15

Lee Saerin, the new maid

Saerin’s POV:

 

I followed slightly behind Kwangmin as we walked down the road. “Hungry?” he asked. I shook my head and smiled, but my stomach just had to go against me and gurgled. I quickly put a hand over it and laughed weakly. Kwangmin chuckled and took my hand, pulling me to a snack stand. 

 

Just like this morning, I felt my heart speed up a bit. My cheeks became a little warmer as I stared at his hand holding mine. I didn’t even realize, or take notice, of where we were going and just stared at his hand and mine intertwined. “Ahjumma, one dukkbokki please.” Kwangmin said, snapping me out of my gaze at our hands. 

 

“Neh,” she said and started to scoop us some rice cakes. Kwangmin paid for us and got two skewers, handing me one. 

 

“Eat!” he smiled at me. I barely heard him because my mind was still focused on his hand and mine. Kwangmin hadn’t let go yet. Instead, he tightened his grip around mine. “Do you need me to feed you?” He picked at one rice cake. “Say ahhh~” I opened my mouth a little and he placed it in my mouth. “Good Saerin.” he cooed. I stuck my tongue out. 

 

“Here...” I said shyly and held a rice cake to his mouth. He chuckled and opened his mouth. I put the cake in and he chewed away happily. 

 

“What a cute couple.” the ahjumma giggled and helped the next customer. My cheeks flamed at the comment. 

 

“Gamsahabnida!!” Kwangmin gave a small bow. After we finished eating, Kwangmin began to pull me somewhere else. 

 

“Where are we going now?” I asked. 

 

“Honestly... I don’t know. Where do you want to go?” Kwangmin asked me. 

 

“I don’t know... Aren’t you supposed to be helping me get my mind off...” My voice became quiet. 

 

“Right. I have an idea now.” Kwangmin said and pulled me away. I giggled at him and followed happily, my grip around his hand tightened as well. 

 

Kwangmin’s POV:

 

An idea popped into my head that I think Saerin would enjoy. As I pulled her down the sidewalk, I felt her hand tighten around mine, causing me to smile to myself. She wasn’t pushing me away and it made me really happy. It gave me hope that I had a chance. We reached a park. I told Saerin to stay put as I went to get my idea. She sat at a nearby bench and waited. I came back with a tandem. “Jjang!!” I spread my arms wide by my surprise. 

 

opened from shock and happiness. “This looks so fun! I’ve always wanted to ride one of these!” she squealed. “Front or back?” Saerin asked. 

 

“Back.” I said. 

 

“Mmkay then! I’ll lead. Sorry if we get stuck though, I haven’t ridden a bike in a while.” she said. 

 

I laughed, “Don’t worry about it. Just have fun.” With that, she put a leg over the seat and I sat behind her. We started pedaling at the same speed and enjoyed the scenery. We biked along their trail and saw kids playing and other couples having a good time. I couldn’t help but get lost in the sight of her in front of me. Although I could only see her back at the moment, she looked beautiful. Her hair blew in the wind making me imagine what she’d look like from the front. I smiled and enjoyed our time together. 

 

When that was over, we sat down on a patch of grass and enjoyed the spring weather. “Did you have a good time today?” I asked her. 

 

“Mm,” she smiled, her knees hugged to her chest. 

 

“That’s good,” I sighed in relief. 

 

“Thanks so much for today.” She looked at me with gentle eyes. I felt my heart tug and melt a little when I looked into them. Her brown orbs seemed to me right in. She then placed one hand on mine. 

 

“Y-y-you’re welcome.” I stuttered out, causing her to chuckle a bit. Then, she scooted closer to me and lay her head on my shoulder. 

 

“You’re a real good friend, Kwangmin. If you keep this up... I might end up falling for you instead of your brother.” she said, but the last sentence I couldn’t catch. 

 

“What was the last thing?” I asked. 

 

“Oh nothing,” she laughed it off. I pouted a little. In the next couple minutes, we didn’t say much, but our actions were telling each other we were real comfortable. Saerin’s hand moved and she wrapped her arms around my waist. My arm then wrapped around her shoulder protectively. She snuggled into my shoulder and we just sat there in a soothing silence. I didn’t want this moment to end. Then, she did something that surprised me. 

 

Saerin’s POV:

 

I was lying on Kwangmin’s shoulder and hugged his waist. I felt really comfortable and being with him today made me forget all my sadness. Spending this day with Kwangmin seemed like the cure to my sadness. He really did make them disappear. I felt grateful and really happy that it was him. 

 

As my head was on his shoulder, I took in some of his scent and closed my eyes. I also stole glances at him from time to time. How could I feel so close to someone I met just recently? Even more so, my boss’s son? It seemed wrong, but it felt completely alright. I smiled to myself and stole another glance at Kwangmin’s face. His expression showed a calm and happy one like mine. His flawless face made my heart begin to accelerate again. I stared at his cheek and without thinking, I kissed it. I moved back, shocked, a hand over my mouth. 

 

“So...Sorry.” I backed away even more. 

 

Kwangmin stared wide-eyed at me. “Wha...” 

 

“Sorry!” I squealed and bowed my head and stood up. 

 

He smiled at me and lightly touched his cheek. “What was that?” he gave me a sly smile. 

 

“I don’t know.” I looked at my feet and started to walk off. 

 

Kwangmin held my back and put both hands on my shoulders. “That was very sudden and sly of you, Saerin.” 

 

“I.. I didn’t mean to. I don’t know what happened. It just did. I swear. My body moved on it’s own and.. And.. And..” I rambled on and on. Kwangmin pulled me towards him and hugged me. 

 

“It’s okay, Saerin. I liked it.” he said. My arms slowly, but surely, wrapped around Kwangmin’s waist yet again as held him close to me. Kwangmin did the same and we stood there, yet again in our comfortable silence. 

 

“You’re confusing me, Kwangmin.” I mumbled into his chest. 

 

“That’s a good thing, right? It means that I have a chance.” He pulled away and looked me in the eye. I stuck my tongue out at him. “Shall we go home?” 

 

In all honesty, I didn’t want to go home. That meant I would have to see Youngmin again and I didn’t want to deal with him. Plus, I was having a good time with Kwangmin. “N...Not.. Yet...” I said, quietly. Kwangmin smiled. “Is that okay? Are you busy? Do you have homework to do?” 

 

He chuckled. “I’m alright. I don’t have a lot. Shall we go somewhere else?” I nodded slightly. “Alrighty then. Let’s go to our next place.”

 

------------------

 

Hey guys... Sorry for disappearing. I just haven't been feeling like writing lately and I'm so sorry, but right now, I'm on break so I hope you enjoy this chapter :] I'll begin writing the next one so possibly another update soon ^^