, “No, but it’s just, I don’t know. Encouragement?” 

 

I laughed again, “Alright, sure. Thanks for the tutoring session! I’ll study hard.” 

 

Youngmin’s POV:

 

As Saerin left my room, I had a small smile on my face. My heart was lighter and not as discouraged since she actually joked with me. The atmosphere wasn’t awkward and it was just normal, as if it really was just a tutor and student. “I’m glad we’re getting to a better relationship. When I really confess to you, I hope you won’t break my heart too much.” I said, even though she wasn’t here. 

 

Saerin’s POV:

I took my books and left the room quietly. It was now time for Kwangmin to tutor me. I wondered how this was going to go and the thought of being with him after yesterday made my heart speed up. When I reached his door, I let out a breath and knocked. “Hey,” I said and opened the door slowly. 

 

“Hey! Come in!” Kwangmin said happily. I cautiously walked in and placed his snacks on the table. “Ahh~” he said, and held the fruit in front of my mouth. 

 

I pushed his hand down, “No you eat. It’s your snack.”

 

Kwangmin was stubborn and kept the fruit there, “Aahh!!!” 

 

“Ugh fine. Ah~” He placed the fruit in my mouth. It was sweet, maybe even sweeter because he fed me. 

 

Kwangmin’s POV:

 

 

I smiled at Saerin as she blushed a little from my gesture. Ahh so cute! I cleared my throat and placed the fruit in my mouth and chewed. We ate in silence and I fed her some more. It was a comfortable silence, just like our day together. I fed her the last piece and she bit into it happily. “Gomawo,” she finally spoke. 

 

“You’re welcome,” I smiled, “Let’s begin!” I took out the Geometry book and began to explain about theorems and proofs etc. We were almost done with the first chapter, so I thought I should give her quiz. 

 

“What? You too?” her mouthed opened a bit. 

 

“What? Did Youngmin say he was going to give you a quiz, too?” I asked. Saerin nodded and jut out her bottom lip. Awww! “Alright, alright. No quiz, but I’m going to ask you questions and if you get them wrong, there’s punishment!” 

 

“Fine,” she said, “But what’s the punishment?” 

 

“You have to kiss me.” I said and laughed. 

 

“Yah!” she hit my arm. “Then is there a prize for getting them all correct?” 

 

I nodded, “You have to kiss me.” 

 

“What?!!? That’s not fair!” she yelled. “You win either way.” she mehrong-ed me. 

 

“You don’t want to kiss me?” I raised an eyebrow. 

 

“Well.. No.. I mean.. Well..” Saerin stuttered.

 

I pat her head. “Let’s just do this.” I drew out a small diagram with parallel lines and gave her questions about which angles were congruent and not. “Answer these and your prize and punishment will be determined based on how you do this quiz.” 

 

“Fine...” she mumbled and began to do the problems. After 15 minutes, she finished and I checked how she did. She had gotten all but one right.

 

“You missed one.” I told her. 

 

“Okay. What’s my punishment? Do I really have to kiss you?” she asked me. I was thinking I shouldn’t make that her punishment when she said, “Let’s just get this over with.” and moved in and pressed her soft lips on mine. Her eyes were calmly closed and mine were wide. I WASN’T READY!!! Saerin leaned in more and there was more pressure against my lips causing my eyes to flutter close. I placed my hands on hers which gripped into fists. She may have seemed calm on her face, but her body showed otherwise. Once I held them, her hands relaxed and she pulled away. “There.” she said, her cheeks red. 

 

I chuckled. “You know.. I was going to tell you you didn’t have to kiss me. But I enjoyed it.” 

 

“WHAT!??!” She screamed. 

 

“Hahahaha, you’re so awesome, Saerin. Too cute,” I held her face between my hands. “Good job on the test. Missing one is really good. Congrats. Here’s your prize.” Leaning, I kissed her again, this time prepared. She felt stiff, but soon relaxed which made me smile inwards, then outwards. Smiling into the kiss, I held her closer to me. Saerin dropped her head in embarrassment and I laughed, hugging her. “Shall we end our tutoring here today?” She nodded quickly, got her stuff and ran out of my room. I sighed with content and leaned back in my chair, hands behind my head. My feelings grew for her every time I saw her. 

 

Saerin’s POV:

 

I ran out of Kwangmin’s room and swore my heart was beating a thousand times a minute. My hand was on my chest as I tried to slow it down. When I looked up, Youngmin was in front of me. “Uhh...” was all that came out of my mouth. Youngmin looked really hurt for some reason. “Are you okay?” I asked. 

 

“Yeah. I’m fine.” he said, with a hint of anger in his voice. 

 

“What are you doing here?” I straightened up, my heart finally at it’s normal beat. 

 

“Actually, I was looking for you, but I guess I was interrupting something.” Youngmin frowned. 

 

“Umm.. We weren’t... I didn’t... He--” 

 

“Youngmin,” Kwangmin came out and held onto my shoulder as he cut me off. “Let’s talk.” Youngmin went into the room slowly and glanced back at me with sad eyes. Kwangmin didn’t seem to notice and looked back at me with eyes that said: not to worry and everything was going to be okay. 

 

Is this what Mrs. Jo meant by drama? How can there not be drama between two brothers... Twins!!! And one girl?!?! 

 

--------------------------

 

Hi guys! :D I told you I'd updated in a day or two ^^ Hehe sorry for disappearing. so sosososos sorry! I know I say that a lot but I really mean it. I just can't always find time to update! TT~TT My weekends are always busy and weekdays I have homework and I have SO many stupid projects going on right now it's not even funny x . x but still.. I HOPE YOU ENJOY READING! ^^ Subscribe and comment hehe :] 

 

Oh and if someone wouldn't mind somehow giving me a poster? Or telling me who I should go to for a poster? I'm not really sure how those work :\ So.. If someone could like.. PM me or something xD I'd be grateful :]