Hoshi - Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

13 Days of SEVENTEEN

alright lets get it with some soonyoung on day 6!! hope you guys like it <3

Word count: 1016

Genre: Fluff; Christmas

Characters: You, Hoshi, and the others

 

“What about this one?” Seungcheol asks.

Soonyoung puts his hand to his chin and examines the tree his leader’s pointing out. “Hmmmm,” he mutters before shaking his head completely. “Nope. Too thin.”

Seungcheol shares a collective groan with you and Jihoon. You slouch into your boyfriend’s side and say, “Baby, we’ve been here for hours. This lot is huge. We’re never gonna find a tree up to your standards.”

Soonyoung throws his arm around you and leads the way through the collection of awaiting trees. “(Y/N), the perfect tree is here somewhere! We can’t just give up!”

Following behind, Jihoon whispers to Seungcheol, “We should’ve let him take Mingyu and Seokmin.”

“I heard that,” Soonyoung says back to them.

You and Seungcheol giggle as Jihoon sighs and argues, “Soonyoung, it’s just a tree! We’re gonna decorate it and then it’s gonna die. Why are you putting so much effort into finding the right one?”

Seungcheol smiles and nudges the shorter boy with his arm. “Grinch,” he teases.

“Shut up,” he says with a nudge back. “I’m just saying, you’re so specific. All the ones we’ve pointed out are either too fat, too thin, too stocky, or too green. Soonyoung, tell me. How can a tree be too green?”

Soonyoung smiles over his shoulder as he stops in front of another tall fir. Examining its leaves, he answers, “Jihoonie, the tree is like the best part about Christmas. It needs to be the right shape and height and smell and even color, okay? You’ll love it when we bring it home.”

Always happy to see your boyfriend in such a spirited mood during the holidays, you throw your hands in your pockets and ask, “But sweetie, why is it so important to you?”

Soonyoung relaxes his shoulders and grins back at you. Taking your hands out of their pockets, he holds them in his own. Swinging them back and forth, he explains, “You remember what Hoshi is in Japanese right?”

“Star,” you easily reply.

With a nod, he pulls you into a hug and says, “I just want to have the perfect place to put that star on top of the tree. When that happens, it shines the brightest and makes for an even better Christmas.”

Infatuated with this boy and how adorable his reasons are, you tilt your head up to find his smiling face. “You’re my favorite star, love.”

He leans down and leaves a quick, playful kiss on your lips. His little eyes shine as he says, “You’re mine.”

As you two stand there in your warm embrace, Jihoon calls over from a few feet away, “Hey Star! What about this one?”

Chuckling, Hoshi lets you go and you two wander over to find Jihoon and Seungcheol in front of a massive Christmas tree. Its leaves and branches stick out to give it the perfect body. A beautiful forest green, it smells like Christmas.

Soonyoung steps back and throws his hands on his hips. Looking it up and down, he circles the base to check everything. The three of you watch with anticipation. He comes back around, feels some of the leaves, and smiles this giant smile. “This is it!” he cheers.

The rest of you jump in your merriment. “Nice work, Jihoon!” you say, patting him on the back.

He smiles and slightly bows. “All in a day’s attempt to get home faster.”

You grin and walk over to Soonyoung, who’s completely giddy. Hugging him around the waist from behind, you ask him, “Is it perfect for your star?”

Soonyoung smiles and looks over at you. “Definitely.”

After getting some help to secure the tree onto the car, the four of you head to the apartment to put up the perfect tree. The whole time, Soonyoung’s just off-the-walls happy, talking about how beautiful the decorations are going to look and how the other members are going to freak at how awesome the tree is. Once at the apartment, you get some help from Mingyu and Wonwoo to drag the tree indoors. By the time Seungcheol’s securing the base, all the members have gathered round and Soonyoung is ready to explode.

Jumping up and down, he holds you to try and contain himself. “THIS IS AMAZING!”

Laughing, you’re just thrilled to see your boy so happy. “Merry Christmas, Hoshi.”

He turns to you with the softest smile. Kissing you on the top of your head, he whispers back, “Merry Christmas, (Y/N).”

“Alright,” Seungcheol says as he and Seokmin lean the tree up. “Are you guys ready?”

“YES!!” Soonyoung shouts at the top of his lungs.

Chan giggles and says, “Hyung, it’s a beautiful tree.”

“You’ll see it’s even more beautiful upright,” he says, hugging his younger member tightly.

Chan laughs as he wiggles out of his grip. “Here we go!”

You all watch as the tree finally gets put up straight, but there’s a moment of silence as you all watch what you weren’t expecting. As perfect as this gorgeous tree was, Soonyoung forgot to put into account one very important detail: it’s too tall. The top of the tree smashes into the ceiling and presses against it, smooshing a good portion of its peak.

A roar of laughter explodes behind you as Soonyoung stands there speechless. All the members are laughing and having a blast seeing this disaster, because it’s definitely something to laugh about. But your poor boyfriend looks pretty heartbroken.

“Baby!” you say through your chuckles. Hugging him in your arms, you look up and smile. “It’s okay! It’s still the perfect tree.”

Pouting, Soonyoung looks down at you. With a disappointed sigh, he quietly asks, “Where are we gonna put the star?”

You smile a little bigger and hug him even tighter. “Right here,” you say. “My star can stay right here.”

Enthralled with your cheesiness, Soonyoung automatically lights up. Letting go of his disappointment, he hugs you back and kisses you right on the lips. Releasing for a breath of air, he smiles from ear to ear and says, “Aww, baby. You’re the best part about Christmas.”


hope you guys liked that and more hoshi soon later today!! he seriously hurts my heart jesus this buy is so cute XDi know ive been dropping a lot of these lately so thank you so much for reading <3