Wonwoo - Shop, Shop, Shop

13 Days of SEVENTEEN

happy wonwoo day yall!! day five here we go <3

Word count: 720

Genre: Fluff; Christmas

Characters: You, Wonwoo, and mentions of the other members

 

“We’re making really good progress, dear.”

You look up from the wrack of clothes you’re scouring to find your boyfriend’s pleased smile. “I think so,” you agree.

Scrolling through his phone, Wonwoo comes up to you as he drags half of the shopping bags, you holding the rest. “Can we go through the list one more time?”

You smile back at him. “Sure, baby.”

He leans over and gives you a quick peck on the head before reading his list. “Okay, Seungcheol.”

“A new coat. Check.”

“Jeonghan?” he asks.

“Hair dryer,” you reply, holding up a rather bulky bag. “Check.”

“Joshua?”

“That Naruto wall scroll he really wanted.”

“Chan? Hansol? Seungkwan?”

Glancing through the bags, you reply, “An MJ glove. A new tennis racket. Those red Converse.”

Nodding along, Wonwoo continues. “Hoshi? Jihoon?”

“New sweat suit. Set of bongos.”

Wonwoo chuckles as you both make your way through the store. “He’s gonna love those bongos.”

“Who else?” you laugh.

“Minghao, Junhui, and Seokmin.”

“Mmm, new speakers, new sweater, and that puzzle he’s been weirdly asking for,” you tell him.

“Alright then, that just leaves…,” Wonwoo says just before he sighs. “Mingyu.”

Through a laugh, you turn back and look up at him. “You say that like it’s a bad thing.”

“He’s just so hard to shop for,” Wonwoo groans as you two step out of the store. Walking down the mall, he puts his phone away and throws his arm over your shoulder. Resting his head on yours, he says, “What do you buy for someone like that?”

“Oh come on,” you tease, hitting your hip against him. “You know Mingyu so well, you could probably get him anything. You guys are practically in a more serious relationship than we are.”

Wonwoo chuckles and says, “I wouldn’t go that far, but fine.” He turns to look down at you with his always soft, gleaming eyes. “What do you get for someone so special?”

Thinking it through, you purse your lips and imagine what Mingyu would probably like. “Maybe a new keyboard for his desktop?”

“That’s nice, that’s nice,” Wonwoo says with a nod. He tries to get a better look at your face. “How would you feel about a new keyboard?”

You furrow your eyebrows at him. “Uhhh, I don’t have a desktop, baby.”

“Right,” Wonwoo realizes. Biting his bottom lip, he asks, “What else do you think he would like?”

“Ooh, how about one of those cool Amazon Echo thingies,” you suggest. “Ya know, that thing you can talk to? Her name’s Alexa.”

“I feel like Mingyu would just ask her stupid questions,” Wonwoo jokes. Mimicking Mingyu’s voice, he says, “Alexa, where do Nilla wafers come from? Alexa, why are gummy worms so popular? Alexa, how many does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?”

Laughing more than you should, you hug him around the waist. “Why are all of Mingyu’s questions about sweets?”

“Why indeed,” he sighs, leaning into you more. Watching you giggle, he smiles and asks, “What about you? Would you use an Echo?”

“I don’t know,” you reply. “I don’t think Alexa would like my questions as much as Mingyu’s.”

“Alright then,” Wonwoo says, trying to think of a better way to get an answer from you. “What do you think I should get for someone I talk to every day, somebody who’s always there for me? What do I get for someone I love way more than they know?”

Looking over at Wonwoo suspiciously, you can see that signature shimmer in his eyes. Squinting at him, you ask, “Baby, are you still talking about Mingyu?”

Wonwoo scoffs and looks away. “Of course we’re still talking about Mingyu! Who else would that be?”

“I have no idea who else that would be,” you say sarcastically.

Wonwoo laughs and says, “Just tell me what I should get for that special person.”

“Awww baby,” you say as you stop walking. You turn to face him and say, “All I want…” You reach up and pull him down by the collar. Leaving a gentle kiss on his lips, you unlock to smile at him. “…is you.”

Blushing, Wonwoo presses his forehead to yours. Kissing you one more time, he pulls away and chuckles. “Yeah, I don’t think Mingyu would want that.”


i feel like shopping for all the members would take way longer than just a day of shopping oh god but shopping with wonwoo would make it worth <3 more of this cutie on the way!!!