11

Lee Saerin, the new maid

 

Nobody’s POV:

 

“Hey there little cutie.” one of them said. Saerin could smell the alcohol in the man’s breath. 

 

“Excuse me.” she said politely. 

 

“Ah-ah-ah.” the other said, wagging a finger. “You’re not going anywhere.” They were about to grab her and take her away when Kwangmin came and punched the guy. He knocked out immediately. 

 

“Saerin-ah, come on.” Kwangmin grabbed your hand and pulled you out of the club. Outside, Youngmin was waiting for you and so were all the other maids. 

 

“OMO DONGSAENG-AH MIANHAE!” They all said and came to hug her. 

 

Saerin hugged them back and smiled. “Gwenchana. I’m fine. Thanks to Kwangmin.” she said and smiled up at him. 

 

“You okay?” Kwangmin asked as he went to Saerin and touched her cheek with his hand.

 

Saerin nodded and smiled. “Thank you so so much for being there. I don’t know what I would’ve done if you didn’t punch that guy... I hope he’s okay. You didn’t punch too hard did you?” Everyone raised an eyebrow at you when you said that. Saerin is too kind sometimes, everyone thought the same thing. 

 

“Why don’t we go home now? I’ll get our driver to come get us.” Youngmin said. Everyone nodded and they waited outside the club for their driver. The driver came in the big truck, almost like a limo. You sat in between the twins while Jiyune sat in front and your other unnies sat around the car. Nobody was speaking and it was awkwardly silent inside. 

 

“How about we have a small party when we get home? To make up for tonight’s failure?” Kwangmin suggested. Saerin looked at him and thought she saw him differently. He wasn’t as goofy as he used to be and he was actually keeping order and making good suggestions. She was wondering what happened to him, what changed, but maybe, this was the real Kwangmin all along. 

 

When everyone arrived home, they scurried up the stairs to go to Youngmin’s floor, where most of the fun was. Kwangmin went to get everyone drinks, gladly, it wasn’t alcohol. Everyone sipped their juice or sodas with smiles on their faces and they spent their time happily. The maids would play the arcade games or maybe play a game of pool. Saerin just stood around though, not really knowing what to do. She’d never been inside an arcade because of money reasons, but she’s seen them from the sidewalk. Now, she had a whole arcade in front of her. 

 

“What are you doing?” Kwangmin asked, chuckling. 

 

“I’m... Thinking.” Saerin said simply. 

 

“Why don’t you go play something.” Kwangmin suggested. 

 

“I’ve never been to an arcade.” Saerin admitted. 

 

“Oh really? How about I play with you then. That way you can know how some of these games work.” he said. Saerin nodded happily as he lead her to a game that had a motorcycle attached to it. She stared at it wondering what to do. Was she supposed to sit on it?! That’s so weird!! “Come on! Get on!” Kwangmin said. Saerin did as she was told and sat on the motorcycle and put her hands on the handle bars. Kwangmin then sat behind her and put his hands next to hers on the handle bars. Saerin felt strangely comfortable in his arms and didn’t mind him being so close to her. In fact, Saerin snuggled a little into Kwangmin’s chest as he told her what buttons to push. When the game started, Kwangmin veered the motorcycle to the left. Saerin didn’t expect it and nearly fell off the motorcycle. 

“Whoa there. Careful.” Kwangmin said. “Hold on tight!” And he veered to the left. Saerin held onto this time and squealed from happiness. This was more fun than she thought it would be. 

 

Youngmin’s POV:

 

Everyone was having a good time in the game room. I joined the maids from time to time to watch what they were playing or play with them. Besides that, I just watched from the side and sipped my drink. Then my eyes wandered around the room and I realized Saerin wasn’t with the other maids. I looked in the other direction and saw her on the motorcycle game with Kwangmin. She was squealing with happiness as he turned here and there. 

 

“We’re winning!” she yelled, “We’re winning! Oh oh Kwangmin that way! Be careful!” she closed her eyes and giggled, then opened them again to cheer Kwangmin on. Seems fun, I thought. 

 

When they finished, Kwangmin was panting a little bit and there was a small amount of sweat on his forehead. “Omo!” Saerin went to get some tissue, “I’m sorry. I’m heavy.” she apologized and dabbed his forehead of his sweat. 

 

“You’re not heavy. Just that I was too into the game and used too much strength. I made you almost fall one time. So my bad.” Kwangmin smiled at her. She shook her had at him, but dabbed his forehead still. As I watched, I felt a little pang in my heart. I put a hand to my chest and wondered what it was. Rubbing my hand around, the pain didn’t go away. I kept on watching my brother with Saerin and the feeling didn’t go away. 

 

“Argh...” I mumbled and left the room with bang, not meaning to open the door so loudly. 

 

Saerin’s POV:

 

I turned my head when I heard a loud bang. Youngmin was leaving the room. Awww, what’s wrong with him? I wondered. “I’m going to go see what’s up.” I told Kwangmin. He nodded and watched me go. “Thank you for teaching me how to play!” I said and smiled as I left the room. Kwangmin nodded and waved. For some reason, I thought he was really cool today. I liked Kwangmin like this. It was interesting to see and be around. 

 

I got into the hallway and wondered which way Youngmin went. I saw Mr. Jo coming up the stairs and bowed. “Oh. Annyeong Saerin-ah.” 

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo.” I said and smiled. 

 

“Are you having fun in there?” he asked. I nodded happily. 

 

“Kwangmin taught me how to play that game with the motorcycle.” I said. 

 

Mr. Jo chuckled. “I like that one too.” I laughed. 

 

“By chance, do you know where Youngmin is?” I asked. Mr. Jo tapped his chin thoughtfully. 

 

“Hmm.. How about you try the top floor. We have a secret rooftop balcony like thing. Go to the elevator and press floor 4 and wait. It will take you up there.” Mr. Jo said. I nodded and thanked him before going. I did what he said and indeed there was a rooftop balcony thing. Youngmin was there, his forearms on the railing, supporting himself. The wind blew his hair just right and I smiled. 

 

“Youngmin-ah!” I called to him. He turned around and gave me shocked eyes before becoming cool again. 

 

“Hey.” he said. 

 

“Are you okay? Why did you leave?” I asked him. Youngmin didn’t answer but just kept staring out into the city. “Youngmin-ah...” I touched his arm, trying to get his attention. Then he looked at me and gave me a cold stare. “Wae...Waegeulae? Do I have something on my face? Are you mad at me? Did I do something? I’m sorry.” I said, not understanding why he was looking at me so intently. 

 

“No don’t say that. Nothing’s wrong. I’m just... I don’t know.” Youngmin said. 

 

“Well.. How about a hug?” I put my arms out. “I give pretty good hugs and sometimes, when my little siblings were sad I would give them plenty of hugs and kisses and they would feel better.” I said, my arms still out. 

 

Youngmin stared at me for a while not doing anything. It was as if he was deciding whether to hug me or not. In the end, he stepped into my arms and my hands wrapped around his neck. I tip-toed because he was almost a head taller than me and we stayed like that. As time passed by, I felt Youngmin’s grip on me grow tighter, but relax, then grow tighter, then relax. I let go of him and examined his face. It was a bit pink. “Do you feel better?” I asked. Youngmin nodded a small nod. “That’s good. How about we go back.” I suggested and took his wrist to pull him back. Youngmin wouldn’t budge though. Instead, he pulled me back into his chest. “Youngmin-ah, what’s wrong?” I asked, my voice muffled in his chest. 

 

“Nothing’s wrong. I just wanted to hug you a little longer.” He said simply and his grip on me grew tighter. My heart beat faster as I stayed in the position. At first, the hug was to make him feel better. Now this one was because he wanted to hug me. I felt my cheeks heat up and I knew they were bright pink. If it wasn’t nighttime everyone would be able to see my rosy cheeks. I looked up at Youngmin to see him smiling down at me. I smiled back and hugged him again, not knowing why. Youngmin pulled me off of him and held onto my shoulders. “I want to try something, Saerin-ah.” he said. 

 

“Try what?” I asked. 

 

“This.” Youngmin said as he leaned closer and closer to me. I didn’t know what to do. My heart beat fast and faster and faster and faster! Dugeundugeundugeundugeundugen.... And before I could tell him to stop, his lips were on mine. I jumped but my eyes closed by themselves and my arms wrapped around his neck unknowingly. His arms engulfed my waist as he pulled me up on my tippy toes. I opened my mouth to say something but he held my head and continued to kiss me. I jumped once again only to melt into the kiss once more. It was my first kiss ever and it was with Youngmin. We kissed for a while before we slowly parted. My cheeks were probably even more rosy then before and Youngmin’s face was pink too. 

 

“Are you sick? Your face is pink.” I asked, poking his cheek. 

 

“I’m not sick. Are you?” he copied me and poked my cheek. 

 

“Ya-yah....” I said, looking down at my feet. 

 

Youngmin chuckled and took my hand. “Look, this kiss, is a secret between me and you. You can’t tell anyone about this. Not yet. Alright?” he told me. I nodded. Youngmin kissed my forehead. “Good girl.”

 

“But what does this kiss mean?” I asked him as we stood in the elevator together, hand in hand. 

 

“I... I really don’t know. I will think about it and tell you. Okay?” Youngmin said. I nodded and we went back to the game room. Everyone was crowding around the Dance Dance Revolution game when Youngmin and I snuck in. He was still holding my hand though so I smiled to myself as I cheered for my unnies. 

  ----------   HEY GUYS :] FINALS WEEK IS OVER AND I'M SO HAPPY!!! :DDD Hehehe anyways, Yay they kissed haha. I know it's a bit early but.. I just felt like putting that in there hehe. Hope you guys have a good week and happy chinese new year! ^^ Keke byee~