Vernon - I Need Warmth

13 Days of SEVENTEEN

alright here we go! let us commence the holiday season <3 vernon has been wrecking my heart so I thought it would be appropriate to start with him XD hope you guys like it!

Word count: 1077

Genre: Fluff; Winter

Characters: You, Vernon, and the rest of SEVENTEEN

 

“Glad you could make it out,” Vernon whispers in your ear. It’s so cold outside, his breath against your skin makes you all tingly.

You smile back at him as you and the rest of the members walk through the park. It would’ve been pitch black, but the lampposts at every few feet give the white snow a gorgeous shimmer. Everything around you seems to be glowing, including Vernon’s adorable face. “I didn’t want to miss this.”

Pulling you closer to him, he gives you a peck on the forehead as you all continue along.

“Whose bright idea was it to come to the park at this time of night?” Woozi bitterly asks as snow falls over his pink head.

Seungcheol laughs and wraps his arm over the shivering boy’s shoulders. His puffy, white jacket makes it look like Seungcheol’s squeezing a giant marshmallow. “We said we’d come out to see the first snow fall together! Just so happened that snow falls at 1am.”

You hear your boyfriend chuckle, his head just above yours as he holds you under his arm. Always amused by his hyungs, Vernon adds, “Come on, Woozi! It’s so beautiful out! You look like a snow fairy!”

“Aish!” Woozi snarkily growls, quickly brushing the flakes gently resting on his hair. “It’s so cold out here!”

Before Vernon can anymore, from the front of the crowd, Chan’s bouncing up and down, eagerly pointing ahead of him and screaming, “GUYS! HURRY UP! LOOK AT HOW PRETTY THE PLAYGROUND IS!”

Immediately, he breaks off into a sprint, which obviously makes everyone else run, too. “Ya! Chan, wait up!” Minghao screams, trying to chase down the maknae. “Don’t slip on the jungle gym!”

With a laugh, Chan calls back, “A little ice never scared me!”

You scare me!” Minghao shouts. “Don’t fall!

With a giggle, you watch them all run ahead. Vernon laughs too and looks down at you. With a suggestive eyebrow raise, he says, “Race you.”

Returning the game face, you reply, “Bring it on, Meme-sol.”

“Oh, wow,” he scoffs, letting his head fall back with that stupid look on his face. “We’re starting the trash talk early then.” Shaking his head, he tosses his arm off of you. “I guess that’s not the only thing starting early!” And before he even finished that sentence, he was already running off.

Quickly processing how much of a little cheater your boyfriend is, you wipe the shocked look off your face and chase after him. You watch his sweater bounce against his back and his legs pump to get away. Trying to keep up, you scream, “Ya! That was so cheap!” But at the same time, you can’t help but laugh from how cute he looks from behind.

Looking over his shoulder, he flashes you that signature, gummy smile. “This is for calling me a meme!”

“But you’re my favorite meme!” you laugh back.

“Oh, well in that case.” Immediately, he stops in his tracks and turns around, catching you as you collide into his chest. Wrapped in his arms, you and your momentum push both of you backwards into the soft snow.

Both of you laughing, he smiles at you resting on top of him. “I think I won this one.”

You grin back at him and lean up to peck him on the lips. “I’ll let you have it,” you whisper back.

As you two lay there, the snow continues to fall. In the background, you can hear the other members playing around. “The snow’s so pretty,” you easily say.

Vernon kisses you on the forehead. “Not as pretty as you.”

“You’re a dork,” you say as you start to push yourself up, feeling your hands get colder in the process.

With a big smile, Vernon sits up and lets you roll off his stomach. He stands and reaches out his hand to help you up. But as you take his hand, you feel how soaked your gloves are. “Aw, crap,” you say as you get to your feet.

With his dry gloves, he asks, “What’s wrong?”

Looking down at your hands, you sigh. “I think I pushed my hands into a puddle or something.” Taking off the wet gloves, you expose your hands to the freezing air. “Ahh, it’s so cold!” Cupping them around your mouth, you try to warm them with your breath.

Immediately, Vernon clasps them in his own. “(Y/N)! It’s freezing! You can’t not have gloves!”

“Well, I can’t wear mine,” you tell him.

Without a second thought, Vernon slips out of his gloves and starts putting them over your shaking hands. “Here. Wear mine.”

Able to see the cold air as he breathed, you tried to pull away. “No! Baby, then you’ll be cold!”

But Vernon just chuckles and wraps you up. Even without his gloves, his hands feel so warm. “I’m fine. Don’t worry,” he reassures you with a gentle smile.

You uneasily look up at him. “What about your hands?”

Without another word, he takes you by the shoulders and spin you around. Leaning his chin right by your ear, you feel his arms around you from behind. His hands find their way to your jacket’s front pockets. “How’s that?”

Even though it’s negative something degrees, he somehow manages to make your cheeks heat up. “You have to hold me like this the whole time now,” you tease.

He smiles that beautiful smile of his. “Yes. I have to hold you like this from now on.”

“Okay.”

You both laugh as you make your way to the rest of the members. They’re all running around, throwing snowballs and having a blast. As you walk, you can feel Vernon tightening his hug around you. Even after being with him for so long, he always gives you butterflies. Looking over your shoulder, you see his soft cheeks and the way some snowflakes balance on his hair. “You make a really cute snow fairy too,” you say.

He chuckles and says, “I love you baby.” Leaving another kiss by your ear, he makes your insides tingle. Everything about Vernon just makes you melt, even in this freezing weather. His dorky smile is enough to warm every part of you. Pulling away, he quietly tells you, “But I still think Jihoon’s the cutest fairy.”

Laughing out loud, you’re about to answer, but Woozi from the other side of the playground beats you to it. “I’M NOT A FAIRY!”


Hope you guys liked that! This was my first ever vernon fic and got its been a while since i posted a one shot so ive really missed this <3 ALL 3 VERNON FICS ADDED TODAY SO CHECK EM OUT IF YOU WANT :D THANKS FOR READING!!