6

Lee Saerin, the new maid

 

The next morning, my alarm clock beeped. I glanced at it with sleep eyes and wondered who set it. Also, there was another blanket on me. Who came by last night? I wondered. It was 6:45 am and I considered it a little late. Sometimes when taking care of my siblings, I had to get up at 5 to get everything ready for them. 

 

I climbed out of bed, slipped on the slippers next to my bed and made

my way to the bathroom. I washed up and changed into my maid uniform. Then, I took the slide down to the first floor. My maid unnies were already in the dining area eating their breakfasts. 

 

"Morning Saerin-ah!" They all said together. I still didn't understand how they were so in sync. 

 

"Morning." I smiled at them. 

 

"Come. Sit next to me and eat your breakfast!" Jiyune told me. I sat down as she got me a plate with an omelet on it. 

 

"Gamsahabnida." I said and started to eat. 

 

"How was your first night here?" Gyuwon asked, "It's nice isn't it?" 

 

I nodded and smiled. "It's a lot more comfortable than my old home, but this morning, I woke up with another blanket on me..." my voice trailed off. 

 

"Oh!" Seulgi spoke up, "Me too. You got a visit from Mrs. Jo! She tends to check up on us from time to time. You probably looked cold to her so she gave you an extra blanket." 

 

"Oh.. That's so nice of her." I said. 

 

"Thank you, Saerin-ssi," Mrs. Jo appeared in the room. The other maids giggled and I smiled at her. 

 

"Sometimes she acts like our second mom." Minji said. The comment maid Mrs. Jo let out a small laugh. 

 

Suddenly, some footsteps were heard making all the maids scramble out of their seats. I was in the middle of chewing when Jiyune Unnie pulled me out of my seat. "Yah!" I protested but she kept pulling. We walked to the front of the stairs and formed two lines to greet the twins. The lines had Jiyune, Minji and me in one and Gyuwon, Seulgi and Soyeon in the other. Because Soyeon and I were the youngest, we were in the back. 

 

"Good morning, Jo Youngmin and Jo Kwangmin." The maids said together and bowed. I was still getting used to what they were saying so I just bowed with them. 

 

"Morning ladies." Youngmin said. When he reached me, he ruffled my hair. I gave him a slight glare and fixed my hair. He chuckled and walked off. When Kwangmin reached me, he helped fix my hair a bit and smiled. I blushed causing some of the other girls to squeal a little. 

 

They then went to a different dining room and ate. Since I wasn't familiar with what they liked or ate, I served them. The other maids were in charge of cooking and cleaning the dishes. 

 

"Here is your breakfast, uh... Youngmin-ssi." I said. 

 

"Gomawo." he said and began to eat. I returned to the kitchen and got Kwangmin's breakfast. 

 

"Here's your breakfast, Kwangmin-ssi." 

 

"Gomawo Saerin-ssi." Kwangmin smiled. I nodded and slipped back into the kitchen and started to help my unnies clean. 

 

"We have to finish cleaning so that we can watch the twins leave." Minji informed me. 

 

"That's part of our job too?!" I asked, thinking it was a bit silly. 

 

"Well... no, but we do it anyways." Soyeon smiled cutely. I shrugged and followed them out. We formed two lines again and bowed to them as they left for school.

 

We cleaned around the house and helped Mr. Jo and Mrs. Jo with whatever they needed for the next couple hours. When the twins came back, we had to greet them again. Afterwards, the maids and I made them a small snack for when they do their schoolwork. I was about to bring it to them when Mr. Jo stopped and talked to me. 

 

"Saerin-ssi," Mr. Jo began, "Remember the offer I made you about the pay and schoolling?" I nodded. "Well, since you're a maid and you need to stay home, I decided that my sons could tutor you!" I blink a couple times. "Do you not like the idea?" 

 

"Nono. It's fine," I said, "Thank you Mr. Jo, for taking care of me." 

 

He smiled and said, "You're welcome."

 

Then I went upstairs to deliver Youngmin and Kwangmin's food. I knocked lightly on Youngmin's door and heard a faint 'Come in'. I opened the door and placed his snack on the side of his table. "Saerin-ah, I heard I was going to be your tutor." Youngmin said, taking a bite of the fruit provided.

 

"Yup. That's what I heard too." I said, placing the last plate on his desk. 

 

"Do you like that thought?" he asked. 

 

"Sure." I said and gave him a smile. 

 

"Okay well, I'll be teaching you history and science. Kwangmin will teach you math." Youngmin said. I nodded and left the room. I headed to Kwangmin's floor and knocked on his door. He came and opened it, smiling when he saw me. 

 

"I have your snacks." I said, showing him the tray with the different foods. He nods and lets me in. I place the plates down on his desk. 

 

"You know, I'm going to be tutoring you in math.." Kwangmin said quietly. 

 

"I know. Youngmin told me just now." I said. 

 

"It's not fair. He gets to spend more time with you.." Kwangmin pouts to himself. I giggle and pat his head. 

 

"It's okay. I'm not that good at math, so you'll have to teach me more." I said, making Kwangmin smile again. 

 

"Mmkay then. We'll begin tutoring tomorrow. See you at dinner." I nod and walk out. I haven't been to school in years... I don't remember anything... This tutoring is going to be tough. 

 

-------------------

 

Hehe tutoring.. o.o What will the twins do now Cx I hope you guys like what you're reading. This story may be a bit boring or something but please comment... That way I know you're reading >~< and that you're there o.o Thanks ^^ and HAPPY NEW YEAR!