Hoshi - What an A**hole

13 Days of SEVENTEEN

alright just finished it up but happy hoshi day guys (Title: What an if it wasnt obvious XD)

Word count: 2095

Genre: Angst? AU where Hoshi’s an and Jisoo’s your brother

Characters: You, Hoshi, Joshua, Jeonghan, Mingyu, and mentions of Hansol

Link: To masterpost that I’ll be updating for 13 Days of SEVENTEEN <3

 

“Jisoo!” you hollered as you heard the front door open.

There was so no answer so you went to check if your brother was home. Jogging up to the entrance of the apartment, you said again, “Jisoo!”

His back to you, Jisoo bent down to take off his shoes. “(Y/N), when’d you get home?”

“Like half an hour ago,” you answered, leaning against the wall. Crossing your arms, you nodded your head at him and asked, “Where’ve you been?”

“Umm, busy,” he replied.

“What does that mean?” you scoffed, not letting your older brother hide much from you. He was only older than you by a year, so you two had a mutual agreement that you were pretty much on the same grounds, especially since you lived without your parents.

“Just go away, (Y/N),” he said under his breath, refusing to look at you.

A bit thrown off, it wasn’t like Jisoo to be so standoffish without a reason. Standing up straight, you had a concerned look on your face as you walked over him. “What the hell, Jisoo? What’s the matter with—” But you didn’t finish your sentence. You’re dumbfounded after you took him by the shoulders and forced him to look your way. Little did you know that he wasn’t worried about looking at you. He didn’t want you to see him.

Shaken to your core, you stared at your bruised and battered brother. His lip was puffy and cut while there were fresh purple spots all over his face. Blood trickled down from wounds you couldn’t even yet identify. “Jisoo, what happened to you?” you finally managed to ask.

Jisoo looked at you and clearly didn’t want to elaborate. He swallowed and walked past you. “I’m fine,” he said weakly, obviously hiding something.

“You’re fine?” you asked, following him to the kitchen and not believing a word of that. “How the hell can you be fine?!”

“This is none of your business, (Y/N),” he said, refusing to look you in the eyes as he threw his backpack on the kitchen counter.

“Who did this to you?” you aggressively asked, knowing that your brother wasn’t that dumb to have done this to himself.

“Nobody,” he said, opening his bag to take out the dirty tupperware from his lunch.

You couldn’t look anywhere else but at those clear signs of abuse all over your brother’s face. You couldn’t even imagine the pain he must’ve been in, but it was hurting you immensely just looking at him. “Jisoo, who the did this to you?!”

Slamming his hands down on the counter, Jisoo took in an angry breath and finally looked at you. “You know I don’t like it when you curse.”

Glaring back at him, you threw your arms out and angrily replied, “Well, I don’t ing like it when my brother looks like he just got assaulted by a gang! Now tell me! Who did this to you?!”

Panting through his quivering breaths, Jisoo clenched his teeth as he stared you down. For as long as he could remember, he had never beat his younger sister in a staring contest, and that day was no different.

Dropping his head, Jisoo sighed and submitted. He hated seeing you so upset, but he didn’t want you to get involved. “It was Soonyoung, okay?”

Furrowing your eyebrows, you squinted at him. “Kwon Soonyoung?” you asked as if you didn’t hear that right, feeling your fists tighten at the sound of that name.

“Yeah,” he said heavily.

Kwon Soonyoung was a student in your brother’s grade and to you his name was synonymous with “.” You’d heard stories all around school about the leather jacket wearing douche-bag who bullied kids and beat up anybody who crossed him. You’d seen him around the halls and your friends would quiver as he walked by, but you refused to fear him. You had never even spoken to him before but you hated him with every fiber of your being. He and his little posse were responsible for the suffering of so many people and you couldn’t stand that. To you, he was a complete and utter .

Steaming with rage, you turned and headed for the front door. “That motherer,” you said under your breath.

Now it was Jisoo’s turn to chase after you. “Where are you going?!” he yelled, catching up and grabbing you by the wrist.

You spun around and immediately pulled out of his grip. “I’m gonna go give that a piece of my mind!”

“(Y/N), I knew you would get like this!” Jisoo yelled, no stranger to your quick reactions. “I don’t want you to get involved with that idiot!”

“Why did he do this to you?!”

Jisoo sighed and pulled his hair out of the way. You clenched when you saw even more bruises. “He was pounding on Hansol again and I tried to step in. Obviously I’m no match for him.”

Your heart dropped as you looked at your peace loving brother. He was never one to resort to violence and he always tried to keep a level head. The complete opposite of you. You were one to do things on a whim and without fully thinking. You reacted way too quickly for it to be a good idea.

“Well I am,” you said, still going for the door.

“(Y/N), DON’T!” Jisoo screamed, holding you back. Even though he refused to fight, your brother was really strong.

Struggling to escape, you yelled back, “I can’t let him get away with this!”

“You can’t go up against him!”

“Why?! Cause I’m a girl?!”

“It has nothing to do with that! If you were my brother, I wouldn’t want you to go either!” he yelled, wrestling you to the point his arms were wrapped around.

Pushing against him, you screamed, “Jisoo, look what he did to you!”

“Yeah! And I don’t want to imagine what he’ll do to you!” your brother hollered. Holding you close to his chest, he could feel you breathing heavily, so completely angry. Trying to calm you down, he lowered his voice. “It’s not worth it, (Y/N).”

So thoroughly mad, you finally sighed and gave up fighting your brother. As much as you were being protective, so was he. Releasing your anger for the moment, you looked up at his beaten face. “But look at you.”

Even in his pain, Jisoo managed to smile. Letting you go, he stepped back and said, “I’m fine, okay?”

“You know I hate him, right?”

Jisoo chuckled. “Yeah, I know. Just forget about Soonyoung and we’ll both be fine.”

It was so hard for you to even think about doing that, but your brother was worth listening to. Weakly smiling back, you nodded. “Fine.”

— — —

Following from several feet away, you watched in disgust as Soonyoung laughed and walked home with his friends.

“I swear, that Hansol kid is never gonna stop being that stupid,” Jeonghan chuckled, twirling Hansol’s bracelet on his finger. “When is he gonna learn?”

Soonyoung snickered and smiled, much like a villain in some bad 80’s TV show. “Some of them never do.”

Mingyu laughed with them and slapped Soonyoung on the back as they stopped in front of an alley. You stopped as well and hid behind a fruit stand, waiting for your chance. “See you tomorrow, hyung,” Mingyu said.

Looking at all three of them made your skin crawl. s, you thought.

Soonyoung nodded and waved as he stepped into the alley. “Later.”

You waited until Jeonghan and Mingyu were further down the street to spring into action. Determined and pissed again, you stormed up to the alley and found Soonyoung just before he was about to enter his apartment building. “HEY !” you screamed, no fear anywhere near you. Just. Rage.

Surprised but still calm, Soonyoung turned over to see you. Amused by the short school girl yelling at him, he smirked and raised an eyebrow. “Who, me?”

Annoyed, you glared at him and walked up closer. “No, I’m talking to the even bigger standing behind you,” you replied sarcastically.

Soonyoung scoffed and approached you. Squinting a bit, he couldn’t recognize you. “Do I know you?”

“(Y/N),” you answered flatly. “We don’t really run in the same circles.” You stopped when you were right in front of him. Never having been this close to him, you could now see that Soonyoung was just as douchey looking face to face. He had this stupid expression that showed his superiority and it made you want to punch him even more. But even more annoyingly, you had to admit that he was pretty good looking.

Staring down at you, he clearly wasn’t intimidated. “Then how do you know I’m an ?” he asked smugly.

“Lucky guess.”

With a slight chuckle, Soonyoung smiled down at you. It made you want to spit on him. “You’re a very good guesser,” he whispered, leaning down to be just a little closer to you.

All of a sudden, an image of your bruised brother flashed before your eyes. Shoving Soonyoung away, you let out a heavy breath. Seething with anger, you got to the point that brought you there. “You don’t know me, but you did a number on my brother yesterday.”

Trying to remember all the people he tormented, Soonyoung raised an eyebrow at you. “Hansol’s your brother?”

“Jisoo,” you corrected, clenching your fist.

“Ahhh,” he said, stepping forward. “The stupid American.”

Your arm twitched and you were prepared to strangle him. “That’s the one,” you said in between your teeth. What was just as irritating was how fast your heart was beating with him so close.

Nodding, Soonyoung stuck out his lip, remembering how easy it was to take Jisoo down. He chuckled at the thought. “Well, I’m sorry then.”

“For what,” you replied, knowing no apology from him was sincere.

With a shrug, Soonyoung said, “Sorry you have such a lame brother.”

Your blood pulsing, you couldn’t hold back anymore. Before you knew it, your fist was flying to Soonyoung’s face.

But his reflexes were too fast. “Woah!” he said, not in the way that someone would if they were scared, but in the way that someone would if a little kid were trying to hit them. Catching your fist, he held you and smiled his patronizing smile. “You don’t wanna do that, girlie.”

Pulling your hand away from him, you couldn’t stand hearing that condescending tone. Staring him down, you said, “Why the hell would you do that to him?”

“He got in my way, girlie,” he said, repeating that demeaning nickname. “Nobody gets in my way.” He stepped even closer to you as he spoke.

You could tell that he was trying to intimidate you, and no way in hell were you going to let that work. Unfortunately, the alley was so small that there wasn’t much space for you to step back. Backed into a wall, you could feel your heart beat even faster, which was so incredibly irritating. Staring into his slanted eyes, you saw a shimmer. “You’re really something else,” you aggressively snapped, not masking any of your anger.

He could tell you weren’t afraid, and that weirdly made him want to get even closer to you. “What’re you gonna do about it?” he asked, tilting his head ever so slightly. “Girlie?”

With him so close, you could feel Soonyoung’s breath against your skin, making you tingle all over. Your rage was still consuming you, but something about Soonyoung’s cocky- behavior was getting to you…in a different way. Your heart pounding in your ears, your glare slipped from his eyes to his lips. You felt yourself lose control and, like always, you reacted way too quickly to be a good idea.

“Why is that so hot?” you said under your breath as you reached out and pulled Soonyoung in by the neck for a kiss.

And he kissed you right back. Throwing his hands to your hips, he pressed his body up against yours, smooshing your back against the brick wall. Sloppily fitting your mouths together, you got lost in his horribly sensual aura. His leather jacket rubbed against your uniform and got you all tingly. Gaining a little control as you two just made out in that alley, you pushed him up and he unlocked. Glaring into his eyes, you flatly told him, “You know I hate you, right?”

Soonyoung smirked and kissed you again. Between your lips, he whispered, “Whatever floats your boat, girlie.”


agh ive never done a bad boy type thing but this feels very ual and this douchey character is the exact opposite of our beautiful sweet hoshi so i hope you still liked it! more fics tomorrow <3