27

Lee Saerin, the new maid

 

Hi :] I'm going on another trip so this is an update before I leave. Sorry guys! Hope this is okay~ Enjoy!!! 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Youngmin walked into the classroom next to his and found Bora sitting in a circle with three other friends. Her back was towards him, but the three friends noticed and began to smile and turned away from her. She followed their eyes and saw Youngmin. “Youngmin-ssi..” Bora said softly. 

 

“Hey.. Bora. You can drop the honorifics.” Youngmin said and rubbed the back of his neck. 

 

“Okay,” she giggled. 

 

“I just came here to say that... I’m willing to give us a chance. The chocolates you made yesterday were delicious by the way. We could go on a date? This week? Some time? I guess?” Youngmin stumbled over his words. 

 

“I’d like that,” Bora gave him a heart stopping smile. Maybe this won’t be so hard, Youngmin thought. “Here, give me your phone. I’ll give you my number.” Youngmin did as told and she typed it in. “Text me the date and time.” Youngmin nodded and walked out of the classroom. He stopped in the hallway and put a hand on his chest. It was actually beating for someone other than Saerin. It shocked him really. 

 

He made his way through the rows of desks and sat in his. “Did you do it?” Saerin asked him. Youngmin nodded without a word. 

 

“Congrats bro!” Kwangmin put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. The twins made eye contact and shared their feelings with their twin telepathy. Youngmin shared his feelings of sadness while Kwangmin told him to be strong. 

 

“Congratulations Youngmin! I wish you and Bora the best of luck.” Saerin smiled. 

 

“Thanks guys.” Youngmin sighed. He was feeling happy just a minute ago, why was he so upset now? The bell rang, ending Youngmin’s contemplation over his feelings. Their teacher came in and the class stood to greet him. 

 

“You may be seated. Please take out your books and turn to page 87.” 

 

~

 

At the end of the day, the three went out to meet their driver again. “Youngmin-ah!” Bora came running over, her friends close behind her. 

 

“Bora, hey!” Youngmin flashed a smile. Saerin saw it, but thought it seemed forced. She shook the thought out of her head and watched the new couple interact. 

 

“I was thinking we could hang out today? I kind of have other plans the rest of the week, sorry.” Bora pouted cutely. Her eyes took notice of the two other people next to Youngmin. “Oh, hi Saerin! Hey Kwangmin!” She hugged Saerin quickly and gave Kwangmin a wave. They greeted Bora quickly and waited for Youngmin’s answer. 

 

“Yeah, that’s fine. Let’s go?” Youngmin hooked his arm out for her. 

 

“Mm!” Bora smiled and nodded a strong nod. “Bye Saerin! Bye Kwangmin! Guys, I’ll see you later~” she giggled. Her friends waved her off as they walked down the sidewalk. 

 

“Now aren’t those two just adorable?” the friend with straight bangs said, “I’m Hyorin by the way. Nice to meet you, Saerin and Kwangmin.” 

 

“Yeah, they’re cute. Nice to meet you Hyorin.” Saerin smiled. Kwangmin just nodded. 

 

“These are my friends Soyou and Dasom.” Hyorin introduced. Dasom had short black hair that was to her shoulders while Soyou had hair that flowed down to her mid-back. 

 

“Nice to meet you.” Saerin smiled again. 

 

“Sorry this is so awkward. We’ll leave.” Hyorin laughed and took her friends. At this time,  the Jo driver had arrived, so Saerin and Kwangmin piled into the car. The car ride was silent as they made their way home. Saerin started to think about Youngmin and Bora and for some strange reason, her heart wasn’t too happy about it. She turned to look at Kwangmin and her heart beat again and fast. She liked Kwangmin, right? So why was she feeling this way?

 

“We’ve arrived.” the driver said and opened Saerin’s door. 

 

“Thank you!” she bowed and the driver smiled. Kwangmin and Saerin entered the mansion and head up to Kwangmin’s room. She placed her backpack on his floor and plopped onto his bed. 

 

“Don’t you want to change out of your uniform first?” Kwangmin asked while taking off his blazer. 

 

“Yeah...” Saerin stared at the ceiling. 

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Kwangmin sat on the bed next to her. 

 

“I don’t know what’s wrong with me.” Saerin sat up with a worried expression. She looked into Kwangmin’s eyes, as if searching for something. “Kiss me.” she bluntly stated. 

 

“What?” Kwangmin didn’t know what was going on in Saerin’s mind. “Are you---” Saerin placed her lips on his gently. Her eyes were closed and Kwangmin’s eyes were wide open. Gently, he pushed her away. “Saerin, look, you have to expla--” Saerin didn’t want Kwangmin to talk and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him again. She wanted to be reassured of her feelings. Kwangmin had fallen backwards and now they lay on his bed, kissing. He’d given up on making her talk, so he just waited for her to be ready. When Saerin let go of his lips, she sat up in the bed again, thinking. “What’s wrong.” 

 

“I think... I don’t know.” Saerin didn’t know what to say. She must be thinking about Youngmin, Kwangmin thought. “Let’s just... Let’s just do homework, yeah? Okay.” Saerin reached for her backpack and began pulling out her assignments. She started to work immediately, trying to immerse herself in it so that she’d get her mind off of Youngmin. Why was he on her mind in the first place?! It didn’t make sense. Kwangmin just let her be and did his own work. 

 

A couple hours later, the front door was heard. In came sounds of laughing people, a couple to be exact. Saerin and Kwangmin’s ears perked up like a dog and they lifted their heads from their work. “They’re home?” Saerin said as more of a question than statement. 

 

“I guess so...” The pair left Kwangmin’s room and made their way to the first floor. Youngmin was smiling with a practically glowing Bora next to him. 

 

“Hey guys!” Youngmin greeted with a wide smile. 

 

“Hallo!” Bora giggled. It made Saerin wonder what made the two so happy over their date... 

 

“What’d you guys do?” Kwangmin furrowed his eyebrows. 

 

“Nothing much.” Youngmin chuckled. 

 

“Yup.” Bora agreed. They took off their shoes and began to walk up the stairs. 

 

“Remember that thing? When he did that thing?” Youngmin started. 

 

“Yeah! And then the-- PWAHAHA He--” Bora laughed loudly. 

 

“He fell over and then HAHAHA.” Their laughter trailed off as they reached Youngmin’s floor. A small pang was felt in Saerin’s heart as she saw Youngmin laugh so heartily with Bora. She’d never seen him smile so much, even with her. She didn’t realize that her expression had turned into a dark one. 

 

“Hey... You alright?” Kwangmin placed an arm on her shoulder. 

 

She smiled instantly, “Yeah! I’m fine!” Saerin wrapped her arms around Kwangmin’s waist. “Promise me something, Oppa.” 

 

“What would that be?” Kwangmin whispered softly into Saerin’s head. 

 

“You’ll be there for me, even if I waver. I’m sorry I’m not as strong as you. Even if I do stupid things, don’t hate me.” Saerin said into Kwangmin’s chest. 

 

“Of course, Saerin. Of course.”