Seungcheol - A Walk in the Park

13 Days of SEVENTEEN

more coups! hope you guys like it <3

Request: from anon on tumblr! (thanks so much for all the requests i really hope you like this one <3); You’re afraid of dogs and Seungcheol helps calm you down

Word count: 1576

Genre: Fluff; Strangers AU

Characters: You and Seungcheol

 

The morning has always been your favorite time to jog. It’s when the world’s the calmest and before everything else happens. The early air is fresh and gives you enough energy to make it around the park a few times before calling it and heading to class. It’s a nice part of your routine, when you’re not scared less, that is.

It’s 8:30am and you’re just going about your usual morning run. Your headphones in and the sun not too high in the sky, you feel at ease when all of a sudden…

“WOOF! WOOF!”

You stop dead in your tracks and nearly trip backwards as a scream escapes you. Clutching your chest, you feel your heart trying to break through your skin. Sweat dripping everywhere, you’re frozen as you’re face to face with one of those things that scares you less.

A dog.

“WOOF!! WOOF!! WOOF!!” it barks at you.

Paralyzed, you’re standing face to face with a giant, black labrador. Your fear of dogs stems way back to when you were a kid and you were bit by your neighbor’s wild Chihuahua. And even though a lot of people laugh at this traumatic incident of yours, it doesn’t change the fact that you are incredibly scared of them.

Hyperventilating, you feel like you’re about to pass out, but luckily somebody comes running to your rescue.

Or to the dog.

“Lilly!” a guy in his early twenties screams as he runs down the sidewalk to the dog.

As you’re standing there in fear, it didn’t even occur to you that this dog probably had an owner. You watch him run to the growling canine and squat down to her side. Petting her head, he says to her, “Lilly! You don’t run away like that, okay?”

Immediately, the dog’s face shifts entirely and she turns to who you assume to be her owner and his face. He laughs and accepts her kisses as you stand there and try to get feeling back in your legs.

Finally remembering the scared person he heard scream from afar, he glances up and gets to his feet. “I am so sorry about that!” he quickly apologizes. “She usually doesn’t run off like that. I hope she didn’t scare you too bad.”

Breathing a little better, you swallow and drop your hand. Shaking yourself to your senses, you meet the stranger’s gaze. “Uhhh, yeah! Sorry, I’m just—” You take a second to stare down at the happier “Lilly.” “I’m just really scared of dogs,” you explain.

“Yeah, I could tell,” he chuckles, not meaning to make fun of you, but he turns back to Lilly and pats her on the head. “Don’t worry. This one’s harmless.”

“She can look pretty scary though,” you say through a weak chuckle.

“Nah, she could never hurt a fly,” he tells you as he ruffles her now cute looking head.

Laughing nervously, you ask, “Is that why her name’s Lilly?”

He laughs and looks back at you, “What? That name doesn’t fit her?”

Staring at the menacing looking creature, you have to admit, “No.”

“Trust me, it fits her. A pretty name for a pretty dog.”

Now more at ease, you smile. “I’m sure.”

The stranger grins again, this time at you. It isn’t until now do you notice his incredibly nice smile and friendly eyes. “Again, I’m really sorry about her running up to you like that.”

“It’s fine,” you say, glad that she can’t hurt you.

“I’m Seungcheol,” he says, holding out his hand.

But you’re a fair distance away. Nervously looking at Lilly, you stammer, “Uhhhh.”

Seeing your reluctance, Seungcheol chuckles and walks closer to lessen the gap. You softly smile back at him and shake his hand. “I’m (Y/N).”

“(Y/N),” he repeats still shaking your hand. With a charming gaze, he gently says, “A pretty name for a pretty girl.”

Caught off guard, you take your hand away and brush back your hair, a nervous tick that you’ve never been able to shake. “Nice to meet you, Seungcheol.”

He giggles as you blush. Stepping back to give you some space, he nods. “Nice to meet you too.” Looking around the park, he sees that there aren’t many other people around. “Are you out for a run?”

With a nod, you reply, “Yeah, I’m usually out here early in the morning.”

“Really? Me too,” he says. “Wonder why we’ve never run into each other before.”

You chuckle and raise an eyebrow at him. “Probably because I run away from dogs.”

Seungcheol laughs and rubs the back of his neck. “Well, if Lilly runs in front of us, do you think it’d be okay if we joined you?”

Surprised by this pleasant stranger, you look down at Lilly and hesitate. “I don’t think you realize how afraid I am of dogs.”

“Aww, but Lilly?” he says, squatting back down and squeezing her face. Pressing his cheek to hers, he pouts. “Look how cute she is!”

As cute as she is, you’re way more impressed with how adorable Seungcheol’s acting. Laughing, you say, “Okay, she’s pretty cute.”

Happy to hear that, Seungcheol stands back up and says, “I promise this way no dogs will get too close to you. And if it makes you feel better…” Seungcheol reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a tennis ball. Lilly’s eyes immediately light up. “You want the ball, Lilly?” he asks in a cutesy voice, waving it back and forth in front of her nose. Before she can attempt to take it from him, he launches it as far as he can down the park. “Go get it!”

And like that, she goes running after it. A big smile on his face, Seungcheol turns back to you and spreads out his arms. “See? She can’t chase you if we’re the ones running after her.”

Impressed with just how much effort Seungcheol seems to be putting in to run with you, you chuckle and jog towards him. Shaking your head, you say, “Okay, let’s go get her.”

Satisfied with that reply, Seungcheol runs alongside you. “I warn you though. She can run for a really long time.”

“Don’t worry,” you say to him with a cheeky grin. “I can too.”

And man do you guys run. For the next however many miles, you and Seungcheol run all over the park, either chasing after Lilly or just letting her catch up from behind. The whole time, you two are chatting and getting to know each other, all while you’re holding in your desperate urge to explode. Seungcheol is just so cute. He tells you all about where he’s going to school and he asks you about yours. You two learn about each other’s daily schedules and find out that you have a mutual love for vanilla ice cream, scary movies, and BIGBANG. And this whole time that you’re running, you surprisingly never get too tired. It’s like Seungcheol gives you even more energy than the morning already does. And it’s a wonderful feeling.

You both finally take a break when Lilly gets so tired that she refuses to run any further. Hunching over to try and shake her up, Seungcheol chuckles and looks back at you. “I don’t think she’s getting up.”

You smile and use the back of your sleeve to wipe up all the sweat on your forehead. “I think I’m with her. That’s the most I’ve run in a while.”

Seungcheol smiles and offers you some of his water. His grey t-shirt is soaked through and it starts to outline his nice physique. “I hope you had as much fun as I did,” he says sweetly.

Catching your breath, you nod. “I did. It was really nice meeting you, Seungcheol.”

“You too,” he says.

As you waterfall from his bottle, you check your watch and see that it’s already 10:30. “Mmm!” you say as you tilt your head back up. Handing him the water bottle, you say, “I’m so sorry! I didn’t realize the time!”

Seungcheol checks himself and his eyes go wide. “Oh my god, yeah!”

“I’m sorry, but I really gotta go!” you say as you start to backpedal away. Waving, you shout, “I had fun! We should do this again sometime!”

Seungcheol smiles and waves back to you until he realizes, “Wait! I don’t have your number!”

But you’re already pretty far away. “Just find me tomorrow! Same time!” you call back.

“What if I can’t find you?!” he hollers, his hands cupped around his smiling mouth.

Stopping, you grin and yell back, “If you can’t, I bet Lilly can! Then you’ll hear me scream!”

Laughing, Seungcheol looks down and pets Lilly on the head. “Sounds like a plan!”

“Bye, Seungcheol!”

“Bye, (Y/N)!”

And with that, he watches you run off until you’re out of sight. With a sigh, he collapses on the grass next to Lilly. The whole time he tried not to let on that he was actually way more out of shape than you thought. Out of breath, he just lays there and stares at the sky, smiling over his great morning getting to know a complete stranger, until Lilly comes over and his face. Laughing, he hugs her head and grins back at her. her head, he daydreams of the girl she helped him meet. With a big smile, he says, “A pretty name for a very pretty girl.”


AGAIN ANON THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE REQUEST <3 hope you guys liked it and more to come :D