The8 - Don't Be So Elfish

13 Days of SEVENTEEN

aghh this ones a day late but its still for day 8!!! hope you guys like some more christmassy stuff with cute elf minghao XD

Request: (from  schmoopy_17! thank you so much and I hope you like this <3); AU where you’re all elves and 97 line causes trouble for their elf boss, Minghao

Word count: 1234

Genre: Fluff; Elves!AU

Characters: You, Minghao, Mingyu, and Seokmin

 

“Mingyu! Seokmin! Hurry up! You’re so slow!” Minghao shouted, carrying a bunch of presents in his elf arms. Christmas was just around the corner and he couldn’t afford to have the others slacking off.

Mingyu sighed and quickly wrapped the toy train he was inspecting. “I can’t believe they put you in charge,”he grumbled as he took a new toy off the conveyer belt. “Power’s really gotten to your head, man.”

Minghao scoffed and put more presents in his wagon. “I’m in charge cause you guys can’t do anything right!”

“We’re doing fine!” Seokmin argued, still laughing through it all. Out of the three of them, he was definitely the most cheerful despite the rush they were in. “We’ll have inspected all of these toys well before Santa needs them.”

Slumping over a little, Minghao opened the door of their workshop room and dragged his wagon behind him. “I really hope so,” he said. “I’ll be right back. Please don’t mess anything up while I’m gone.”

“You treat us like we’re kids,” Mingyu huffed.

“We’re elves. We might as well be,” Minghao said as he left the room.

Seokmin glanced over at his fellow elf. Adjusting his nifty, green Christmas hat, he said, “Don’t be so tough on him. He’s under a lot of stress.”

“He’s putting us under a lot of stress,” Mingyu said back, but he understood. “Christmas is so soon and it feels like we’re so behind.”

“We’re not behind,” Seokmin said reassuringly. “We can just pick up the pace a bit and it’ll all be done soon.”

Mingyu glanced over at the toy machine that shot out of all of the presents for the good girls and boys. Usually, the toys were perfect, but Minghao, Mingyu, and Seokmin were there to check and make sure none of them weren’t. Watching the machine put out toys at an easy pace, Mingyu wasn’t satisfied. Getting up from his work station, he said, “Maybe this thing can pick up the pace a bit.”

“What? Mingyu, I don’t know if that’s a good idea,” Seokmin said, hastily following behind.

“I’m just gonna crank this up a little,” Mingyu said as he opened the machine’s back panel. A series of colorful lights and buttons flashed before him.

“Mingyu, I don’t think—”

“Don’t worry about it,” Mingyu interrupted him, cranking a few levers.

Slightly panicking, Seokmin pulled up his stockings. “Minghao’s not gonna like this!”

“It’s fine,” Mingyu chuckled. “We’re just gonna speed up the process.” And with that, he flipped a switch.

Immediately, the machine let out a terrible sound. The conveyer belt started to speed up and the entire machine was screaming. Mingyu and Seokmin plugged their ears and watched in horror as toys started flying out of the machine’s mouth. Lights beamed all over the room as balls, trucks, dolls, and blocks were being thrown into every corner.

“OH MY GOD, MINGYU!” Seokmin screamed, pushing the other elf aside. Pushing every button in sight, he had no idea how to fix this.

“I MIGHT’VE MADE IT GO TOO FAST!”

“YOU THINK?!”

Freaking out, the two of them tried to stop the machine, but it only made things worse. Shaking and whirring, the toy machine was out of control. And in the middle of this chaos, the front door opened and Minghao came back inside.

“Guys, what’s all the—”

Stopping dead in his tracks, Minghao shut the door behind him as he watched the toy machine completely devastate the room. Toys piled high, everything was a mess. His eyes shot to Mingyu and Seokmin and they swear they could see fire behind them. “WHAT DID YOU TWO DO?!”

“IT WASN’T ME!” Seokmin screamed over the noise. Pointing to Mingyu, he threw him under the bus. “MINGYU DID IT!”

“MINGYU!”

Sweating, Mingyu ran over to him. “I’M SORRY! I WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE THINGS GO FASTER!”

With a gruff, Minghao hung his head before springing into action. Running over to Seokmin, he tried to figure out how the controls worked. “HOW DID YOU EVEN DO THIS?!”

“I JUST FLIPPED THE SWITCH!” Mingyu screamed, holding onto his hat for dear life. “WE FLIPPED IT BACK BUT IT’S NOT WORKING!”

Minghao groaned and looked up at the menacing machine. “WE’RE GONNA HAVE TO TURN IT OFF MANUALLY!”

Before the other two could ask what that meant, Minghao was already jumping on top of the machine. “MINGHAO WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” Seokmin yelled, worried that his fellow elf would fall onto the conveyer belt and get flung off like all the toys. “BE CAREFUL!”

“THERE’S GOTTA BE A SWITCH OR SOMETHING UP HERE!” Minghao yelled back, searching all over the machine.

Mingyu and Seokmin were running all over the place, dodging toys as they tried to pile up the others until Minghao could fix the mess. But as all of that’s going on, you walked in, prepared to visit your boyfriend and his co-elves, with a batch of cookies. “MINGHAO! I BROUGHT YOU GUYS SOME—”

But before you can even finish your sentence, a toy teapot flew into your hands and knocked the cookies out. “WHAT THE—”

“(Y/N)!” Mingyu screamed. “GET DOWN!”

Following orders, you dropped to the ground and tried to look up. On top of the toy machine gone wild, you saw your boyfriend. “MINGHAO! WHAT’S GOING ON?!” you screamed.

“(Y/N), THE MACHINE’S GONE CRAZY!” he explained. “WE CAN’T TURN IT OFF!”

Pressed against the floor, you looked all around at the piles of toys all around the room. Any longer, the room would fill up entirely. But as you glanced around, you saw the plug to the machine. Army crawling across the floor, you quickly got to the plug and pulled it out of the wall. Instantly, the machine whirred to a halt and the toys stopped flying out.

Waiting to make sure everything had truly stopped and that he wasn’t just dead, Minghao peeked out from under his hat and scanned the destroyed room. Sitting up straight, he gave a sigh of relief. Mingyu and Seokmin slumped to the ground. “Thank god!” Mingyu screamed.

Jumping down from the machine, Minghao gave you the biggest hug an elf could give to one another. Kissing you all over the face, he dramatically said, “You saved us all!”

Laughing, you pushed him off. “What even happened?”

Immediately switching back to boss mode, Minghao turned and glared at Mingyu. Storming over at him, he yelled, “I told you not to mess anything up!”

“I’m sorry!” Mingyu said, throwing his hands up. His elf uniform all out of sorts, he straightened out his shirt. “I was just trying to help.”

Tired of yelling so much, Minghao just sighed and looked at his two co-elves. Putting his hands on their shoulders, he said, “Let’s just get these toys out for Christmas, okay?”

With giant smiles, they both saluted him. “Yes sir!”

Minghao nodded and let them get back to work. Looking back at you, he grinned. “Thanks for stopping by (Y/N).”

You laughed and said, “I just wanted to drop off some cookies. Sorry that I ACTUALLY dropped them.”

Minghao giggled and kissed you on the forehead. Playing with the jingle bells on your dress, he said, “Don’t worry about it.”

Smiling at him, you asked, “Do you want me to help you guys here?”

Dropping his shoulders, Minghao sighed and weakly smiled. “Yes please.”


ahhhhh hope yall liked that!! sorry its late but ill be posting for the next member much later today XD aghhh minghao wrecking me so hard these days and even more for the holidays! <3