Seungcheol - Dear Santa

13 Days of SEVENTEEN

let day 2 commence!!! yes after a day of vernon, i hope you guys enjoy some cheesiness with our amazing leader XD thanks for reading!!

Word count: 1816

Genre: Fluff; Holidays/Christmas

Characters: You, Seungcheol, and the rest of SEVENTEEN

 

“How’s the wrapping going, guys?” Seungcheol asks as he carries in another box full of toys.

You and Chan look up from the ground. You hold your finger to the top of the neatly wrapped box as Chan ties the ribbon into a bow. Smiling up at your hardworking boyfriend, you say, “It’s all good here, baby.”

Putting down his stuff, he grins and comes over to sit next to you. Kissing you on the cheek, he beams. “Good.”

Looking past your PDA, Chan smiles and scans all around at the other members bringing in toys and wrapping presents. “This is really great, hyung,” he says to Seungcheol. “It’s awesome that we can do something like this for charity.”

Seungcheol lets out a deep breath and smiles back at him. “I’m glad, too.”

“It’s all thanks to you,” you compliment him, kissing him back.

Seungcheol has always loved to give back, especially during the holiday season. So this year, he decided to get involved with the Dear Santa charity event. The goal was to form teams that would go around their neighborhoods and collect toys or other donations to give to kids who were less fortunate. Obviously, Seungcheol jumped at the chance to be the best team, wanting to help as much as he could. All week, you two and the rest of the members knocked on every door within a ten mile radius. Singing, dancing, and basically doing anything they could to get donations, you all were doing a really great job. It brought such a big smile to Seungcheol’s face to see that you all could do this.

“Oh!” he says, jumping to his feet. “Before I forget! Guys!” he announces, redirecting his attention to everyone else in the room. They all pause to listen. “Cause this is for the Dear Santa charity, they want all of the volunteers to write letters to Santa and turn them in.”

“Aww, that’s cute,” Jeonghan says as he wraps up a new kitchen play set.

Seungcheol smiles at him. “Yeah, so whenever you guys get the chance, write yours, address it to the North Pole, and give it to (Y/N).” He looks down at you and raises an eyebrow. “You can handle that, right?” he teases.

You scoff and look over at Chan. “Do you think I can handle that?”

“I don’t know. Collecting mail?” he says sarcastically, shaking his head. “Sounds like work only Jihoon could do.”

You both giggle as Woozi screams from the corner, “Yah! Are you guys laughing at me?!”

You grin back up at your boyfriend. “I’ve got it, baby.”

“Thanks,” he says.

Just then, Vernon sighs and comes over to you all. Pulling a letter out of his back pocket, he hands it to you and says, “Make sure it gets there safely.”

The three of you pause and just stare at him. Seungcheol chuckles. “Hansol, you already wrote one?”

“You just have that on hand?” Chan teases.

Vernon scoffs and replies, “I’ve had that ready since my birthday.”

“That was February,” you point out.

“And?”

Seungcheol laughs and clutches him by the shoulder. “Thanks man. Help me with the rest of these toys.”

You laugh and look over at Chan as you start working on the next present. “What are you gonna ask Santa for, Chan?”

“I don’t know,” he says as he sees Woozi walk past you guys. “Maybe I’ll ask for SOME MORE LINES!” he screams in a joking manner.

You burst into laughter as Woozi quickly turns around. “I’M SORRY!” he shouts back. “You know the arrangements aren’t all up to me and there are so many of us!”

But Chan’s rolling on the floor laughing with you. “I’m just kidding, hyung!” he says to ease Woozi. “I actually really want a new backpack. My old one’s all tattered.”

Woozi sighs and comes to sit down with both of you. Spreading out some wrapping paper, he grabs a Legos set and cuts the paper to the appropriate size. “See, that I can definitely get you,” he says.

You chuckle and look over at the grumpier boy. “What about you, Woozi? Anything from Santa?”

Woozi thinks about it and replies, “Maybe a new guitar. Add another to my collection.”

“Maybe you can ask for a girlfriend so you have someone to sing all your love songs to,” Chan says through a laugh.

But Woozi just glares at him. “Is your job just to torment me?”

With a quick nod, Chan replies, “Yes. Yes it is.”

For the next few hours, all of you work to make sure everything’s perfect for the kids. As all the presents get wrapped, the members all eventually get their letters to you. By the end of it all, you’re holding twelve letters to Santa. Only two volunteers haven’t turned theirs in.

“Seungcheol-ah,” you say as you wrap your arms around your boyfriend from behind.

He’s busy stacking some boxes, but he doesn’t fail to rub your arms and show how pleased he is to have you here. “Hmm,” he cooes, looking over his shoulder at you. “Hey baby.”

You smile and gently rock back and forth. “You still haven’t turned in your letter to Santa.”

“Oh yeah!” he says as if he’s forgotten. “Sorry, I’ve just been so busy.”

“It’s fine, you’re doing a really good job dear.”

Wiggling out of your embrace, he turns around to smile at you face to face. “Did you write yours yet?”

“No, I was just about to.”

Taking your hand, he swings it back and forth. “Then let’s write them together.”

As the rest of the members are running around like elves, you and Seungcheol are writing your letters on the kitchen counter. Thinking over the past year, you’ve realize you haven’t put much thought into what you want for Christmas. Trying to come up with something, you glance over at your boyfriend. You chuckle slightly as you see him write with immense concentration, his tongue sticking out of the corner of his tongue. Looking back at your paper, you decide to keep it simple:

Dear Santa,

Thanks for another great year with Seungcheol. If you could, can you just make sure I get a lot more of those? That’s all I want for Christmas. Plus a new laptop. But really, more of that first thing. Thanks for everything.

Love,
(Y/N)

Satisfied, you grin and look back up to see that Seungcheol’s also put his pen down. “Done?”

He nods and stuffs his in an envelope. “Done,” he says, handing it over to you.

“What did you ask for?” you ask as you reach for it.

But Seungcheol quickly snatches it away. “You can’t read it!”

“What?!” you laugh, trying to get it from him. “I just want to know!”

“No!” he argues, smiling as he pushes you away. “You can’t read my letter!”

With a sigh, you roll your eyes and submit. “Fine, I won’t read it. Just tell me.”

Seungcheol laughs and hands you the envelope. He leans in to kiss you on the cheek, but he also whispers, “I’m not telling you.”

“Why not?!” you whine.

But he just ruffles your hair and walks away. “I’m trusting you with those letters!” he says as he goes over to help Joshua and Minghao.

“Fine,” you say under your breath, but your eyes immediately dart back down to Seungcheol’s envelope. Quickly, you gather all of the letters and head to the hallway. Parking it in front of the bathroom, you scan all around before you start to peek at Seungcheol’s letter to Santa.

“Whatcha doing?”

You immediately jump and turn around, hiding everything behind your back. “Damn it, Seungkwan!” you exclaim, clutching your heart. “You scared me!”

“Sorry!” he says, trying to look around you. “Are you reading the letters to Santa?”

Filled with shame, you slowly reveal what’s in your hands. “I was just gonna read Seungcheol’s,” you whisper.

“Oooh!” Seungkwan exclaims, obviously ignoring your bad deed. “Can I see Seokmin’s? I still don’t know what to get him?”

“What?” you laugh.

Seungkwan reaches out and looks through the stack of letters. “If you get to read one, then I want to, too!”

Glad that you have Seungkwan around to break the rules with, you let him look for Seokmin’s letter as you finally open Seungcheol’s. You’re not sure what you were expecting, but as you read, you just feel your heart light up.

Dear Santa,

With (Y/N), I really don’t have anything else to ask for. I just want to keep her and the other members happy. Merry Christmas!

Seungcheol

Smiling like an idiot, you read the letter over and over again, so you don’t notice when someone else comes up to you.

“What are you two doing?”

This time, both of you jump and turn around to find Seungcheol standing there with his hands on his hips. He doesn’t even look surprised. “(Y/N),” he says while shaking his head. “I expected this from you, but did you have to drag Seungkwan down with you?”

You’re about to defend yourself, but Seungkwan beats you to it. “Sorry, hyung! I was just—”

“Just go, Seungkwan,” Seungcheol says, gesturing out of the hall. “Just go.”

With a guilty look, Seungkwan hands you back the letter and quickly whispers, “Thanks, (Y/N). Seokmin wants new headphones.”

You chuckle as you watch Seungkwan scamper away, but you quickly frown when you lock eyes with Seungcheol. Throwing your hands up, you say, “I wasn’t doing anything.”

But Seungcheol just rolls his eyes and comes closer to you until he can wrap his arms around your waist. “I told you not to read mine.”

“I’m sorry! But it was so tempting!” You laugh into his lips as you lean up and kiss him. Pulling away, you look into his big eyes and say, “It was a really sweet letter.”

Embarrassed that you saw what he wrote, he says, “Looks like somebody’s going on the naughty list.”

Grimacing, you give him an uneasy smile. “That sounds so dirty.”

Bursting into laughter, he rubs his forehead against yours. “Well, I guess you’re not getting that new laptop.”

You pull your head back and look at him suspiciously. “Wait, how’d you know I asked for a new laptop?”

With a big smile, Seungcheol whips out your letter from his pocket. “It makes me feel so good to know that I’m not the only thing you want,” he teases.

Snatching it back from him, you blush. “Wow! You get mad at me for reading yours, but you go and take mine?!”

“You never said I couldn’t read it!” he laughs, holding you in his arms.

Burying your face into his chest, you just laugh. “You should be on the naughty list,” you tease.

Nuzzling his nose into your hair, he cheesily says, “If you’re there too, I won’t mind.”


AGHHH CAN YOU HEAR ME CRINGE XD ahh coups is so great i cannot <3 anyway more to come!! happy coups day everyone! ALL 3 COUPS ONESHOTS FROM TODAY :D