4

Lee Saerin, the new maid

 

I entered my new room and looked at my bed. It was 3 times bigger than the one at my old apartment and I was so happy. The room was clean and bright, very much unlike my old one. I smiled wide and then thought of my siblings. I missed them terribly and started worrying about them again. I knew I had to work hard to get my pay and study hard so that I could graduate. Then I could go find them. 

 

I made my way to the bathroom and looked at the maid outfit. It was still adorable and I loved the way it felt. It was a lot more comfortable than it looked. There was also a watch placed on top of the outfit so I guessed it was needed. I showered for the first time and two days and the water felt great on my skin. When I finished, I felt better and cleaner than I ever have before. I changed into my new maid outfit and blow dried my hair. Good as new, I thought. 

 

Walking back to my room, I sat down on the bed and sighed. This was really an experience. I headed out into the hallway and met a maid. She looked at me and gave me a funny look. “Weren’t you the girl who tried to wash the dishes?” she crossed her arms. 

 

“Yeah... That’s me...” I look down at the ground. 

 

“Are you.. a maid now?” she questioned. 

 

“Yeah...” I said. 

 

“Hmm well.. I’m Kim Jiyune.” Jiyune put her hand out for a shake. 

 

I shook it, “I’m Lee Saerin. Nice to meet you.” 

 

“Saerin-ah, how old are you? Just so that I know what to call you and stuff.” Jiyune said, unformal this time. 

 

“I’m 17, almost 18. How old are you?” I asked. 

 

“Oh... I’m your unnie now. I’m 19, almost 20.” Jiyune said. 

 

“Okay. If I may ask, how did you start working here?” I question. 

 

Jiyune let out a sigh. “I’ll tell you later okay, dongsaeng.” she emphasized the dongsaeng and winked. “Duty calls.” Jiyune slipped into the slide, pressed the button and slid down. I could hear a faint ‘wheee’ before she landed on the right floor. Giggling, I entered the slide too, to go down to the first floor. I looked to my side and pressed button number one. Then two mechanical hands really did come out and pushed me down the slide. I started laughing as I slid down. Riding a slide was something I haven’t done since I was 3. It was like reminiscing. 

 

On the first floor, I found Mr. Jo and and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and gave me a smile. “You look good and clean.” he chuckled. I laughed along with him and fiddled with my skirt. “I want you to meet one more person before you really get started.” he said. I nodded and followed him to his bedroom.   He opened the door and inside was a lady around the same age as him. “This is Mrs. Jo. She’s been hiding in this room the whole time.” Mr. Jo chuckled. I bowed to her and introduced myself. 

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo. I’m Lee Saerin. Nice to meet you.” 

 

“Oh, what a nice girl. Is she the new maid?” Mrs. Jo smiled at me. 

 

“Indeed she is. I think she’ll be a good maid.” Mr. Jo gave me a nod. 

 

“Me too. I guess we have to wait for the boys to come home and then she would’ve met everyone.” Mrs. Jo said. 

 

“Not everyone..” I said, “I still have to meet some of the other maids.” 

 

“Really?” Mr. Jo gave me a look, “I thought they were all upstairs ready to see you. Well, I’ll go get them.” Mr. Jo then pressed a couple buttons and the four other maids came down the slide and into Mr. Jo’s bedroom. 

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo Mr. Jo. You called for us?” they said in unison. I gaped at them. How did they always say it at the same time? 

 

“Yes I did. Introduce yourselves to the new maid please.” 

 

“Neh!” they said to together again. 

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, I’m Lee Minji.”

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, I’m Moon Seulgi.”

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, I’m Kim Gyuwon.”

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, I’m Shim Soyeon.” 

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, I’m Lee Saerin. Nice to meet you all.” I bowed to them and they bowed back to me. 

 

“There you go,” Mr. Jo said, “Now you’ve met every maid. Well, you met Jiyune already right?” I nod. “Okay. Yeah she went to send the driver to pick up my boys. They’re only a year older than you you know. Or maybe the same year... How old are you, Saerin-ssi?” 

 

“I’m 17.” I answer. 

 

“Oh well what do you know. They’re the same age as you.” Mr. Jo smiles. Suddenly, the rumble of the garage is heard and all the maids rush to the front door. 

 

“That’s your cue.” Mr. Jo whispers to in my ear. I immediately race after them but the twins are already walking through the door. All the maids bow and say their greetings while I just stare at them, bowing a whole minute later because of my cluelessness. The twins smile at the maids and then stop when they see me. 

 

“New maid?” they ask at the same time. Mr. Jo nods. “She’s cute.” They each take a cheek and poke it with their index finger. My cheeks then flush red. Never in my life time have I been called cute. Maybe because I haven’t been out much. “How old is she?” The twin with the blonde hair asked. Mr. Jo gave me a nod as if to say: Answer yourself. They don’t bite. 

 

“I’m 17.” I answer somewhat quietly. The twins are now circling me, examining me. I fiddled with my fingers and feet. 

 

“Cool. You’re the same age as us!” The twin with black hair smiled at me. My cheeks flush even more red when he says this. 

 

“Aha! Is she blushing?” the blonde chuckles, “She’s too cute!” He goes to my side and gives me a kiss on the cheek. That makes me freeze and my eyes go wide. 

 

“Jo Youngmin! You scared her!” the black haired twin said. By this time, Youngmin was walking up the stairs with a cool smile on his face. “I’m so sorry. But that’s Youngmin. He can be a little bit cocky sometimes, but he’s a really nice guy. I’m Jo Kwangmin. Nice to meet you.” He gave me a smile and held out his hand. I was still frozen from the kiss and didn’t move. Kwangmin then took my hand and shook it. Then gave me a kiss on the other cheek, making me jump. “My kiss was better~” he hummed into my ear before walking up the stairs to his floor. 

 

Once they were out of site, the maids came squealing towards me in their jealousy of what happened. “OMOMOMO DONGSAENG-AH! YOU ARE DAEBAK! They’ve never done that to me!” Jiyune said, patting my back. I was still frozen but when she hit me I came back to reality. 

 

“Oh really?” I say, breathing hard. 

 

“Yeah! I used to be the cute one but they never kissed me!” Soyeon squealed. 

 

“You’re so lucky!” Gyuwon came and ruffled my hair. 

 

“Very lucky.” Minji and Seulgi said. I just nod and have a blank stare on my face. I look over and see Mr. and Mrs. Jo smiling at me, as if approving of what just happened. I gave them shocked eyes and they just laughed and walked back to their rooms. I sigh and then wonder if drama will be within this house...

 

----------------------------------------

 

Hello~! Chapter 4 :D I think the twins are super cute in this chapter xD And they finally appear yay! Hahaha :D