Joshua - Clean Up on Aisle 17

13 Days of SEVENTEEN

slightly different from the fics where the members are all still part of seventeen, but hopefully you guys like it!

Word count: 1934

Genre: Fluff; slight AU where seventeens been around for years and lately Joshua’s been having a hard time with the attention theyve been getting

Characters: You, Joshua, Hansol, Seokmin, and Seungcheol

 

“I’m gonna get the ice cream,” Seungcheol said, making a right and disappearing down the freezer aisle.

Vernon chuckled, “How is he the oldest out of us?”

“How are you one of the youngest, manly man?” Seokmin teased. “I’m gonna get the cream and milk. What else do we need?”

“Um,” Jisoo replied, thinking it over quickly. “Eggs, snacks, soju…”

“I’ll get the soju,” Vernon said. He was gone before the others could say anything.

Seokmin laughed, pointing in Vernon’s direction with his thumb. “Seriously, the maknaes and their alcohol.”

“I’ll get the snacks,” Jisoo said through a laugh. The two went down separate aisles in search of their groceries. He had to walk a bit further, aisle 17, before he found what he was looking for. Various chips, drinks, and candies lined the shelves. Jisoo, himself, was a big foodie, enjoying anything he put in his mouth and spitting out anything he didn’t. He grabbed a few bags of potato chips, hearing the crunch and crackle of the bag dance of his fingertips. He remembered Chan’s favorite candies and picked out some of those.

He thought to himself, Okay, Chan likes Hi-chew. Got those. What else? Ah, Minghao likes Cheetos. Reaching up slightly, he pulled a packet of Cheetos and added it to the nook in his arm. What else? What else? Umm, what do I like? Oh, sodas, we need more sodas. Do we? No we don’t need it we have plenty of drinks…agh, I’ll get it anyway. Anything he thought of he just piled on. Okay, so we’ve got chips, cookies, candies, drinks. Am I missing anything? I should’ve gotten a cart. Oh, we need more gum. He scanned the shelves and realized that the gum would be at the checkout, meaning he was all finished. He smiled to himself, proud of his choices, and turned to go meet with the others. But in his quick movements, he failed to pay attention.

After about two steps, he rammed into someone else, causing both of them to fall and for him to drop everything he had just picked out. With a grunt as he hit the floor, Jisoo looked around him, a bit disappointed and a bit frustrated. He began to gather up his things before he remembered that he ran into someone. He turned his head and saw who he collided with.

On the floor sat you, a girl with fair skin and light hair. You wore dark-washed jeans and a grey, graphics t-shirt. Your hair blocked your face. Jisoo exclaimed, “I am so sorry! I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going!”

You rubbed your clothes, trying to dust yourself off. You replied, “No, no it’s fine! That was COMPLETELY my fault! Are you…” You looked up and stared. You stopped moving and just stared.

For a moment, Jisoo was confused, but then remembered who he was.

More so lately, Jisoo had been having a really hard time with all the recognition SEVENTEEN was getting. Obviously, they all worked hard for fame and this life, but their rise to success was so quick that so many things were starting to fall apart. More scandals had popped up in the last few years and Pledis was not doing a good job of keeping up with the members without hurting them in one way or another. All of them felt it, but it was hitting Jisoo pretty hard, to the point where he truly preferred for the members to call him Jisoo at home and not Joshua, a name he decided to keep just for the stage. For Jisoo, he was just finding it difficult to be so famous. He wasn’t too crazy about being recognized everywhere anymore, especially since it started to feel like he couldn’t live his life. It was just becoming more and more difficult.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked, sincerity in his voice, but a bit of annoyance in his mind. Why couldn’t he just be a normal person?

Raising your eyebrows and widening your eyes, you shook yourself. “Uh, yeah, thank you I’m fine. I’m so sorry for staring but your…”

Jisoo in his cheeks and stood up. Forcing a smile, he said, “Yes, I know.” He offered you a hand..

You stared up into his tremendous eyes, gently grabbing his hand. “I’m so sorry,” you said as you got up. “You must hear this all the time then.” Your voice shrieked of embarrassment.

Jisoo chuckled slightly. “Well, it comes with the job.”

Now you looked confused. You tilted your head, opening your mouth. “Job?”

Jisoo furrowed his eyebrows, tilting slightly backwards. “What’re you talking about?”

“I was just going to say,” you began, “that your eyes…are mesmerizing.” You continued to stare, slowly getting closer, as if to get a better look at them.

You were so close, Jisoo was forced to stare right back at you. For some reason, he was less tense now, especially after getting a better look. Your face was soft and sweet looking, as your thick framed glasses sat on the top of your delicate nose. Your eyes weren’t nearly as large as Jisoo’s but they were just as captivating. You weren’t the typical beauty, definitely not to the standard of idols. Your facial structure was unique. Not so much that it made people look twice on the streets, but unique from what Jisoo was used to. Your cheeks weren’t free of baby-fat and your lips weren’t glistening with gloss. There were a few blemishes here and there, something he was not used to. It was interesting. It wasn’t gorgeous but it was…cute.

Cute, Jisoo thought. You two strangers stood there, entranced by each other’s features that neither of you realized you were still holding hands. It wasn’t until Jisoo realized this, quickly gasping and pulling away, that the trance was broken.

“Sorry, sorry!” he cried, wiping his faintly sweaty hand on his jacket. “I didn’t mean to…”

“Oh, no, no! That was my fault! I should’ve been paying more attention.” you interjected. “Um…” You looked down at the floor and bent over to pick up your things: a 7-up and cup noodles. “I’m so sorry about that,” you said, frantically brushing the hair out of your face. “Let me help you with your things.”

Jisoo , still stupefied, shook himself and crouched down to your level, collecting his things. “No, no, you don’t have to.”

“Oh, no that was all my fault. The least I could do is help you with all your…” you looked at the groceries and chuckled, “snacks.”

Jisoo blushed, a bit embarrassed when he realized all of his items were junk food. “Oh, these are for my roommates, too.”

You laughed, handing him the Hi-Chew. “Okay, good.”

He reorganized the snacks to better fit in his right arm, leaving his left one free to adjust and move whatever necessary. After a moment, you both stood back up. “Thanks for that.”

You nodded, “No problem. Sorry, again, for that and the…staring.” A rosy blush ran over your cheeks.

“It’s fine,” Jisoo replied. You smiled and bowed slightly as you turned to leave. But before you were out of sight, Jisoo couldn’t help but call out. “Wait!”

You turned with a start and stared. “Yeah?”

“Um,” Jisoo stammered, not exactly sure why he just did that. “Um…what…what did you mean about my eyes?”

Now really embarrassed, you held your hands in front of you and walked back in front of him. “I’m so sorry about that. I just meant…” you looked back into his eyes, “that they’re really spectacular.”

Jisoo, a bit dumbfounded, blinked. A smile made its way onto his face and he said, “Oh, well…” he awkwardly rubbed his neck with his free hand. “Uh, thank you. That’s really kind of you.”

“It’s kind of you to let me enjoy them.”

You two beamed at each other in silence. After a second, Jisoo gathered himself. “Ah, sorry, um, for asking, but I didn’t catch your name.”

“Oh, so sorry,” you said, putting your hand to your chest. “(Y/N).” You smiled and stuck out your right hand.

Forgetting social norms and his real name, Jisoo frantically stuck out his left hand. “Joshua.” he said, smiling. He didn’t realize that he was holding out the wrong hand until he tried to shake yours. “Oh, uh…” he awkwardly twisted his arm and cupped your hand, shaking it gently.

You chuckled and shook back. “Nice to meet you, Joshua.”

“Nice to meet you too,” he replied, releasing your soft palm. For a moment, he just stood there, smiling, not sure what to do.

You nodded and broke the silence. “Well, I have to go. I’m so sorry again, for everything,” you said as you walked backwards out of the aisle, your face pink and your legs close to buckling.

“Again, it’s perfectly fine.”

You smiled and turned to walk away, your head down and your hair dangling. Jisoo took a few steps forward and watched your strides as you headed for the counter. Before you were completely out of sight, you turned back and made eye contact. Out of horror, Jisoo gasped, walking back into the shelves, slipping, falling, and dropping everything again. He grunted and stared at his snacks scattered on the floor.

Smiling though, he bent over to pick it all up. She was…cute. He thought. Your face wouldn’t leave his mind, your eyes, your cheeks, your lips, your chin, your everything. So pleasant and easy. So light and free. As the sound of your voice danced in his ears, it was interrupted by the sound of a less feminine one. “Yah! Hyung, can’t you do anything on your own?”

Shaken from his daydream, Jisoo looked up at Vernon, standing over him, disapprovingly shaking his head. He looked back down, in shame, “It was an accident, okay?”

“Tst, tst, tst, Joshua,” Vernon said, sarcastically, as he bent over to help.

“Don’t call me that and help me,” he replied, laughing a bit.

Vernon laughed, “You could’ve called for help.”

“You could’ve replied slower to soju. What’s up with the maknaes and soju, huh?”

“We’ve gotten to enjoy it less.” The two of them stood up, Jisoo now comfortable because half of his stuff was in Vernon’s longer arms.

“You ready?”

He nodded, “Yeah, Seungcheol and Seokmin are up front. We’re waiting for you.”

“Sorry, sorry, let’s go,” he said. They walked out of the aisle and down to the cash registers, spotting the other two.

Seungcheol was eating a strawberry ice cream when he waved over to them. “Over here.” The two got in line with the others and added the rest of their food.

Seungcheol took out his credit card from his pocket and examined what they were going to buy. “You guys sure we got everything?” He looked at the others. But before anyone could answer, he noticed Jisoo’s face. “Hey, Jisoo, what’s up with your face?”

Jisoo, caught off guard, replied, “What?”

Vernon and Seokmin looked at him and laughed. Seokmin said, “Why’re you smiling like that?”

Jisoo felt his face. He was smiling. He wasn’t even thinking but there was a smile plastered on his face. “What the hell?”

Seokmin smacked him on the back. “What’s gotten into you, Jisoo? One second you look depressed, the next you look ridiculously happy. What’s going on?”

Feeling his cheeks and trying to fix his face, he replied, “I don’t know.” He tried to wipe off his own grin, but it was impossible. It was going to stay there. He was thinking of you.


kinda different but hope you guys liked it!! i really hope the boys will never reach a point where they feel like this but aghh thanks for reading <3 more josh soon!